Enjoy Automobilista with gamepad!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renoista, Apr 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MadCowRacing

MadCowRacing New Member

I use an xbox controller. It actually was much easier to get it to be appealing in this game than most modern racing simulators. All it required for me was changing steering radius to 360, keeping speed sensitivity around 20 max (off once you get acclimated), and turning all deadzones down to 10. Other than that it seems the default settings it gives for an xbox one controller is just fine.

Keep in mind though I've been doing sim racing with analog gamepads since 1995, so results may vary depending on how much of a feel you have for using one with realistic physics. But if you are savvy with the sticks then you shouldn't have much issue just by doing this. If you find it to be too twitchy you can turn steering radius down a bit further, but keep in mind that the more it is turned down - the more understeer you will have in corners that you need that extra radius.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So you are saying that you can either accelerate OR brake? So you can't tail brake or throttle blip on the way down?

3. Renoista

Renoista Member

It works with ds4
    PS4 controller setup for Automobilista

4. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok thanks. But with the Xbox wireless steering wheel - there is no way of fixing the axis?