Automobilista - October Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone! Here´s our round-up of AMS development over the last month and what´s coming up for this month of november.

It´s been a busy 18 months!

To begin with a little retrospective of the past 18 months from the car & track guys - this will probably sound like we´re tooting our own horn a bit :p but mainly it´s a small tribute to a team who have been working exceptionally hard and really shifted up a gear in this last year and a half.

The image below shows all new cars and tracks released since may 2015, from the end of Stock Car Extreme into the release of AMS, and finally moving into AMS DLCs:

^F0EAC98D75A7F6BD9E6FC4DF38995E40443459B2FDCF2740BD^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

A total of 13 new venues along with 20 car models for 14 series have been released over a period of 18 months. That in itself is notable, even more so if you consider that in the same timespan all old content was updated to keep up with newer standards and include all latest features - a total of 27 series and 38 tracks which currently features in AMS.

It´s easy to underestimate the workload involved in delivering all this - if you´re on the other end waiting for stuff to materialise, it probably doesn´t feel very fast at all :p make no mistake though, this would be substantial output even for a bigger team with bigger budget than ourselves, so there´s a feeling of mission accomplished in delivering on what has been a very aggressive plan. Beyond the sheer volume, there´s also satisfaction from the fact that quality standards have not only been retained but upgraded, and older content has not been left to become too outdated relative to the newer stuff, so the sim remains as consistent as possible no matter what and where you´re racing.

What´s coming next

We´re not going on vacation just yet though - in fact we´re still still pushing hard not only with new content but also towards several significant new features and general improvements all across the sim - there are some exciting things already in the works with others being evaluated, but with development being what it is and known to throw some curve balls on occasion we´ll refrain from jumping the gun and push to cover a bit more ground before we confirm stuff. If you´re a Reiza Member though you may not only have a glance of what we´re aiming for, but help influence the development path in this Reiza 51 poll.

We´ve got one, possibly two updates to be delivered over the course of this month, with v1.15 scheduled for November 15th.

One important note regarding this update: @gongo has been working on integration with the latest Logitech drivers to better support G29 and G920. This however will require all users on Logitech wheels to upgrade to their latest software - even those running older models like G25 or G27, so those running Logitech gear please be advised to upgrade in time for v1.15 release.

Upcoming DLCs

Part 1 of Legendary Tracks is next up - Imola is coming, oozing history with 4 distinct versions from 4 different decades - 1972, 1988, 2001 and 2016:

AMS_Imola1972_2.jpg AMS_Imola1972_3.jpg AMS_Imola1972_4.jpg
    AMS_Imola1972_5.jpg
    AMS_Imola1988_2.jpg
    AMS_Imola2001_1.jpg
    AMS_Imola2016_1.jpg

The 1972 & 1988 versions are hitting AMS Beta within a couple of hours from this post. 2001 & 2016 should follow next friday.

Legendary Tracks Part 1 - Imola will sell for US$ 5.99 on release, scheduled to come along with v1.15 on November 15th.

Before the end of november or at the latest early on december, we´re pushing to wrap another pack:
    AMS 2016-11-04 21-36-12-19.jpg

For those of you keeping track of AMS development, it will come as no surprise that the trucks from Formula Truck are bound to come to Automobilista - fully revamped and featuring new custom rules and functionalities.

The good news is that we´re very close to finalizing a new deal with Formula Truck series, which would allow us to officially release the complete, fully branded series (not just the trucks) for AMS. That would in turn open up the possibility of expanding this pack to include the latest season in a future update.

One way or another, to begin with we´ll be releasing the Trucks from 2013 after Imola - the pack will also sell for US$ 5.99. As previously announced, this DLC will be free to those that already own Formula Truck on Steam (if you own the non-Steam copy make sure to retrieve your Steam key for it here).

Always worth reminding also that those who took part in last year´s crowdfunding campaign on any level, acquired our Membership pack or bought the Season Pass on Steam have already secured these and all the other DLC packs to come to AMS.

And what´s next after the Trucks I hear you ask? That´s subject for our next update :)

To wrap up I´d like to remind that as more stuff is confirmed, prices for both the Season Pass on Steam & Membership pack here are due to receive another upgrade - by the time next Dev Update rolls out with some more DLC confirmations, the Season Pass will be upgraded from the current US$ 29.99 to US$ 39.99, so don´t wait up too long :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 21
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you all Reiza members for all the work and dedication you put into this! The result is pretty impressive and brings a lot of pleasure to us players! Interesting to look back: there is a lot of content in game, it gets difficult to choose what to drive! :p It is appreciated to have the same quality across, older content is never left behind. Can't wait to see the rest coming! Nice surprise to have something new in the beta so quickly! Keep it up! There are still things to polish (yes Tony, I'm thinking DynHUD…;)) but with all the passion and work you put into this, I'm sure you will iron everything! Thank you also for your attitude and the way you listen: Automobilista is certainly a great result because of that too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know you aren't Logitech support but could you elaborate on the software stuff for a G27 like myself? Why is the new software needed?

I've always operated under the impression that the newer software doesn't do anything for the G27 and 5.10 is the only one that works for it. Are game profiles from 5.10 compatible with the new program, i got a lot of games. Would I be able to have both installed simultaneously?

I know that's a lot of loaded stuff and like I said, you aren't Logitech, but any clarification or elaboration on the subject would be appreciated! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The old api and new api don't work together basically. It's one or the other - is my understanding.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TaT

TaT Member AMS2 Club Member

The version of LGS linked to above says that it only supports the g29.

Edit : Just tried it and it doesn't detect my G27 at all.

I've always had to use the 5.10 drivers for full functionality.

Will there be a choice of the api we can use?

Or will the latest version of the 5.10 drivers uploaded 14/3/16 work with the new api?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Trucks <3 *Tears of joy* Hope achievements come out soon too. I want to start my career from karts to whatever I think it's the most difficult to drive. Meanwhile having achievements as a history progress of my career.

I also remember I promised someone a dinner when F-Trucks were released. I forgot the name :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pauwe

Pauwe New Member

Hello there. only a note for you. in the Imola 1988 photos you can clearly see the commercial logo of CREDITO ROMANGOLO but it isn't correct. it is CREDITO ROMAGNOLO. G and N are in bad position. bye.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

TRUCKS! i hoped to see something about vr or driver animations but still solid piece of jolly reading

• Like Like x 1
  9. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

I cannot find a picture with a better resolution but...

[​IMG]

Finally this will became reality :hurrayreiza: GSC+FTruck+GMarcas+a lot of DLCs in just one sim... Christmas comes early this year :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, this is really going to need clearing up! I don't want my favorite game to suddenly not work with my wheel correctly. The G27 isn't on the newer software's compatibility list and never has been. If you go to downloads for the G27 on Logitech it still lists 5.10 as the software to download.

11. AADrcw

AADrcw New Member AMS2 Club Member

Its the same for the Driving Force GT. Just went and double checked and still shows 5.10 as the latest for it as well.

12. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes the new upload of 5.10, it's what Raceroom requires, too

13. TaT

TaT Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope so. The original post was somewhat worrying when it linked to non compatible software.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GTSpeedster

GTSpeedster Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Old Spa Francorchamps next? PLEASE!!! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Matt Beavis

Matt Beavis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing work guys. I am telling every man/woman and his/her dog about AMS wether they like racing or not.

The amount and quality of content is unbelievable. I sometimes just end up looking through the menus because I cannot decide :D

16. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imola is looking stellar :eek:
    Looking forward to getting to know the classic version from the 70's, apart from the return of the great version from the 80's.

On that note, please bring us as much classic tracks as possible ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

Trucks! After all those years finally in the main game :) Imola vintage shots look astonishing, mmm.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will we have the smoke with the trucks?

19. kamtcho

kamtcho New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Guys, you need to download this version of G27 drivers:
    Logitech.JPG
    as you can see we have the same old driver number (5.10.127) but this was released on 14 march 2016 and adds support for new logitech sdk...
    To be sure to pick the right drivers, download them as you are under win 10 (win7/8 are supported), choose if 32 or 64 bit and check release date and release notes...

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1