Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  2. BigFootHunter

BigFootHunter New Member

gongo----------GOOD NEWS---I tried it with rfactor1, it works great. Now if you can get this software to work for SimBin based games & rf2, I'll be a HAPPY CAMPER. So if anyone asks you, it works for Non-Steam games also, just change the Launch words. Thanks for all your hard work. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Scott Beck

Scott Beck New Member

What a great program! Works perfect. Thank you.

I didn't read all the posts, but do you have this working for RF2 yet?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. drakko45

drakko45 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same problem, all volume at full (in program and in windows), and with some cars i cant listen the spotter.
    It would be possible to turn up the volume a little more in the program
    Thank you

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had to adjust the volume of the spotter (and the sim) through Window's Sound Volume mixer.

6. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reduce your game down with the volume mixer and crew chief is plenty loud enough

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

There's no way to boost the Crew Chief volume unfortunately without reworking the code to use a different sound player library. I know it's quiet and it is annoying but I just the game volume down and the overall volume up to compensate

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. sherpa25

For comparison, which particular Audio settings in AMS did you find useful and match well with the low Crewchief volume?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  9. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I have all audio sliders, except player/opponent ratio, halved from their defaults and I can hear cc very well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SupermightyZ

SupermightyZ New Member

any news about rf2 version?

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. mr_belowski

Guys....

I've got a bit of free time coming up so I'd like too add some opponent driver name recordings. I know some of you have been asking for these so if you have a crew you race with or if you want some of the AI driver names to be in the app, you can add them to this googlesheet:

Raceroom Crew Chief Names

*please* read the information columns and follow the guidelines. It's very simple so should be really straightforward.

I can't promise to add all the names and if there are names which don't meet the guidelines or I simply can't pronounce then I'll have to skip some. So no promises - I'll just do me best :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mr_belowski

Heh, the spreadsheet was read only, it's now fixed - sorry folks :)

13. Paul_73

Paul_73 Member AMS2 Club Member

Crew Chief is great! A must-have in my opinion. I have a question, though.

I don't know if it's because I run shorter races with accelerated fuel/tire consumption (33% length, 3x consumption for example), but either the pit window messages are incorrect or AMS doesn't enforce the pit window.

In either case, though, is there a way to disable the "pit window" messages?

14. William Wester

William Wester New Member AMS2 Club Member

Will Crew Chief continue to be supported? I prefer this to the built-in AMS spotter, I like the voice better in Crew Chief, the AMS spotter seems more computerized.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Paul_73

Heh... William, I literally came here just now to post the same thing.

I do appreciate Reiza adding the spotter to within the game, but the Crew Chief is still my preferred option and I really hope it continues to support Automobilista.

There are several things about it that I find are just much better: the voice acting, the increased information (opponent lap times, remaining fuel, etc.), and the "personal" messages ("that's what we're here for!", etc) make him feel more like a real person.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. sherpa25

Isn't there an option to disable the built-in spotter?

17. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

There is. I'm considering it myself, I quite like the built in, one less thing on the ol' checklist when starting up but it also felt... Well it ain't my normal crew chief is it? It felt like racing for another team. So basicly yes, chiming in to say please don't drop support Mr B/Gongo. :D

18. mr_belowski

Thanks for the feeback guys and the kind words :)

I've been a bit out-of-the-loop with regards to the built in spotter. Gongo (Dan) has been working with Reiza to implement it all as he did the AMS-to-Crew Chief interface so has good insight into how Crew Chief works and how AMS works. I've never heard the built in AMS spotter but it's nice to hear some folks still prefer my expletive-laden efforts :D

Support will continue for Crew Chief but adding extra AMS stuff is either going to require input from Dan for require me to roll my sleeves up and get stuck into the C++ AMS plugin. I think there may also be some data unavailable to the AMS plugin which limits what Crew Chief can do. Not sure if Dan is going to want to spend time re-implementing stuff in Crew Chief that he's already added to the native spotter either.

Perhaps my voice files can be made to work with the native spotter, but this would probably only be a sub-set of the sounds as I'm sure the native spotter doesn't have a bunch of potty-mouthed rants like mine does :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

Dig the built in one as I said, specially because no matter how we try, there will always be a subset of users who never hear of Crew Chief etc. and everyone benefits from the entire field having access to a spotter. But I have gone back to CC, being cussed out, or just hearing great start Chris goes a long way when it comes to immersion, and having it available in all sims sans rF2(COUGH COUGH), I have my own little head cannon racing team traveling to world racing way to many combinations to ever be any good. =)

20. Paul_73

I don't know what happens under the hood, but the opposite seems to be the case. From what I've seen (or heard!) so far, Crew Chief does more than the new spotter.

(Also, I like the sweary messages. "Don't f*** this up!" Heh...)

• Agree Agree x 3