Automobilista v1.2.1 & Formula Truck DLC RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Been a while since I drove the F3. Really impressive. One of the most enjoyable and immersive experiences I've ever had. So far only at Londrina but man what a rush. I'm under its spell for sure. I feel like a school boy literally daydreaming about it today. Can't wait to get back to it. And those sounds :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

They are gr8! Did a 10 lap race in F3 at Brands and it was tense!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Hey Professional, check it out my new skinpack, the Endurance Brasil.

The MCR and Metalmoro in Tarumã is a blast!

Endurance Brasil - MR18 and MCR 2000

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Reiza is very quiet...something is happening in the shadows of forum...but when will merge to light?

5. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

8+1+1+7=17
    double 17
    r is 17. letter in PL alphabet (excluding some special letters like ą, ę etc)
    so we have r17
    reiza17 confirmed

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

^ dobre, dobre :D

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You know many times when Reiza update their game the dedi tool cars are not updated so we have to delete the folder to get the latest versions with integrity check if we'll use them in our races, no problem at all.
    Now I did it and secondary server config disappeared and may have messed up server config files plr and multplayer, how cool :rolleyes:

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We have our first AMS update of the year as v1.2.1 is now out - this is a hotfix to address the main issues reported since v1.2.0 release.

Main changelog for v1.2.1:
    • Fixed various sound effect issues introduced in last build & fine tuned volume balancing of several effects in various cars
    • Development of fog in shaders - fog density and distance now varies based on if user is looking at the sun or not
    • Adjusted surface properties for all dirt tracks to minimize issues with FFB rattling
    • Goiania: Fixed Short FTruck crash; minor texture updates
    • Cadwell Park: Fixed terrain issue in upper park
    • Removed exhaust smoke entries from FC Truck which had been accidentaly left in (will be added back when effects are finalized)
    • Combined all F-Truck into the same class for VX classifications & split F-Dirt from Lancer X for the same purpose
    • Karts: Added auto-clutch for direct drive karts; Adjusted tire slip curves; Callibrated AI for all kart series for better performance & hopefully fixed issue with karts occasionally tumbling over curbs
    • Ultima GTR: Revised undertray aero for all versions & minor tire tweaks
    • F-3: Minor tire adjustments
    • F-Dirt: Revised tire model; Added community drivers; Fixed TV cameras

• Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

GREAT job with Ultima GTR (Road 720 at least). Spent a good few hours at Jacarapagua in the 720 this past week using my base setup after testing the default setup (which I always do after an update or the first time I drive a car after there has been an update) and the default setup not working at all at least with respect to braking and front lock up. I think this is the video I did where I explained that but I also did two test race videos after this also but I think this is the one.

Edit - I should have said above that I wasn't using my base setup but a new setup based on default but with bias reduced (because fronts were locking almost instantly on braking) by two clicks and minor ARB adjustments.

Anyway, the default setup with the physics changes now feels almost exactly like the previous default after my setup changes which is to say...EXCELLENT :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  10. Rebellion

Rebellion Member AMS2 Club Member

So I got fog in the vehicle, was that so intentional?

11. Will Mazeo

Is there any server command to remove a DQ from someone? Again a driver starting from pits made a mistake and crossed the line, DQ for this is too much, could be a 60 second stop and go instead or more, but not a DQ, or some kind of check if the person brake and return to pit nothing happens, a instant DQ is not nice :mad:

A suggestion @Renato Simioni mandatory headlights give people afew seconds to turn it on again before the driver get DQed, please make the same about crossing the line with pits closed. Put a "Warning! Return to behind the pit exit line in xx seconds or you'll be disqualified" in the message center

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had to start from the pits for the first time a few weeks ago: I got a message when I could start. I was surprised because I've never seen that mentioned: you have to be really patient when you start from the pits (I think you have to wait for the other cars to reach the end of sector 1) but if you wait for this message you don't get DQ.
    I agree the punishment seems too hard but that could be useful to inform your drivers in the meantime… ;)

13. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We did add a message that if you miss the start it tells you not to leave the pits until told so. And then it tells you when you are allowed to leave. (or that is how it is supposed to work)

We also lengthened the race start procedure to 60 seconds and added the hooter sound to the race start procedure, when the game switches to race session.

We looked into the penalty, and found that with a 60 second lead up time, a DQ is the only appropriate punishment, as otherwise someone could drive, do an entire lap and still be ahead with a penalty.

We can only compensate so much for people.

14. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can tell you this part works perfectly! And I thought the 60 seconds delay was more than enough…:rolleyes:

Fair enough, all is good then! Thank you. :)

15. Will Mazeo

If you guys would read it it'd be awesome... I said the guy did a mistake and crossed the line. He saw the warning saying the pit is closed, there was a big red light in front of him, heck he even went back with his car a bit because he was too close to it and when when trying to stop the car he just did a mistake and crossed the line causing a DQ, it does not make sense to DQ someone for this, as I said above give them 10 or 15 second to put reverse gear and go back to behind the line... if the person does not go back then yeah DQ him but come on.... a bit of common sense would be nice, instant DQ for crossing the line 1milimeter geez...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no idea if it removes a DQ... I doubt it. You can restart the race too.

REMOVE PENALTY: /subpenalty [code#] [name]
    0=remove one stop/go penalty
    1=remove one drive-thru penalty
    2=remove one longest line penalty
    3=remove all penalties

17. Will Mazeo

That command does not work for DQ, also if you are driving you have to type a command for something the game didn't have to do... and right in the heat of a first lap? No, thanks,
    And no, by our rules we can't restart for a single person, it was the end of formation lap at Spa and we were already late for our schedule, restarting would add too much time to an already late race.

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Any updates on this ?
    I have just ordered the Fanatec CSL with the pc version of the universal hub (not xbox) and would really like to know a definitive answer if i have made a mistake or that you Guys are able to support this gear .

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What would also be great is 1 command to remove all penalties. I know the above command has it but you still have to type the drivers name in and you cant do that while you are racing, i would love one command that dismissed any current penalties for all drivers.
    I use a tablet button box and can hit one button to perform the command

20. Branden

Branden New Member

Thanks very much Reiza, you do sim racing the right way! :cool:

• Like Like x 1