Assign 'Shift Down' and 'Shift Up' to two inputs

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by danibasauri, Feb 10, 2017.

1. danibasauri

danibasauri New Member AMS2 Club Member

For some cars I shift using the paddles of the wheel and for others using a sequential shifter. Whenever I switch from one car to other I have to manually change these inputs.

I know it is not a lot of work, but maybe there is a workaround in order the leave both inputs stored.

Bonus related question: Is there any way to know what kind of shifter (with paddles or sequential shifter) uses each car? I would like to drive each car the same way as I would in real life.

Sorry for my english, I hope that you understand both of the questions
    Thanks!

2. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Not perfect, but you can make two different config files for controls, ea mywheelpaddles and mywheelsq. Easy to just load up the controller config you want based on what car you are driving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

nah thats an easy one.
    download a small free program called JoytoKey JoyToKey - Download
    this will let you assign both shifters to say the up key and the down key (or any 2 keys of your choice).
    Then ingame you just assign the gearup and geardown to those keys and your done.
    It works for all games then.

so i go into joytokey and it gives you both shifters as joysticks ( see pictures) one is my paddles and one is my sequential.
    i assign both joysticks to the uparrow and down arrow for shifts.
    Then in any racing game i make gearup the uparrow and geardown the down arrow.
    At all times i can use either paddles or sequential

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. museumsteve

museumsteve New Member AMS2 Club Member

I was just searching google for this issue and your solution sounds great. I have a CSW, CSS, with a DSD shifter arriving this week and I want to be able to keep an H shifter, paddles on the CSW and seq without swapping anything.
    Thanks mate :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

I use joytokey too. But still I would like to have a in game setting for this.
    It would be better if the game can tell the difference of peddal and sticker if you have assigned both of them, and use the proper one for selected car (as well as H-shifter). If you have only one type of hardware then just assign that one and it could be use for all cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. in6eTights

in6eTights Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like it too. Planetside 2 for example lets you assign 5 keys to the same function.

I actually use autohotkey, so the code is something like this using 'w'.

2joy17::
    send, {w down}
    sleep, 100
    send, {w up}
    return