1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fps drop on pressing 5 ! :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mad maxx, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't undertand why while i'm driving on any track i got 70/80 fps , but if i press 5 to see track map and fuel/tires status i drop down to 30/35 fps and AMS become unplayable. The sound too go stuttering till i press 5 again to get only rev displayed or better nothing at all, so I got 70/80 fps again.

Same thing when i choose vehicle livrary, sound stutter while car is turning showing itself.

Just like any super impose to main image is too heavy !!

I know my rig is old, q6600 with a 550ti and w7 pro, but all this started when two month ago i rebuilded my rig and re installed w7 and anyway the 70/80 fps while driving (offline and alone of course) is a good performance for me.

Any suggestion ??? Got similar troubles in AC and RR3 too......

Drivers video last released and all OS patches installed.

Thank a lot
    Mexxxx :mad:

2. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry Mad maxx, I donĀ“t really understand much about pc's hardware and software, but I can tell you that sometimes updating the drivers can create those type of things, I for example dont use the last drivers for my video card, because I lost performance while playing ams.

3. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OK, Thank you. I'll try older ones but low hopes.....
    going to buy a i7 6700k finally !!!

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

i too get a pretty significant fps hit by using the hud ,but the beta version seems to cope alot better than the retain ,for some reason?