Automobilista - EA v0.9.6 RELEASED; Now up to v0.9.67

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A new Early Access build of Automobilista has been released - v0.9.6 is now out.

Content:
    • Added Copa Montana Series
    • Added Mendig Flugplatz (first of many layouts still to come for this venue)

Features & Fixes:
    • Added Time Trial integration with Virtual Xperience portal leaderboards (more about it here)
    • Integrated Steam Matchmaker into in-game Multiplayer lobby
    • Added new track limit violation system to clamp down excessive corner cutting & running wide (still subject to some track-specific fine-tuning - info & discussion about it here)
    • Adjusted tree shaders for improved lighting
    • Added alternative Interlagos, Kansai, Montreal, Spielberg track options removing GP-specific trackside objects and DRS / tire compound rules (same layout otherwise)
    • Fixed several multiplayer screen UI errors
    • DynHUD: Fixed HUD not displayed (properly) on multiplayer race start; Added a custom fix to Johannesburg trackmap; Fixed profile info being applied too late
    • VIR: Tweaked AI lines at Grand & Full layouts so they do a better job of avoiding dangerous curbs
    • F-Extreme Fixed oversized DRS textures which could cause memory overload
    • F-Retro: Fixed gear shift light not working
    • Boxer: Corrected off-center LCD display; Tweaked rear light; Fixed windshield reflection; Minor engine sound tweak; Minor adjustment to damper rates & rear wing; Increased default front anti-roll bar setting
    • Marcas: Minor tightening of tire slip angles & chassis inertia adjustment

Heads-up to league runners: as per our usual Early Access schedule we´ll still have a couple of major update releases every other upcoming friday. If you have a race tonight, you may want to check with the league admin whether you´ll be racing with the old v0.9.41 or this latest v0.9.6.

If a league doesn´t want to risk issues by racing with the new version (this one of the upcoming ones), you´ll have the option to stick to the current v0.9.41 until the event is finished. This can be done by right-clicking Automobilista on Steam -> Properties -> "BETA" tab, and selecting v0.9.41 from the dropdown box.

If AMS is updated automatically before you have the chance to do the above procedure, you can still revert to v0.9.41 by following the steps above (and then opt out of it once the race is over in order to update to the latest v0.9.6).

Leaving previous versions available in branches will be regular practice from now on - besides the scenario such as the above, having the option to go back to a previous version may also be helpful for users who encounter issues to help us isolate when they started so please keep it in mind.

If you are not running a league event on fridays or tonight specifically, you may ignore this and just let the game auto-update as usual.

EDIT: V0.9.67 is now out - this is mainly a hotfix to address some issues introduced with the new track limit rules.

Our apologies to anyone who may have had Multiplayer races compromised this past week by issues with detection on pit entry. Thanks to your feedback we have managed to make quick progress fine-tuning the system and adding some new options, along with some other adjustments also included in this release.

Here is the changelog:
    • Added TRACK LIMIT RULES on/off UI switch to RULES menu (valid for single player only)
    • Adjusted track limit corridors in all tracks
    • Exceeding track limits in race conditions now awards a drive-thru (rather than Stop/Go)
    • Added driving aid weight penalties to all cars (to compensate for potential performance advantages when using aids other than the ones built-in to any given car)
    • Small overall tweak to AI draft stickiness to make them a bit less hesitant to move out of the draft for a pass;
    • Revised rear wing aero maps for Marcas, StockV8, Montana, (leading to less rear wing downforce in lower settings relative to previou versions); minor aero adjustments to Metalmoro, F3, Lancer Cup, Mini, Opala 86 cars
    • DynHUD: Fixed error causing Editor not to work
    • VIR: Tweaked trackside TV cameras
    • Granja: Added missing tire barriers
    • Marcas: Added onboard adjustable anti-roll bars
    • Montana: Adjusted damper rates

If you wish to discuss the new track limit violation system, please use this thread.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread. (make sure to check the opening post).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. minuseven

minuseven New Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome! Looking forward to racing the Montana online.

3. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Was hoping this would come on my birthday. Thank you, guys. :D

4. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

Like after the last patch, AMS fails to recognize the shift stick of my Driving Force GT properly :/

5. Michael Buckley

Michael Buckley Member AMS2 Club Member

6. Tommi

Tommi Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for v0.9.6 public update, Renato and Reiza team. :)
    Especially, VIR's tweaked AI lines and corrected Boxer Cup LCD (MoTec) position are really nice updates for me.
    I've driven several laps at VIR Full with Boxer Cup. And the AI became more stable and smoother around turn 10 (before the back straight).
    And the cockpit looks better with centered LCD (MoTec) display. I'm going to fully enjoy racing this weekend. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Steam matchmaking in game lobby is definitive or there will be a Reiza lobby later?

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Definitive, no reason to have 2 different matchmakers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alexease

Alexease New Member AMS2 Club Member

Montana is great!
    Please more cockpit settings (seat position closer and tilt). Thx!

10. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

I almost suspected it - the game had not full updated when I wrote this. A while later, another 3.1 MB patch arived, which fixed the issue.
    Anyways, I jumped right into the new patch and Copa Montana is really fun. It's nice being able to drive all these crazy kinds of cars, much better than having 20 different GT3s :p
    Also: THOSE SKIES LOOK AMAZING. You guys did a great job there :D

11. s2173

s2173 New Member

Mendig Flugplaz is much more fun track than I expected... also time trial works nicely. But I can't look at replay while in time trial - is that intended?

12. Will Mazeo

This small update (with 3mb I think) is not available for server yet? Can't connect to our server, and after this update it is not appearing in the matchmaking list anymore :(:(

13. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After last update, is DYNHUD editor working? I cant get it 2 run on 2 different machines anymore:( ?
    no errors just wont open, does nothing

EDIT:just checked with a fellow racer and his no longer works either?
    Please fix this reiza:(

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  14. macmaniacoes

macmaniacoes Member AMS2 Club Member

Not working for me either...

15. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep more fellow races report editor is dead

16. MaH

MaH New Member

Mendig Flugplaz, our AMS Sebring is great, beautiful, fun track. Thank You Reiza for this update!

17. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We are aware of the false cut detection issue when entering the pits. We will get a hotfix out asap.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Will Mazeo

Anyone else getting mismatch with the Marcas (HDV) online? Game and server updated but getting booted all time due to this
    @Renato Simioni looks like Marcas series is still running on 0.9.41 on dedi tool :D any ETA on fix?
    Ehhmm dedi tool does not have Copa Montana filters?

Edit: nevermind, after an integrity check everything is running as it should now

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  19. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

20. denis dracup

denis dracup Active Member AMS2 Club Member

not working for me either..both ea and beta not working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.