1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help starting the game after a windows reinstall

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by PATR10T, May 13, 2016.

1. PATR10T

PATR10T Boss from european endurance center :) AMS2 Club Member

hey guys

i had a system failure where i had to reinstall windows... like windows is doing it on a update to windows 10 all installed programs were moved to the windows.old folder and deleted some exe... my system is working again now and i copied my sce installs back to the windows programs folder and tried to get the exe back with using the games sync but there the sync want to download ALL game files -.- i got the gsc.exe from a friend and tried to start it on the games folder, gsc logo appears, disappears and nothing more...

is there a way to get the game working again without downloading all files again? i downloaded the game just once and made several different other installs with it and there always the sync was working fine even if the install wasnt installed normally and just copy and pasted so i think it must work now too...

i have a very slow internet thats why i dont want to download the complete game again...

2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello.
    Had he sent you the .exe from the same version that you have installed?

3. PATR10T

yes, i have a non steam version and i got the non steam exe too... i got a steam one too at first but then steam want to start if i click the exe :D

edit: wow now its going to get strange... yesterday after i copied my steam folder back to programs and also reinstalled steam it loaded a 25mb update for ams beta thats why i thought theres everything ok... wanted to play ams beta now, started the game on steam and steam installed dx and then same like on sce, screen getting black and after 1-2 seconds its jumping back to the desktop... i tried assetto because i thought maybe its a systems problem but ac is working fine -.-

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  4. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

5. PATR10T

i think there were maybe some broken files... i had an older backup from gsc (looks like i oversaw it yesterday, hard to find on my full 500gb backup hdd), i copied all files into the "install" and i can start the game now, sync want to download now just 5gb instead of the full game...

but anyway thx for the help ;)

6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@PATR10T I suggestione you a Win 10 clean install, is an easy processore and you will avoid any further problems...

7. PATR10T

?

everything is working now...

when i updated from win7 to win10 i was able to copy the game installs from the windows.old folder to the new programs folder and the games worked fine... now i had to reinstall it because after a system restore it said there was a problem i should restart the pc, then on the windows icon the start stopped... i tried several ways but none of them found the problem so i had to reinstall it...
    i think some files were damaged thats why the sync and on some other games steam always wanted to download all files... i found a older backup from gsc on my backup hdd, i copy and pasted into my programs folder and with this the game started like normal installed... instead of the full game the sync this time wanted to download just 1.2gb... thats why i think the files got damaged... now everything is running again ;)

8. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@DaVeX Out of interest, I have already upgraded from 7 to 10, but how would I do a clean re-install if I ever needed to? Surely I would have to go back to beginning and install Windows 7 first and then Win 10 on top?

9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

No need mate, just follow this guide:

Download the Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft. This tool will download the correct Windows 10 installation files for your system, and help you create an installation DVD or flash drive. Start it up and select the “Create installation media for another PC” option to create installation media.

[​IMG]

Be sure to select the correct type of installation media for the copy of Windows 10 that’s licensed for your PC — Windows 10 Home or Professional. (If “Windows 10” is the only option, you can safely use that and it will detect what version you want.) You should also choose your language and select whether you want the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows here. Most people will want the 64-bit version, but you can create installation media that includes both, and the installer will automatically select the most appropriate one when you use it to install Windows on a computer.

[​IMG]

Install Windows 10 from the installation media like you would any other operating system. Restart your computer with the USB drive or DVD inserted, and boot from that device. This may require youchange a setting in the BIOS, access a boot menu, or use the “Use a device” option in the advanced startup options on a modern Windows 8 or 10 device that includes UEFI firmware instead of the traditional BIOS. Select “Install Now” once the Windows installer starts.

Next, you’ll see the activation screen. What you do here depends on your situation:

• If you’ve never installed and activated Windows 10 on this computer before, you’ll see the activation screen. Enter your Windows 10 key here. If you don’t have one, but you have a valid 7, 8, or 8.1 key, enter it here instead.
    • If you’ve ever installed and activated Windows 10 on this computer before, click “I don’t have a product key”. Windows will automatically activate once it’s installed.
    The second situation works because of how Windows 10 activates PCs. When you install and activate Windows 10 on a system for the first time, the installer confirms that you have a “genuine Windows” system installed and registers your hardware with Microsoft’s servers. After that, you shouldn’t have to enter that key again on the same PC–Microsoft will recognize your hardware the next time you install Windows 10 on that machine, confirm it’s registered, and automatically activate itself.

[​IMG]

Go through the setup process normally until you see the “Which type of installation do you want?” screen. Select the “Custom” option to ensure you’re performing a clean install and not an upgrade install.

Partition your system drive however you like. If you just have a single Windows partition, you can tell the installer to overwrite it. If you have many partitions, you could delete them all and tell Windows 10 to install itself in the unallocated space.

[​IMG]

After you log into your new, cleanly installed Windows 10 system, it should automaticallyactivate itself after you connect to the Internet.

To ensure it activated correctly, open the Start menu and click on Settings. click the Update & Security button, and go to the “Activation” tab.

[​IMG]

Verify that you see “Windows is activated” here. Also, note the edition of Windows 10 you have installed — either Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro. Most people will receive the Home edition as part of the free upgrade from 7 or 8, but you’ll get Windows 10 Pro if you previously had a Professional edition of Windows 7 or 8 installed.

You can read it at: How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10, the Easy Way

If you saved your steam folders you can put them later inside the new steam install, check your files and games will be ready to go again!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. keith windsor

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I will definitely create an installation DVD for the future. Much obliged :)

11. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Windows 10 is the devil. I had it for 9 months before I finally gave up and went back to 7. :cool:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. keith windsor

I know what you mean, I was very reluctant but luckily I had two copies of Windows 7, so I made a dual boot system - my old Win7 is still here, and I installed my other one on another HD and upgraded it to 10. I will keep adding software to it and see if I can live with it eventually.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1