Has anyone managed to get driver swapping working?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Owen Morgan, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Owen Morgan

Owen Morgan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Myself and my teammate are planning on entering a GT3 league where we can share a car. Earlier, we practiced the swaps by following the guides for rFactor, but there wasn't a "driver" option in the pit menu. Anyone have any clue what the problem could be?

To clarify, here's the procedure we're doing:

1) Driver 1 joins and drives away
    2) Driver 2 joins the server as a spectator
    3) Driver 2 becomes Driver 1's passenger and clicks the race button
    4) Driver 1 requests a pit, but there is no option to change

Have we missed something?

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We already did an Endurance Race (2 hours and 30 minutes) with driver swapping and it worked just fine.

I need to open the game to remember exactly the button, but after Driver 2 joins as spec, he needs to click on the driver 1 name on the list and then press the button to become its passenger.
    When this happens, driver 1 Will receive a message on the Chat box and after that, driver 1 can select driver 2 on the pit Window (press the pit button, on the Black box it will appear Driver name, navigate to it and change it to the other driver).
    This was the procedure if im not forgetting anything.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Check if driver swap is allowed in the server files (forgot which one now if multiplayer or plr)

4. osap

osap New Member

Hello Eric,
    1. I just define key for send SWAP DRIVER request on keyboard (DRIVER1 and DRIVER2 same key)
    2. DRIVER1 an DRIVER2 have same DYNamic HUD display with overall info for race (tyre fuel timing position)
    3. DRIVER2 on cockpit car of DRIVER1 send request to SWAP
    4. DRIVER1 make on HUD display issue name DRIVER2 ane he change it
    5. DRIVER1 make a pit box and the car restart with DIVER2
    6. WORKS FINE, BUT
    7. The HUD display of DRIVER2 completly disappear and he has anything info of status car... (tyre fuel timing position)
    8. DRIVER2 press some key like 5 but hud is too much minimalist...
    9. How cans DRIVER2 make at least HUD with tyre fuel timing position, how can be able to see HUD display?
    Mani thank for answers.
    Gio Osap

5. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As will said did you check server .plr files to see if driver swaps are enabled

6. Erick Goldner

From his response, he managed to get it working.
    But the infos from Dynhud does not work when the driver changes !

I believe this may be or a limitation from the game or the way the info is passed to the spectator.
    The same thing happens with GID (global info display). As soon as you became a passanger most widgets and infos stop working.
    Dunno if anything can be done about it.

7. Will Mazeo

Nope, this is a plugin limitation. GID actually works as it should, once you take control of your car the whole thing loads your config.
    There is a thread about this in rF2 forums since many plugins are not made to survive driver swap there too. Dynhud being official should have been fixed already

8. Erick Goldner

I understood it wrong.
    I thought he was complaining that the driver who gets swapped by (the one who becomes the passanger) didn`t have any info anymore.
    Indeed GID works just fine when you take control of the car.

9. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Erick - we were going to run a dual driver event recently but dropped the dual driver part as when testing we were getting some odd bugs that we couldn't reliably eliminate.

The show stopper was many people saying the cars just didn't feel right after a driver swap and one specific problem was the brakes severally over-heating to the point they would always fade under heavy braking. The solution for some was to make sure both drivers had exactly the same settings file for the car in their settings folder but it didn't work for everyone, including me.

Might have been the cars we were using (The EEC LMS mod GTE cars) but any advice you can provide would be much appreciated as I'd love to run a dual driver event.

Cheers.

10. Will Mazeo

In EEC we allow driver swap in our GT/LMS league and nobody had this problem. Check your server config about setup transfer and make sure people are loading the setups before driiving