Drive through after Yellow flag because go to fast to early?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by SaxOhare, Oct 1, 2016.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone explain how fast i may drive after the pace car enters the pits and we are going green.
    I did some races on fontana Every time i am the first car following the pace car i get a drive through because i go to fast to early?

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Best you can do is either hold your speed or even reduce it a little bit till you see the green flag warning

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ok, i think it's hard to keep the right speed then, because i did go i bit slower and got the warning i had to stay behind the safety car, so i accelerated got a warning i went to fast to early and then i got a drive through.
    I thought, in real life your not allowed to overtake the safety car before a certain line.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You may be passing the SC when it goes to pits then if you are getting that warning you'll have to check the SC speed in a replay (compared to the position of your car) or something like that to see if it's possible to avoid the penalty somehow.
    Unfortunately isimotor is not much flexible on this aspect, I wish Reiza had improved the FCY there are some inconsistency on it, for example if the car ahead of you need to pit right before the green flag and you accelerate to get closer to the car ahead and there is a green flag after that (like that other car didn't cross the pit line yet) it will give you a penalty, should be easy for the game to remove the penalty by itself if it just checked the other car went to pit :(
    I wish Reiza would at least disable the penalty for passing under FCY for both online and offline, and for online made the game log the orders it was giving to people so we can easily see if someone passed other cars without being told to do it

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Yea this makes doing rolling starts really nerve wracking for the pole sitter, not to mention unrealistic as far as I know. I would think that once the pace car is in the pole sitter gets to control the pace until green, so it should probably be a little generous in letting you get a few mph faster than the pace car's speed.

It would also be nice if AI cars would actually respect you as the pole sitter and not get a free lead on you if you slow a touch before green, which they never seem to get a penalty for.

So it seems the system is too generous to people for passing the pace setting pole driver, and far too harsh on the guy who should be setting the pace before the green drops.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

3 yrs later, has this ever been addressed? Was at pole, and got the 'Accelerated too early' message. Hard to maintain the required speed, so going bit too slow, AI gets a free bump to wreck you off the track.

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone pls... this been addressed? Hopefully considered too in AMS2 too?