Bug with laptimes & bug with spotter mentioning position on grid

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Wexodius, May 17, 2017.

1. Wexodius

Wexodius Member AMS2 Club Member

1. I noticed on several occasions that the laptimer does no start running after having past the start/finish line after my outlap. I am forced to do another extra lap and cross the start/finish line for the second time before the laptimer starts counting. This costs valuable time during qualifications.

2. The spotter will come one lap too late to announce which position you have achieved in your qualifying session. It's like you finish a quick lap on let's say lap 3, but only when crossing the start/finish line again on lap 4 he will tell you which grid position you have achieved thanks to your quick time you did on lap 3. It feels to me like the programming of the spotter announcement is 1 lap too late. It should tell me, in the example above, after crossing the start/finish line of lap 3 that I did well to achieve 1st/2nd/3rd/... place, not delay the announcement until I cross the start/finish line on lap 4.

These can both be replicated in beta & non-beta versions of Automobilista.
    I would be surprised to be the only one that has noticed these things. If you have encountered similar bugs please let Reiza know.

2. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Regarding no 1. You are exiting pits at red light, and that is causing your first lap to be voided. Try and wait until green light before entering track, and you should get a counting first hotlap.

No 2. I can't help you with, doesn't pay much attention to the spotter other than regarding other cars around me.

3. Wexodius

Wexodius Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I guess it's only fair my lap doesn't count if I passed the red light. Thanks for the explanation btw.

4. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Happy to help