Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

2. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Thanks guys, I'll give them a go :)

3. KARTEK

KARTEK New Member

Hello !
    Still the Stock car V8?
    No Formula3, Stock Car Opala, Marcas, Caterham, Formula Truck, SuperV8, Formula Retro, Formula Vee, Metalmoro ?

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio New Member

I'm probably being dumb,but why has the Car/Track combo stopped being announced?.

5. Vaken

@KARTEK : It has happened at least twice that the combo announced was changed later (well, once was for Hockenheim, which couldn't be announced before it was released, I guess). Let's hope that it's another 'false start'. We have enough cars not to have to use the Stock car V8 twice, indeed !

@Jake Fangio : There's a "Next Week" box on the Leaderboards site, just in case you didn't notice. HTH.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio New Member

Cheers dude. :)

7. Matty28

Matty28 Member

"July 2017:
    Car pack from a major manufacturer - TBA"

8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hockenheim had to wait until, as you rightly said, release was confirmed and out of the door.

The fact that you saw next weeks event when you must have to have made this post means there is an error on my part, timezone related I imagine. Would you mind letting me know what your system timezone is set to please so I can double check the logic?

In regard to running Stock V8 twice, this was always planned to coincide and in association with the real series events. I believe there have been calendar changes to real events that resulted in us moving the V8 round forward a week to address.

It's only a 12 round competition, unfortunately there's so much content we can;t run it all in one season. The final two rounds have been set already and I can tell you that the final week car is in your list but that's as much as I'm going to give away ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Vaken

Spa-Francorchamps timezone ;-)
    Normally UTC+1, but with daytime savings, it's actually UTC+2 at this moment.

10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks, I'll look into it

11. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Mini replay from last week:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

I just cannot come to grips, literally, with the Stockcar V8. Can't get it to turn. On the off chance that it does turn, it seems like it doesn't want to stop turning. I'm within 107% at the moment but I will probably be outside of the top 100 before it is all said and done. I really struggled with this car the last time it was used.

13. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

How is it that some drivers have done a lap in the latest TT but their setup is not shared as with others?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We are into the final round of the Automobilista Time Trial Challenge!

After 11 rounds of gruelling competition, one name has constantly come out on top: Turks (aka @Tim O'Glock) has been dominating and holds a strong lead in the points table going into the final week, but @Matty28 , @Heitor Facuri Cicoti & @KARTEK are still close and fighting each other!

Here is the current standings:
    Virtual Xperience

We´re wrapping the Challenge this week with the F309 at Interlagos:
    Screenshot15661.jpg
    Only laps scored from July 3rd 00:00 GMT to July 9th 23:59 GMT will count for this last round of the Time Trial Challenge.

Nearly a thousand drivers have registered times over the course of the TT Challenge, and over 700 have scored at least one result within 107% of the week´s best - this is the last chance to be amongst them in order to earn a chance of winning a Stock Car Seat!

• Like Like x 9
  15. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

For the next challenge with a prize please use an anticheat everytime, disable the setup sharing and set fixed setup for all.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Vaken

Erm... with a fixed setup, I don't see how borrowing it from somebody else could help...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Antonio Castagna

In a serious competition you don't share your setup with other drivers.
    If you are good you are evaluated by the skills of the pilot, not for the setup. If the setup were fixed for everyone, I would assure you that the ranking would now be quite different.

18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Anticheat is on all the time, so I´m not sure what you´re refering to.

I also don´t see how fixed setups would be any less arbitrary or more serious then having participants share their setups. Ultimately the rules for any competition are what they are - you can elect to participate if you find them appropriate, or skip it if you don´t.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Antonio Castagna

20. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Antonio, I assure you nothing would change with that. Pick any track with the Lancer RS (for an unofficial Time Trial with fixed setups), and you will see that the same guys are going to be faster than you. Nobody at the top is using cheats. That's evident by the little difference in lap times. Be happy with your position. You are doing well.

Also, you didn't get Vaken's joke. He pointed out that, with your suggestion of fixed setups, you wouldn't need to suggest disabling setup sharing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2