Automobilista - EA v0.9.6 RELEASED; Now up to v0.9.67

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eduardo del Mango

Eduardo del Mango Member AMS2 Club Member

The trucks are great fun! Nice work Reiza.

Don't suppose there's any progress on the floating cars in replays issue?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Renan_MA

Renan_MA New Member

I think you guys should do this, its a copy from RD forums:

"I love ams, so please don't take it as some reductive whining, but I was always dissapointed at how sports cars are released for sims with all the hard-to-find data and yet the devs don't bother to write a page of bullet points about the systems available in car, how they are modelled in game and the way real life competition is organised. Not a problem for something like f1, but when you deal with historic or niche racing series like this one, getting proper info can be difficult. It's annoying when you want to do a bit of 'role play' and organise a quick championship."

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Member AMS2 Club Member

Where is the spectator mode on this new build? I only found a way to disable/activate it via Multiplayer.ini

4. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We have a new beta build in testing now, as long as no showstoppers come up it should be deployed into EA tomorrow. Build v0.9.65 will mainly be an advance hotfix to address issues introduced with the track limit rules.

This is the changelog:

• Added TRACK LIMIT RULES on/off UI switch to RULES menu (valid for single player only)
    • Adjusted track limit corridors in all tracks
    • Exceeding track limits in race conditions now awards a drive-thru (rather than Stop/Go)
    • Added driving aid weight penalties to all cars (to compensate for potential performance advantages when using aids other than the ones built-in to any given car)
    • Small overall tweak to AI draft stickiness to make them a bit less hesitant to move out of the draft for a pass;
    • Revised rear wing aero maps for Marcas, StockV8, Montana, (leading to less rear wing downforce in lower settings relative to previou versions); minor aero adjustments to Metalmoro, F3, Lancer Cup, Mini, Opala 86 cars
    • DynHUD: Fixed error causing Editor not to work
    • VIR: Tweaked trackside TV cameras
    • Marcas: Added onboard adjustable anti-roll bars
    • Montana: Adjusted damper rates

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you provide more detail on this? How big is the penalty, is it different for each aid, do you have more weight added per aid turned on, and which aids have the penalty?

While it's clear that SC, TC, and ABS can help performance, using auto shifting is a performance disadvantage because you're not using downshifting to help slow the car down, and you're often not in the ideal gear in certain situations (you want it to hold the gear but it upshifts). And is there a penalty for using Auto Clutch, Auto Blip, and Auto Lift? Also, using Steering Help and Braking Help provide no performance advantage.

7. Renato Simioni

Penalties range from 1 to 5% of car´s weight added to the fuel tank, and vary from car to car, aid to aid and level to level (low vs medium vs full etc). They´re applied according to car spec (so naturally for instance no penalties for running TC in the V10, or for ABS in the Mini), and are designed to offset potential gains from using these non-native aids, rather than disadvantage people who use them. Auto clutch by itself never warrant penalties but auto blip/lift do (in cars with manual sequential or H-style boxes that is, not for semi-automatics).

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When I turn on the ABS/TC while in car am I using game or car assist (in case of the F V10 and Mini)?

9. Renato Simioni

From the "F" keys, you´re enabling game aids. You have to map the commands (listed on the bottom of "Inputs" box in "Controls" menu) to change the car´s own electronic aids up, down or off on the fly (keeping in mind not all of them are adjustable), in addition to changing them from the garage menu itself.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OK, but to be really, reeelly clear on this...

Let's say I'm driving the F-V10, which has electronic TC in the garage menu.

In the garage menu, the electronic aids are OFF.

I'm in the car and I hit the F8 key to enable the game TC aid.

1. Does TC work identically when enabled using the F8 game aid vs enabling TC in the garage menu?

2. Is there a penalty added when enabling TC using the F8 game aid (instead of via the garage menu)?

11. Renato Simioni

1- Functionality-wise it does work identically, but they´re split in so far how you can set it on / off as per above (reasons why they´re split like this should be clearer down the road).

2- No penalty in the case of TC for the F-V10 irrespective if you use the car aid or the game aid, because the car features such aid by default. The penalties only apply when you´re using an aid that the car does not have.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Interesting. Then we will also have technical and mechanical information for each car, especially the gear system?

13. Renato Simioni

V0.9.67 is now out - this is mainly a hotfix to address some issues introduced with the new track limit rules.

Our apologies to anyone who may have had Multiplayer races compromised this past week by issues with detection on pit entry. Thanks to your feedback we have managed to make quick progress fine-tuning the system and adding some new options, along with some other adjustments also included in this release.

Here is the changelog:
    • Added TRACK LIMIT RULES on/off UI switch to RULES menu (valid for single player only)
    • Adjusted track limit corridors in all tracks
    • Exceeding track limits in race conditions now awards a drive-thru (rather than Stop/Go)
    • Added driving aid weight penalties to all cars (to compensate for potential performance advantages when using aids other than the ones built-in to any given car)
    • Small overall tweak to AI draft stickiness to make them a bit less hesitant to move out of the draft for a pass;
    • Revised rear wing aero maps for Marcas, StockV8, Montana, (leading to less rear wing downforce in lower settings relative to previou versions); minor aero adjustments to Metalmoro, F3, Lancer Cup, Mini, Opala 86 cars
    • DynHUD: Fixed error causing Editor not to work
    • VIR: Tweaked trackside TV cameras
    • Granja: Added missing tire barriers
    • Marcas: Added onboard adjustable anti-roll bars
    • Montana: Adjusted damper rates

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just did a round trip at Mendig. Place is huge. Took me 4:30 at 80kmh driving along the inner side of the fence. Just the kind of playground you need to unwind, carelessly enjoy the great physics and really appreciate all these overpowered machines. Feels like letting a wild beast loose into the wild, haha. :D

The sense of freedom that comes with it is something new as well. Feels great to be able to go anywhere you want. This will be a fantastic addition once everything is opened up and the unregulated, wild countryside roads are accessible as well.
    #cruiseserver (just kidding...a LFS reference)
    Thanks guys. :)

p.s.: Montana feels livelier and more dynamic (i see you applied some changes, it felt a bit ''meh'' before to me, but the improvement is noticeable now). Road cutting system adjustments are also noticeably improved, it's moving along well, so props for this as well. :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same thing happened after this update so gotta report: After the last 2 updates I had to do a integrity check in the server (remote, dedi tool) and it reports one AMS file always fail to update. If you don't do the integrity check Reiza content gives hdv mismatch (didn't check if same happens with mods).
    No idea if other people had the same issue.

16. Luca

Luca New Member

@Renato
    About driving aids penalties : if I drive for example a Marcas car (offline, fuel usage off, tyre wear off) and I use all the aids, does my car will weight more then AI cars ? Or this penalties are only for online races ?

Thanks
    Luca.

17. Marcos Furriel

Marcos Furriel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seria interessante se nós tivessemos informações sobre quais ajudas são ou não nativas em cada carro. É dificil saber isso pesquisando no google.

Google translate: It would be interesting if we had information about which aids are not native in each car. It's hard to know this by searching on google.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm sorry but I think the current penalty system is ridiculous, I can cope with 4 cuts and you get a penaly thats fair enough but cmon once you have served that penalty all you do is 1 more cut and you get the same penalty again, that's just silly I'm my opinion. Once you serve your penalty the thing should reset back to 4 more cuts before you get penalised again , please change this it is way too harsh for fun competitive racing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

Getting better and better, thank you.

20. Tommi

Tommi Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this option for Single-player mode, Renato and Reiza team. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.