All of the sudden throttle stops working on some downshifts.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Synthbent715, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Synthbent715

Synthbent715 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, I think the last time I played AMS was right after the ARC Camaro content update, and I was having a blast with that. last night I fired it back up to show a friend of mine how fun the rally-x cars were and something really strange kept happening. Every time I down shift mid corner, and hit the throttle...nothing happens. It acts as if I don't even have my foot on the gas, it seems to only happen in 3rd or 2nd gear, and does strange things like if I'm braking in 4th, turn the wheel, and downshift to third to get the back wheels spinning, it just doesn't even recognize me stomping the gas, then I might pop it down to 2nd from there and it recognizes it again. Same thing going into 2nd happens, except I have to bump it down to 1st. I don't think this is the engine protection, as that usually stops you from shifting into the gear at all. I'm using Fanatec CSR Elite pedals, and everything seems to work just fine on the Fanatec property page, plus I have no issues with my other sims. Anybody have any clue what's going on?

EDIT: Also, yes I have turned on the pedal bars in game to make sure it actually sees my throttle being pressed, and it does. I am assuming this is some new setting in the game that I need to find and turn off?

Thanks.

2. Synthbent715

Synthbent715 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just for the future in case someone has this same issue, though it is a rare one. It seems the USB port that my DSD button box was plugged into halfway died, it would still power the light on the button, but it would not recognize it as a device anymore. That seemed to have re-mapped some of my buttons in game and it seems that my downshift paddle was also functioning as my ignition and cutting the engine off... very strange, but I plugged the DSD into another port, and reloaded my controller profile and all works fine now.

• Like Like x 1