Hosting private games!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Ben Jones, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Ben Jones

Ben Jones New Member

hi, new to the forum! love reiza games but lately having an issue with hosting private games. in ftruck and gsc i opened up the correct ports and have been playing for over a year with a few mates. also with automobilista using the same ports open but i dont show in the lobby unlike ftruck and gsc, wasn't a problem as i gave them my external ip to join and they joined without fail. since doing the latest update on steam for the games i now dont show at all on automobilista with my ip and still show on ftruck and gsc but mates get timed out and cant join! have they now changed the way you can host? never done dedicated server as the private hosting as always worked. i'll include a screen shot of open ports and also raceroom is on there.
    ports.png

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS actually uses more ports:

34747 TCP
    34597 UDP
    34697 UDP
    8766 UDP
    27016 UDP

Only saw the first 2 on your screen. Maybe it's because of that?

3. Ben Jones

Ben Jones New Member

thanks but no joy on mates joining on ams. ports are opened as udp..anymore info why this would now not work when played like this for ages before?
    ports 2.png

4. Ben Jones

Ben Jones New Member

think ive soted it! reset router to factory and seems to take these settings now. so its only 1 at tcp and the rest are udp. or shall i use both

5. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can open it on both (TCP and UDP).
    But each port use only what's mentioned on the manual !
    You can use cports (app) to make sure of it.