Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I seem to have a problem - I just downloaded this and installed it, and now when I click 'start' in CrewChief, I get a message
    'Crew Chief needs additional files to be installed or updated for the selected game.' Then I get a 'Browse for folder' box asking me for the AMS installation folder, but each time I navigate to it & hit ok, it then goes back to the same 'Browse for folder' dialog. I seem to be unable to get past this.

2. keith windsor

I entered the installation path manually into the CC properties section and I think it is working.

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it on to Morten who added that functionality

4. Sparten

Sparten New Member

What folder do you have AMS installed in, and is it the default foldername ?
    If its the default non steam install folder i would like to get the name of that to compare against that as well.
    I check this path to make sure that the user selects the folder where the game is actually installed.
    Come to think of it, maby i should just check for a file name that will allways be in the AMS install folder.

5. keith windsor

Maybe the problem is that I am using CC with AMSBeta, but I thought I should mention it as it
    didn't happen with previous versions (at least I don't remember manually entering the path in the past but it's possible I did & forgot about it).

I've got it installed at D:\Steam\steamapps\common\AMSBeta

6. Sparten

Sparten New Member

That was the problem but it should be fixed now and you should now be able to select folder using the folder dialog box .
    One of the new things in latest build is automatic install of the needed plugins.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mr_belowski

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. We're planning to release tonight so if there's anything else that's not right, now would be a good time to shout about it :D

8. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you please make it compatible with my real Car ? :rolleyes:
    Now I miss your voice when I'm driving and I when need to check my blind spot :D

9. mr_belowski

I'd be fun to rework the Android version to work in real races with GPS position data, and a cloud service to track opponent's positions ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sparten

Sparten New Member

If your gonna encrypt the database i'm gonna demand a backdoor!

11. millen

millen Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving the latest updates for this amazing program.

Just set up the vice recognition stuff the other day, and has made it even better. Having a lot of fun with it.

Anyway we can add in our own names to the list? Mine is not there, Brandon is close, but not the same. ;) :D

12. Zanardi

Zanardi New Member

Thanks for this great app, apart from the spotter plugin by carlo and pilfius it really was a needed update for AMS!

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  13. vveyro

vveyro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great app.

But I've noticed it says "just a scrape" when my wheel is already off-centered. So maybe sensitivity of that could be looked into, not a big deal though

14. keith windsor

I've seen this too, I agree it's not a big deal but still worth reporting - on several occasions I have done damage that definitely needs pitting/fixing but crew chief says something like 'It'll polish out, it's ok to continue'.

15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@mr_belowski sorry mate but after last update CC stopped working, can you have a look at it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

CrewChief relies in information gathered by Dan Allongo's (@gongo) rFactorSharedMemoryMap plugin, which put all info in Windows' shared memory so CC can read it. So, seems to me that Reiza did some code changing that prevents it from get that info.
    Maybe Dan could take a look too, instead of Mr. Belowski.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Hei @gongo!
    Looks like your FactorSharedMemoryMap plugin stops working for AMS, at least in beta. Yesterday Reiza release a new beta version, and several people (including myself) noticed that CrewChief stops working, it does not say a word anymore.

I assume Reiza did some changes in that particular beta build (version 1.4.1b) that prevents your plugin to properly gather data to be put in shared memory.

Could you please take a look at it?

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactely so and i tryed the release version wich is 1.4.05r, its working there. So i think also its the shared memory that was changed, same thing did happen with R3E a while ago and i recall Mr B did release a patch.
    Please we need our CC back :(

19. mr_belowski

Not much I can do about this fellas. I didn't see anything in the release notes about changes to the internals / plugin infrastructure so maybe it's just a bug - it's worth reporting to Reiza, see what they come back with.

If it's intentional then I think Dan will have to take the lead on updating the plugin to make it compatible with the changes. I'll do what I can but I don't even have a build environment for it

• Like Like x 2
  20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Guys, are there any other plugins you are using with AMS? If internals model changed drastically, many things would cease to work (various dashboards etc). If that is not the case, it is either a beta bug or some minor changes to model (that can be hacked around in CC itself). Dan's work protected by a license, if changes are needed I am not sure how to go about it. But if it is solid model change, I could have a peek during next couple of weekends, granted there's updated sample by Reiza.

• Like Like x 1