1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista v1.0 is RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey Member

Hi @Renato Simioni, for some reason I'm getting a Disk Read Error in steam as the download for 1.0 finishes.

Not sure why :(

Edit: Disregard, I'm an idiot :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member

You're using the Dedicated Tool, right?
    Because i don't have the new Options as well!

But when i open the Dedicated exe from my game installation, these settings shows up!
    So it seems to be an update thing with the Dedicated Tool!

3. Tony Bew

Tony Bew New Member

One Question please. I now have Automobilista AND Automobilista Beta in my Steam Library. Updates are coming through on both at the moment. I have been playing Beta for a while now. I haven't played the non-beta one for ages. Do I have to update both or which one should I be launching and updating and playing and should I delete the one I don't launch. I am confused

4. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo League Organizer: onlinesimracing.net

The beta version is meant to test and give feedback to the developers in the Reiza51 section of this forum. If you arent doing that and just want to race for fun then you should delete the beta and play the public release. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tony Bew

Tony Bew New Member

I did purchase Reiza Membership ALL-INCLUSIVE Package - UPGRADE in June 2016. I haven't really had any need to give feedback other than positive comment. I understand the purchase entitled me to all future DLC as well as access to the Beta. Is it still advisable for me to delete the Beta? will I still qualify for the DLCs

6. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member

The Beta build is the testing environment. It's a separate, non-public install where you get to try/test wip content and new updates before they go public.

This should probably answer your question :
    AMS and AMS Beta

7. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo

Don't delete the Automobilista Beta from your library, simply uninstall it if you don't use it. You can always set your Steam library to filter only installed games if the extra entry really bothers you that much.

8. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo

The Steam store page doesn't correctly show the season pass as "owned" even though I purchased the full DLC membership pack through this site. I'm not sure if it's possible to tie ownership of the Season Pass SKU to the automatic DLC entitlement from the purchase here, but just a FYI for people who already bought the full membership here, there's no need to buy the Season Pass.

9. Tony Bew

Tony Bew New Member

Thanks guys .... I will just keep both. :)

10. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo

Jan, are you saying that it correctly shows this as "owned" in your library? The entry has been there in the Steam Store all day, but it doesn't say that I own it.

12. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member

Sorry, need to go pick up a PSC(paysafecard) first and fill up my steam wallet, hehe. :)
    Will report later.

13. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo

No no no.
    My point is, if you already have access to Reiza 51 and the AMS Beta, you *should not* purchase the Season Pass because you already have access to the DLC.
    If you buy the Season Pass, you'll just be throwing away money.
    The only people who should buy the Season Pass are those who *do not* have the AMS Beta and *have not* purchased the full Reiza membership through Reiza's site here.
    For example, I have the full membership, access to Reiza 51, and the AMS Beta in my Steam library. I *do not* need to purchase the Season Pass, however, Steam still incorrectly gives me the option to buy it. I already own all of the DLC so it *should not* allow me to buy it. Instead, the Season Pass should be greyed-out and say "owned" next to it, but it does not even though I already own this content.
    This is a bug in the way the Store page is set up.

I repeat, if you have AMS Beta already, *DO NOT* purchase the Season Pass.

14. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member

So could we assume there's a development update coming in the next few days now 1.0 is out?

15. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member

Yeah, i understand what you're saying. I only own the base game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo

oh, ok, I thought you already had the beta since you answered the question about the beta earlier in the thread. lol. sorry. I was just trying to be helpful. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo

Maybe give them until the end of the month to update the development roadmap, the guys at Reiza need to sleep too. I think it's safe to assume that Reiza have cool things in the pipeline to announce, they always do. :)

18. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member

I'm sure Reiza would arrange a refund no problem, if someone happened to make an unnecessary purchase, though. They've always been understanding.
    Even Steam allows for a refund, i believe. Well done pointing out this soon, though.
    I imagine Renato/Reiza will probably need to talk to Valve about this...

19. JuergenBY

JuergenBY Active Member

Everything is working as expected. Just got an virus false warning from AVG for ams.exe.

20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Only Steam can refund their purchases, we have no control over it though they would surely refund in such scenario.

You shouldn´t be able to buy the DLC Season Pass if you already own the Beta though, as it´s included in that package (meaning you already own it).