Virtual Xperience (Automobilista web portal) - Leaderboards are now live

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We´re pleased to present you all the beta version of Virtual Xperience portal (VX), the place we hope will help stimulate the community´s engagement with & around Automobilista.

From VX you´ll be able to check the multiplayer lobby and join sessions, find a league, measure your hotlapping skills in the AMS leaderboards, join one of our official public servers, share your setups & replays.

The main module currently available for testing are the AMS leaderboards - this is linked to the game´s Time Trial mode, which as you may have already noticed is effectively a practice session run under fixed configurations (not fixed setup) - noon time, max track conditions, no AI, no tire wear or fuel consumption - for the sole purpose of scoring hotlaps to the leaderboards & future hotlapping competitions. The times you set in Time Trial are automatically synced up with the leaderboards via Steam (so long are you are online and your local files have been validated), using your Steam profile information (name and country for now so long as you have your profile information public) - you can check then how it ranks against the others both from the in-game monitor while running a time trial session, as well as from the Virtual Xperience leaderboards, selecting the car / track combo you´re looking to check out (it may take a few minutes for new results to show up in VX).

Please note that since the system was being tested with AMS Beta (which uses a different Steam AppID), the release version should be mostly empty at this stage - only boards with registered times will be available for viewing on VX.

To start populating them, let´s try a few friendly competitions - we can have a go at celebrating this weekend´s race with the Stock Car V8s at Taruma Chicane, or the new release combo of Mendig + Copa Montana. Let´s see who can make to the top there :)

Please note also that the leaderboards rely on our file verification system and works solely with official game content, from their respective series - therefore you CANNOT run Time Trial by running All cars / tracks mode, and/or using a mod car or track and TT will become unavailable whenever you have selected a series that is not eligible.

Our anticheat system is in place already so it should not be possible to get away with performance enhancing modifications to the game. You´re welcome to try it though and let us know how you get on :)

Finally, keep in mind the system is currently a WIP and there are still some restrictions - the main issue currently is the lack of sorting between vehicles of a same series with different performances, so for now you can´t for instance have multiple entries from the different karting classes in a same track, it will only pick the best overall. This means that series featuring cars of different performances like karting, Lancer Cup, Opalas or F3 are a bit limited for the moment, but this will be sorted in upcoming updates along with some more remaining features.

We welcome your participation, feedback & reports are very welcome to help us advance design, functionality & iron out any eventual bugs you may come across in time for v1.0 release.

This topic is specific for discussing the VX leaderboards - the other VX modules will have their own threads as they become available.

If you wish to discuss the new track violation system, please use this thread.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Like x 8
    • Winner x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed with the karts that you can only record one time at a track. (blah blah blah)
    Nevermind, I see you addressed that above. :p

3. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Noticed that for the Copa Montana at Mendig there is something odd about the split times shown for the top few people (eg. Erick Goldner in 2nd). The delta for the 3 splits do not add up to the total delta, the sign for S3 is reversed. Seems okay for people further down the list though so odd.

Also noticed that the Boxer Cup at Interlagos GP15 has a Formula Classic leading the table. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

The arrows look a bit strange on Firefox 48 Beta upload_2016-6-25_11-52-22.png

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@jlnprssnr cheers, will take a look, didn't see it in my FF though it won't be a beta I can't remember what version I'm at.

@Kevin Peat thanks, will take a look at the sectors issue. The classic lap at Interlagos I've already seen and is being looked into.

6. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you saw it on a previous lap ?
    Because the lap that it's on the leaderboard now seems to be right:
    18.273 + 33.324 + 28.466 = 80.063 ( 1.20.064).

I´ve did the same for the first 5 and it's right for them too.

7. s2173

s2173 New Member

I just got a WR for Stock Car v8 at Taruma Chicane... while running Formula Vee at Kanzai East. I ran both events one after another, maybe that caused the bug...

8. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  9. Tim O'Glock

Tim O'Glock Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not anymore.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  11. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It was the deltas that didn't add up not the splits themselves but I should have taken a screenprint. Does seem okay now. If I notice it again I will do so.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dajonaga

Dajonaga untalented driver AMS2 Club Member

The VX Portal is absolutely great!

BTW... #1 @ VIR Grand with Copa Montana... there's room for improvement. ;)

13. Jyri Kettunen

Jyri Kettunen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

Oh yeah! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is interesting to see that the time of Tim o'clock in the f-extreme in spielberg is very similar to the real life times from this weekend's f1.

15. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a heads up that the first time on Montana - Mendig Leaderboard is an Opala 86 time (1.14.394).

Yesterday i was doing a Time Trial with the Lancer RS at Intergalos Cafe and then i went for the Montana at Brasilia. When it loaded the Brasilia Track, the times from the leaderboard were still showing from the previous combination. I didn't go for a lap since i find it odd, just exited and loaded again and it showed the right times.

16. JuergenBY

JuergenBY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a little suggestion, would it possible, to have a additional selection, like PRO and Casual (whatever), where PRO is without any assists (maybe except auto clutch) and Casual all assists allowed? When PRO is selected, laptimes without assists (except auto clutch) are shown, only.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Koba

In the Reiza 51 thread (before VX became public), they mentioned that they are going to add filters to show or remove laps by aids used, country, and possibly other parameters. So improvements are coming.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Koba

The labelling of the Tykki layouts is messed up. I did a time trial of the Tykki Tarmac layout. On the VX page my time showed up under Tykki Dirt 2. The track map shown when you choose Tykki Dirt 2 is the Tarmac layout.

Code:
    VX dropdown label    Displayed track map
    ------------------------------------------
    Tykki Dirt 1         Tykki RX
    Tykki Dirt2          Tykki Tarmac  <= The lap times are Tykki Tarmac
    Tykki RX             Tykki Dirt 1
    Tykki Tarmac         Tykki Dirt 2

I know this is a different department, please pass this to the right person:

I noticed that:

Tykki Dirt 1 files are labelled Tykki 3.
    Tykki Dirt 2 files are labelled Tykki 4.
    Tykki RX files are labelled Tykki 1.
    Tykki Tarmac files are labelled Tykki 2.

Why not use the in-game names for the file names? If you need to leave them as numbers, it would be less confusing to number them in the order that the layouts are listed in game (as above).

19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They should all use the in-game name. I took the names from the image files without checking them so it's my bad. I spend so little time in game these days I don't always immediately spot the differences. I'll put them right in the next update.

Thanks Eric. This is a known issue on the game side and is being worked on. A previous issue we felt was fixed is rearing it's head again. There should hopefully be some progress on this included in the next patch(es).

• Like Like x 2
  20. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that Virtual Xperience is available for the early access version, you should really add "Leaderboards" to the list of features on the Steam store page.