Automobilista - July Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's been delayed once again. :(

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

really?

3. Jan Mikuž

There's a comment on a rd thread (the one about gpl) about it being a few weeks away.
    Can't say for sure, though, since i'm not in the beta (i assume the beta forum has more updated info).

4. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The beta guys have not been given confirmed release date as yet.

5. Jan Mikuž

Any plans or ambition to stimulate online participation ?
    Like 5 players online in public servers on a Friday evening. C'mon now, wtf is this ? :confused:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Will Mazeo

I wonder what people expect a dev to do when I see this kind of comment... I mean... sure we could clone Renato, give his clones a gun and make the clones go all over the world pointing the gun to people's head and forcing them to drive online... other than that no idea.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Jan Mikuž VX is the plan and ambition for that, but still a work in progress.
    @Will Mazeo we tried to do that on the F-Vintages, as a alpha test, but we had to drop it. The "gun" part is very agressive, and probably wouldn't do much good to our reputation. :p

8. Jan Mikuž

Will, it's been like this forever. I reserve the right to whine and vent every now and then. :p
    Especially if situation doesn't improve over time.

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

If we can turn the tables a bit Jan :) you´ve always been an active member in our community both here and at RD so I think it´s fair to conclude you enjoy AMS - do you occasionally launch a public server and invite a few friends over to get the ball rolling? Or if I may be a little more blunt, have you bought into all our SCE / AMS offerings to do your bit to help fund the stronger multiplayer infrastructure you´re asking for? Because when we have a relatively small user base as we do, a little initiative and input from those who make the very core of it like yourself can go a long way - just look what happened to SCE thanks to the people who took part in last year´s crowdfunding.

Nobody has to do that of course, but don´t be surprised to find that just complaining about it isn´t going to be particularly effective. This is a small niche product in a somewhat saturated market in which other products have already been shaped to cater to the "niche-inside-the-niche" multiplayer crowd; our users just prefer to race AMS offline. We can, and do intend to create some stimuli for more online action, but don´t bet on us reinventing the game - ultimately it´s up to users to do what they want with it.

Regarding release, it´s up to v0.9.97 now, so release is imminent - expect news about it soon :)

• Like Like x 5
  10. PATR10T

PATR10T Boss from european endurance center :) AMS2 Club Member

he should join a league somewhere, i think ams is not really a public racer because of just a few people playing it but it looks like there a lot sites hosting league races where he can find for sure some people to race with...
    btw overall its isnt that bad as it maybe its looking, we have 31 logged drivers on our public server... some with 50 laps others just with 2...

11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, it looks like AMS is developing to a tool for Simrace communities, if you want to enjoy some online racing.
    Such a shame for such a nice game, When AMS just launched some nice public racing was going on.
    My hopes are on the "Official Servers" . I Hope they come online with the launch of Version 1.

12. Will Mazeo

Maybe some stuff like scheduled races could help, some small window telling when and which track will be used (and possibility to add a link to people find where the tracks are if they are mods)
    I mean what if in Reiza portal people could click on a server and have the time schedule to see when a race will start (practice and qual included), which track, cars, etc. And a small space for links in case it's a mod. Is this possbible @Renato Simioni ? I guess a plugin to manage the schedule and export the data to the portal would be nice

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We can´t do much regarding mods unfortunately for a variety of reasons, but there is some stuff coming for VX already in v1.0 release, and from there it can only get better :)

V1.0 release confirmed for next week BTW - an official announcement is coming up shortly.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Will Mazeo

But what about a plugin managing the session changes so people can at least know when a race starts (allowing them to see in the VX portal)? That would be very usefull for public racing IMO. In leagues we already got a schedule so not needed at all

15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's gonna be something like this --> Reiza Official Server Schedule

16. Will Mazeo

This is not good enough IMO.
    Would be better if you could click on a server in the portal and have it like, example
    Stock V8 Curitiba
    Practice 19:00
    Qual 19:10
    Race 19:20
    Stock V8 Interlagos
    Practice 19:40
    Qual 19:50
    Race 20:00

Sessions changing automatically you know, just so you get home and see when a race will start, more chances of getting people together IMO
    And also a server description people could add to their own server about their forum, leagues, etc ;) woudn't be necessary used for mods you know, but some propaganda about your league centralized on a single place really helps to keep online racers
    I think with this would make easier for shorter practice and qualify, schedule 2 races per hour, etc. Would be far better to join in case you miss a race as you know when it ends and when a new one start.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  17. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm new to AMS and only ben sim racing for 8 months so apologies if I've missed a lot that might make my opinion less educated here, but if my club RWB is anything to go by, you get a slow general uptake on the game and once enough people get into it there are regular races in it (already happening with us) and then people start racing on our open server each night and good open racing begins. If this happens in enough clubs you get more and more momentum.

Regarding people just starting open non-dedi server sessions, this will never happen until the game is out of beta and gets enough players. TBH from what I've seen in Project Cars they suck anyway and it's in the lap of the gods if you can get a good race. It's a last resort basically.

Anything that encourages helping race clubs to start and develop where there will be some standards held will help immensely in getting great racing. The quality of the game speaks for itself and once word spreads that the good MP racing is happening on it, more should follow.

Finally, I think high volumes of busy open public races to choose from is proportional to how arcadey a race game is. The more sim like ones demand more dedication from players and just don't get the same volumes.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Will Mazeo

Was there any update to DynHUD in the beta? Yesterday was the last time I used it online, if no changes, never again lol

19. mizen

mizen New Member

Hi there - first post, and confess whilst I own GCSE, I don't yet have Automobilista installed yet, but will do once the Brit pack is done.

I race in the UK Sports 2000 championship in my first season, and my car together with another driver Tim Tudor has been used to provide data for the MCR. It's a great series, and a really good car - in real life we're a little quicker at most circuits than GT4/BTCC cars, and only a few seconds off the Radical SR3s/PR6s, despite season being maybe 25% of the price. The car is fast, light, has enough downforce to corner at 1.8-1.9G, is well balanced, and promotes good clean racing. Hope you all enjoy it - I know the prospect of getting "my" car on my rig (bodnar wheel, HE Pros, etc) I am very excited by.

There are about 18 MCRs out there now, and more arriving every year (3 new cars for last season alone); to my knowledge they are all right hand drive, which makes sense as most UK, European and even US circuits run clockwise. There are incremental updates made each year, but the car the bulk of the source data is from won the championship last year, so should be a very good base model.

Hope you all enjoy it.

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jan Mikuž

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.