1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula V10 races at PRC

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Koba, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We are going to do a one-off Formula V12 race at Road America this Sunday, October 16. This race does not require sign-up, but you should join our TeamSpeak to hear instructions.

(After this race, we will take a two-week break and then we are going to have a mini league with the Formula Extreme starting on November 6, at Silverstone, Melbourne, Magny-Cours, and Barcelona.)

[​IMG]

Qualifying starts at 8:00pm UK time (12:00pm California, 3:00pm New York). The race is 60 minutes and at least one pit stop is required. One hour races are great with the F1 cars because pit strategy comes into play.

Download Road America v1.03 from RD: Tracks - Road America (3 seasons)

Do some laps on our server (Phoenixracingclub.net) and see how your lap times compare on our Live Racers page. Find the TeamSpeak link on our home page: Phoenix Racing Club.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Koba

OK we just did races at Monza and Melbourne, and I have updated the 1st post with the info for our next two races at Spa and Barcelona (2003 layout). If you like F1 and the Formula V10, come join us!

3. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Doing my best to make it on Sunday Koba. Spa in V10's, ma kinda thang!

4. Rodders

Got partial permission to attend :) - all depends on what the family day pans out like bud. I'll have no-where near the practice in I'd like but I know Spa so well and the V10's seem relatively easy to drive so hopefully can give you a race. What season are you racing on Spa?

5. Rodders

Koba, will you be using the updated version of Spa just released?

6. Koba

No, sticking to the old track for this race!

I don't think Patrick has updated the individual downloads yet, so it would be unreasonable to expect everyone to download the megapack on such short notice. I think we will wait for the individual downloads to be available before updating tracks.

7. Rodders

Cool.

The individual updates are up now too and the RWB server will be updated today.

8. Rodders

Are you running the spring, DRS Spring or DRS Autumn version of the track?

9. Koba

I think DRS Autumn.

10. Rodders

I'll not be able to race mate - on Spa my game temporarily freezes, drops to desktop then the game pops back up where I left off but it's as if I've been out the game for 4-5 seconds. My graphics driver is crashing then recovering. Tried a number of things but can't fix it. This is the only bloody track I get the problem on :(

11. Koba

I've seen other people post here about the same problem at Spa. One of our guys Jan has the exact same problem at Spa. So weird. That sucks.

12. Rodders

I'm still searching for a solution. Will let you know if I find one.

13. Koba

Here is the Simresults for the Spa race: http://simresults.net/160904-n1O

Great race! Congrats to RWB's Speeddmon91 who cruised to a win after PRC's resident alien Craig made an uncharacteristic mistake.

Two guys, Rodders and Jan, were unable to race because of that weird driver reset problem that only occurs at Spa. Maybe the new version of Spa has fixed it?

Looking forward to another great race at Barcelona on the classic fast layout. For those who want to join the race, please look at the first post, we are going to run on Barcelona v.1.02, not the latest version that was just posted. I have provided a direct link to v1.02 in case you have already updated your track, or if you don't have it at all.

14. Rodders

I'll not be able to make this one guys. Too many race commitments as it is for family harmony :)

Will get along every few weeks or so hopefully. Hope it's a good one.

15. Rodders

How'd the race go?

Many of our dudes are struggling to make it on a Sunday after our Saturday league race but we'll keep doing our best.

16. Koba

I updated the first post with the info and links for our upcoming races.

We are racing on Sunday Sept 18 at Nürburgring and on Sunday Sept. 25 at Magny-Cours.

If you are interested in driving the fantastic Formula V10, come join us!

17. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Can happily announce that my connection problems are solved, will try to enter the race today, but please excuse my bad driving skills, have almost no experience in this car.

Cheers RWB Audi

18. Koba

I updated the first post with info for our next two races coming up the next two Sundays.

We are racing the Formula V10 on Sunday Oct. 2 at Suzuka (called Kansai in AMS), and on Sunday Oct. 9 at Interlagos. These are all native in-game assets so no downloads are required. See the first post for all the info.

19. Koba

Our last two Formula V10 races had good grids, 13 at Suzuka and 14 at Interlagos. Here are the Simresults:

Suzuka: http://simresults.net/161002-y3I
    Interlagos: http://simresults.net/161009-cP3

This Sunday October 16 we are going to do a one-off race in the mid-90s era Formula V12 at Road America (see the first post above for details). Think of it as a vintage race. In fact, here is a 1998 Benetton racing at the Road America Vintage Festival:

[​IMG]

After this race, we will take a two-week break and then we are going to have a mini league with the Formula Extreme starting on Sunday November 6, at Silverstone, Melbourne, Magny-Cours, and Barcelona.

20. Koba

Fantastic turnout at Road America! Good attendance from the PRC and RWB clubs. We had 17 on the grid, and 14 finishers. And the Formula V12 is another great Reiza car to race.

Simresults: http://simresults.net/161016-lZ9

I'll post the announcement soon for the upcoming Formula Extreme mini-league coming up.