Missing Pit strategies presets.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Le_Poilu, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi folks,

Wouldn't be nice to have something to have some pit strategy presets ?

I still don't really get how the pit menu work.
    Yesterday, had a race with mandatory pit stop and 2 strategies possibles: only refuel or refuel and changes tires.
    Before the race I configured my pit menu with the amount of fuel I calculated I'll need to had, and no tire changes.
    But while in the race when I did my pit stop, if the refueling was right, I didn't check the tires change parameter. (thinking it was ok becasue I preset it). it end'up changing my tires while I didn't want to.
    So it keeps the refueling parameter but not the tire change one, while the tire pressure was also the one I changed during practice.

At least it would be great to have the pit menu not forcing tire change if it wasn't set-up last time.

Also: is there a way to set the time/lap the pit request is trigger when we configure 1 stop in the car setup ?
    It seems to trigger it automatically at mid-race. I don't find a way to set it to trigger at the lap number I expect it to be the best moment.

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, it works that way: it keeps your fuel preset but always change tires… You have to change it on the fly before entering the pits! Same with damage: it repairs your car even if damage is set to low in the server; you have to switch it off before entering the pits but it is hidden at the bottom, really easy to miss.
    I do like a lot your ideas, that would be nice improvements, both offline and online!

3. Paul_73

Paul_73 Member AMS2 Club Member

One other tip is to remember that offline you can pause the game and still make changes to the pit display in the lower right. Then you'll have time to consider how you want the pit stop to go.

You can also make changes to the pit display while sitting on the grid before the start light goes green.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1