How about some flagmen and caution lights?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by MadCowRacing, May 22, 2017.

1. MadCowRacing

MadCowRacing New Member

Might seem like a small detail, but honestly I've always been a big fan of this feature - ever since I first saw it appear in GPL almost two decades ago - it just does so much to add immersion for me to see animated flags and corner workers... and now a days LED condition lights too. They also tend to be good alternative markers in addition to the brake markers (I've never been a big fan of using live maps in racing games).

So far I haven't seen any of this in Automobilista. Is there plans for it to be put in? I mean I don't think any of us really care if they look like 2017 graphics, even what GTR 2 had was fine. Hell I'd go for GPL's flagmen over nothing haha even tho they were just two dimensional and all. As long as they work in replays too, and function naturally and effectively, I'm good with it. Just put them in :)

2. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i agree with you MadCow, this is a little detail but it adds to immersion, on the other hand think of a small team of devs that have so much "little detail" to take care of... they are aware of this i am sure .
    we need to be patient ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is support for these lights in AMS you can see in the begining on the video on left side the light is yellow and turns green, this was a full course yellow restart, I dont remember now if they go blue or yellow for local yellow. If they do I guess you could give a marshall the light code and try to animate it, no idea how good isimotor is for 3d animations tho, seems like it's not good at all. Remember GTR2 was based on this but had their own modifications

• Like Like x 2
  4. MadCowRacing

MadCowRacing New Member

I was going to ask for animated cranes and track worker vehicles, and animated track workers picking up debris too.... but figured I'd give that a couple of years ;) sarcasm alert