AMS - Custom Season Tool feedback & reports

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, May 26, 2017.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Some extra info would be most useful to try diagnose where it may be wrong. For instance:

1- What OS and antivirus are you running?

2- Are there any mods installed? It should work with mods fine, but if some mod is using bad syntax that could possibly trigger errors.

Also would suggest try running directly from the install folder (\AMS\SeasonTool), as opposed from the Steam launch option - see if that works any differently.

2. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

Desktop 05.27.2017 - 11.02.28.01.png Desktop 05.30.2017 - 21.51.55.01.png hey guys, Renato said to post the problems i have here.
    if i try to open the season tool, it tries to scan the game data it gives multiple errors all coming from the season tool folder, will post the pictue again under this post.

like Dave said in the 1.4 update thread, i looked in my antivirus and found nothing regarding my antivrus maybe blocking the season tool. out of curiosity i still disabled the antivirus and firewall, deleted the season tool folder and did a integrity check. just in case somtehing was deleted. when that was done, i rebooted my whole pc. started up steam and the season tool and again the same errors.

here also the info that was requested by Renato:

-windows 7
    -norton security
    -mods installed:
    Cart extreme, urd corvette mod, urd dtm mod + skin pack, fv10, v12, classic and retro skinpacks, EEC GT3, EEC LMS, a few mods from SCE like the enduracers mod. and the indycar 2012 mod.
    - i have also tried to start the tool up directly from the directory, the same issues.
    tracks:
    track pack from patrick giranthon, and some other tracks from racedepartment and xtremefactor.

i personally think the errors have nothing to do with mods. firstly because none of the errors direct towards a mod or even stock content. all are from the season tool folder and the files inside this folder. secondly ther are others with mods and even a heavy modified instll and all works fine. so i personally think we should look more towards some problem in the season tool than mod related stuff. and i also dont think it is my AV. as i acnt find anything that can hold it back, and already have the complete AMS folder as a exception for firewall and AV things. hope you guys can do something with my information.

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well it's complaining about a tga image, which is most likely something strange in a mod at first glance, trying to load the series icon or a track mini image.

Not that other things should be ruled out, but if others post which mods they have installed then that may narrow it down. You could also try removing the SRS mod files one by one and see if it loads...

4. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

hmm, if that is the case, how can i see, what it can be?

5. Alex Sawczuk

Sorry, I edited in a little more detail. Also has anyone had that error on a vanilla install?

6. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

thanks for the edit, i will try that. so first the srs and also the tga? and maybe later track mods, when it comes to mini images?

7. Alex Sawczuk

The tga file won't be loaded if the SRS file isn't present.

Tracks would be the logical thing to try afterwards.

8. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

okay, i will go ahead and do that. if i know something i will report back. hope this fixes it. or atleast pinpoints it.

9. Lazarou

Lazarou New Member AMS2 Club Member

Same issue for me

[​IMG]

Mods listed
    [​IMG]

@Rudolph523 do have any of the mods I have listed? I may need to delete them one by one.

10. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

i have the ASR 91 and 1975 mod.

11. Lazarou

[​IMG]

It was that one for me it is working now. Thanks @Alex Sawczuk

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alex Sawczuk

If you could attach the offending files here and then @Dave Stephenson can take a look

13. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

i can confirm this. all srs files i deleted didnt do anything, saw your response and immediatly deleted the files from this skinpack. and suddenly the tool worked. even cross checked by putting all deleted files back except for the files that you found. and the tool still worked. so it indeed was the 1975 skinpack for the f retro.

my question now becomes, how can we get the files to work with the tool? or do we need to wait until the maker from this skinpack comes with an update?

14. Lazarou

@Alex Sawczuk it wont let me upload them via the upload file option but they are available here if they need looking at.
    MEGA

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

thanks to Alex for pointing me towards the series files, and thanks lazarou for finding wich files it were.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hoss2852

hoss2852 New Member

Fantastic your tip about the F1975 series file fixed it for me to much appreciated

17. MadCowRacing

MadCowRacing New Member

So most things seem to be working well, except for this... when I use a value over 999, the drivers with 1,000+ get ranked as if the game is reading it as 1.000.
    RIP my 1.5 hour boxer race at Spa :(

[​IMG]

It other news, my dream would be for every single possible customization offered in the season files to be offered in the season editor :) But I assume it will only get more in-depth from here.

And finally.... I think if you have "caution laps don't count" enabled, it should also stop the clock during yellows in timed races

18. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I have the same errors as Rudolph. So for what I read it...is the Formula Retro 75 skin pack? If so, I will wait for a solution, probably from the modder. Im not willing to uninstall it just yet. :)

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  19. Lazarou

[​IMG]
    You can just cut and paste those files into a another folder for the time being that's all I have done. You don't need to delete any skins or any other files to enable the custom season tool to work.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rebellion

Rebellion Member AMS2 Club Member

So now I have set myself and the error searched. It is not at the .srs file but clearly at the associated .tga file. If you are not sure which graphic file of an addon mod does not fit, open one by one in a graphics program of your choice and save it again in TGA format.

To the developers:
    Maybe you can change the query so that the custom season tool uses the same rule as in Automobilista to display the graphics. If the tga file does not fit, using a placeholder.
    Just a suggestion.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1