Automobilista EA v0.8.9r RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Build v0.8.9r Changelog:
    • Added new controller / FFB recovery mechanism in attempt to rectify occasional loss of functionality in between sessions
    • Added extra information & reprofiled dashboard displays to better represent real counterparts (for Lancer Cup, Marcas, F-Extreme, Metalmoro MR18 - remaining cars to be updated in the following update)
    • Repainted skins for several fictional series
    • Goiania: Updated AI
    • Marcas: Updated external sounds

• Like Like x 12
  2. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

Now this I love! Also new skins are top notch :)

Great new update, thanks, guys! :hurrayreiza:

3. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a fan of the F-Extreme rework, but the others are excellent especially the Lancer. Also I'd like to congratulate the MR18 on having the most colourful dash in sim racing.

20160412114653_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

Congratulations for the steam come back and for this update :)

I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but have you improved the downshifting protection as it was really agressive on many cars i tried on 0.871r ?

5. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

F-Extreme's dash is good but has an issue. The new info is great but the font is hard to read and looks like its been squished in some way. Doesn't feel very functional for people with wider FOV. I've been wanting them to update that readout for a while ever since the lap number counter was stuck at single digits. Its progress overall.

Also the F-Extreme feels a lot less stiff than before and more like it was in SCE. Brakes also feel much better but could be higher overall grip as well, dunno possibly placebo.

@Renato Simioni did you guys do anything to the flatspotting? Feels like with the F-Extreme's tires (haven't tested elsewhere) that its impossible to make them undrivable from vibrations even if I'm spending a lap flatspotting on purpose. At no point could I feel like I couldn't stay out if I had to. I feel like it might have been much more severe in previous versions.

Final note. Kinda prefer some of the new liveries. A few of them have catchy colours.

6. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't say so, have you seen the Toyota TS040 in pCARS? It has a KERS bar that changes color from green to red when you activate it, plus some other pretty colors for water&oil temp, lap times etc. :p
    Nice update, can't wait for the full release : 3

7. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to see that the AMS skins had to be changed - I actually liked them a good deal - but fantastic job on the new skins guys!

8. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So any news on new content guys. Im desperately waiting for the boxer?!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.