AMS net code update?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Kevin Cox, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will the net code for AMS be updated anytime soon? I ask as the max data rate you can set on a dedi server is 8042 kbps. I'm sure if this was allowed to be more then the quality of multiplayer racing will be better?

Also is it possible to update the net code to allow other players to see what tyres other drivers are using. For example with the Formula Extreme every other players shows as the yellow walled tyres. It would be nice to see what compound they have on in multiplayer races.

Thanks. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good question Kevin. I seem to recall a setting in one of the dedi server config files where it looked like you could put it up but I've not experimented with it to see if you actually can go over the 8042 max.

3. Avelino Neto

Avelino Neto Member AMS2 Club Member

Any news about the tyres compounds?

• Like Like x 2
  4. patREY

patREY New Member

Hello! Have you fixed the tire bug sounds in the opponents multiplayer driver view?

5. Kevin Cox

I have already reported this here. Hope it gets fixed in next update.:)

6. Rodders

Kev - I was doing a bit of analysis on our AMS server last night and found that with 5 people on the server the average upload bandwidth used was only 40Kb/sec (320Kbit). So it looks like you need roughly 1Mbit for every 15 players which I'd say means the current 8042Kbit/sec max the server can be set to is good for about 120 players :p

Even if you take into account spikes it's unlikely anyone will run into issues unless they are trying to run a race with over 50 people at one time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kevin Cox

Good to know @Rodders .

However if we want to see different tyre compounds from other players for example then more data will need to be sent from players to server which will then need more bandwidth.

I have also noticed with the current net code with a full server that if you watch a replay of the race after and view cars that are not near you when you were racing the cars look as if they are warping. Again this is due to limited bandwidth and you only get to see the cars close to you not warping. This can be a problem if admins are asked to review incidents on track and those cars are not near yours when viewing the replay. Also I have watched some live broadcasts and sometimes you see cars in the distance warping or disappearing due to this.

8. Rodders

Yeah good points Kev. I'd noticed that replay glitching but never considered that was why it happened. Given bandwidths available now even doubling what is used wouldn't cause many issues I'd think and a lot could be done with that extra bandwidth.

I'm starting to delve into the dedi server config settings more so I'll take a wee look if there is anything that could be changed to reduce the warping issue as there is certainly bandwidth to play with in the max available and what's actually used.

Also have you tried pulling the replays from the server rather than your client? They might be more complete and avoid the warping?

9. Rodders

Had a look at the server multiplayer.ini and plr files but couldn't see anything obvious relating to minimising the warping.

I did however check a client and server version of the same race replay files and for a race with a replay file of 20Mb on the server it's only 18Mb on the client so it's captured something extra.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Novotny

Novotny New Member

Guys any updates on this? I'm trying to set up a UK server looking to host 24 cars. I'm not sure how much bandwidth to allocate, though I've noted Rodder's comment.

Any advice much appreciated.

11. Kevin Cox

For now I would just max it out at 8042kbps which should be fine.

12. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The game only supports 34 drivers maximum, and that varies based on series. The dedicated server code is more than able to handle that.

13. Paolo Taddeolini

Paolo Taddeolini New Member AMS2 Club Member

Any news about this important feature to see in multiplayer and multichoice tires races, please?
    Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paolo Taddeolini

Paolo Taddeolini New Member AMS2 Club Member

Could someone of the development group give me a answer, please?
    We love AMS and we use it in every 2017 league champs, past and future, but we would like to know if this tires feature will correctly work in the nearly future (in the old rF there was the RFE tool to do this...)
    Thanks in advance, and again