Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

OK, that's clearly a bug - I'll look into it. We reworked the way the car classes work so I guess there's more to do there :)

2. Derek Lundie

Derek Lundie New Member AMS2 Club Member

Did a quick test at ribeirao preto because the AI lovessss to crash there and I'm pretty sure the "yellow flag in sector x" messages aren't working, had loads of local yellows accompanied by the flag in the corner in practice, qualifying and the race and didn't hear anything from the crew chief

• Like Like x 2
  3. mr_belowski

Thanks Derek, looks like I got some work to do :)

4. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

I never had "yellow in sector X" messages.
    But I do have the "yellow flag" warning message when yellow is out in the sector I currently am (but it's often behind my position.
    Integrated spotter gives me the same info at the same time.

5. mr_belowski

OK fellas, I managed to get a few minutes to inspect the data the game is sending. I've not looked at full course yellow stuff (I can't see how I can set up a session with full course yellow rules in the standard game). But I did see why the standard yellow stuff wasn't working and I think I've fixed it - here's an updated installer. I also removed the RF2-specific FCY pit open / closed workaround, so this build might also address the FCY pit open messages being a bit out of whack

Here's the installer for this test version that has these changes:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.6.0.7.msi

Feedback would be really helpful. I've got very little time to test at the moment but I'm keen to get proper fcy and yellow flag support along with other AMS fixes into the proper app

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Test outputs from version 4.6.0.7:

1 - The yellow and green flag per sector is working just fine, with only one issue: when the incident is in sector 3, spotter says "Sector 1"; when is in sector 1, spotter says "Sector 2".

2 - I received the cuttrack message in first lap of a qualifying session. It happens just once (I did 3 races this night).

3 - My personal best lap is still anounced as "Best lap of your class"

4 - Messages regarding pit window are no longer appearing anymore. Thats fixed! :)

7. Derek Lundie

Derek Lundie New Member AMS2 Club Member

^Can confirm all of the above, as well as the fact that the full course yellow/pit opening messages all seem to be working perfectly :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. mr_belowski

Thanks fellas, I'll have a poke around today with a view to putting out an update later. A couple of quick questions...

Are all the sector yellow reports 1 sector out, or are the reports for sector 3 correct? You only mentioned sectors 1 and 2 - did you use 1 and 2 as examples or are 1 and 2 wrong but 3 correct?

Are you testing single or multi class races? Obviously the app should work properly in both cases but it'll help me track it down.

The cut track warning is a bit weird, it suggests the app loses track of the fact you're on an out lap.

Thanks again for the help

• Like Like x 1
  9. mr_belowski

looking into the car class stuff, I think I'm going to have to disable it and lump all AMS cars into the same class.

The game sends only part of the vehicle name, so all I see is "Ford" or "Peugeot". This makes it impossible to tell the difference between a V8 Stockcar Peugeot and a Copa de Marcas Petrobras Peugeot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mr_belowski

Hmm... looks like the yellow sector information is usually 1 sector out (the game says it's in sector2 when it's actually in sector1), but this isn't always the case. I've subtracted a sector from the reported one so it should usually be correct. I've also remove the multi-class support :(

No idea why you're getting a spurious cut track warning, but if it doesn't sound like a deal-breaker.

Here's a new build with these fixes. It also has a bit of new functionality - the personalisations (stuff like "OK Jim, ..." before some messages) are now integrated into the app - it'll prompt your to download them, and you can choose your name from the drop-down box in the top right, which is quite cool (although changing your selected name requires and app restart).

Here's the new link - I think this is a 'release candidate' so any bad bugs in here might end up in the official release, so now would be a good time to shout about them :D

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.6.0.8.msi

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Another thing is how the spotter says your last, and we did not come here for this etc, but you are in a online pratice session with only one or two more players.. maybe setting a minimum number of opponents could help the spotter to be less annoying. But I dont know if other players share the opnion?

12. mr_belowski

Good point Paulo - I'll make that change in the next version

4.6.1.2 is now live with the AMS changes discussed in this thread and the integrated personalisations. Had some weird issues with property upgrading from the previous version of the app (it prevented any properties from being saved). Still not sure what's caused it but I quickly reworked the way these are handled and it seems OK now. Give me a yell if it misbehaves.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Paulo Gomes

Thank you Jim for the updates :) Going to do a online league race tonight, so it should be a good test to the new build. I will feedback after.

Maybe when we are last or way off the pace but is a pratice session, the spotter can say another thing, like: "we have to do something to improve the lap times". Or maybe only say that in the end of practice session. In the qualy an race I think if fits well as it is right now.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  14. mr_belowski

Had to update it again. It's been one of those weeks :(

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  15. Paulo Gomes

I guess that updating the crew chief is the easiest thing to update in pc, so not a problem!

16. mr_belowski

Maybe, but I know it's a bit disruptive to have it nagging for updates, which is why I really need to test my stuff better. In my defence, the first bug (options not saving) wasn't my fault. The second bug was very much my fault.

Anyway, I hope this version is as awesome as I was promising

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for these great updates, it really is an fantastic addon for Automobilista ! Couldn't race without it.

18. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Would it be possible to have a seperate start-option for the Automobilista Beta version ? I'm switching between both versions sometimes.

19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sorry Mr_B can we have the games listed in alphabetic order?

20. mr_belowski

Pieter - I have no plans to do this

Dave - I appreciate that the list of games is confusing as it's very long ;). But yeah, it should be sensibly sorted :)

• Informative Informative x 1