"I can´t run Automobilista" - Official troubleshooting topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Firstly let's try some basic troubleshooting to solve the issue.

a) Run a Steam Integrity Check (right-click AMS in your Steam Library -> Properties -> Local files -> Run Integrity Check

b) Some times some other software causes issues, such as Open Broadcasting Studio and MSI Afterburner. Ensure they are not running at all to see if they cause some issue.

c) If you are a brazilian user and have Banco Do Brasil internet banking plugin running, try disabling it while you run the game

d) Try removing your Automobilista folder in My Docs, then re-run AMS Config & create a fresh player profile

e) Make sure no mods are interfering with the game functionality by doing a fresh install (even though older mods may have worked with previous versions of the game they may have become incompatible with recent updates)

f) Check if your antivirus program isnt interfering or blocking AMS from starting (Norton, Avira are known to cause some issues). Ensure you set an exception for your game folder.

g) Run the game in Admin mode (right-click the shortcut and select "run as admin")

h) Disable DynHUD (from AMS Config app) and delete d3d9.dll from your root AMS folder

i) Lower your Audio PostFX configuration in-game to LOW

Please post terminal problems ONLY, that is problems that prevent you from playing the game.

Please provide with your report:

• What you have tried (car/track combos etc)
    • What you have not tried.
    • Your PC Specification
    • All relevant settings. (Graphics/Game etc)
    • Note if you have mods installed and if the problem relates to them.
    • All logs as detailed below.

Providing Logs

All of these logs can be found from the root of the game directory.

• Run the game using the '-trace=2' command option through steam. This will produce a log in UserData\Log\trace.tx
    • log.log
    • The log file in Plugins\DynHUD\log that related to your test. (check date stamps)
    If you have a problem running the game, please collect and provide these logs so we can try identify it.

For bug reporting (that is, non-terminal problems you find with the game), please use the bug reporting thread.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Everything was fine the first day, but than your update was installed i guess and it hangs up after full progress bar before the track should load up. Seems like an old rFactor-problem by the way and rF2 hangs up on the same spot now. WTF?

GFX 770 with 4k Samsung display running 1080p. Tried old graphics driver, different Nvidia control settings, fresh installation, all kinds of graphics settings, but all with the same outcome.

Attached Files:

3. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same problem. After updating right now,I could only go up to the pic below and nothing. I did notice that there was kind of lag somewhere, those yellow pirelli flags were moving in slow motion. Just deleted content and re-installing everything. Btw, the beta works fine its only the AMS early access. 20160310005733_1.jpg
    i7 4790k, 4.0 / gtx 970 / 8gb ram

4. mkel1966

Sorry but no"edit" button. After deleting content file from steam and all folders relating to AMS on my pc and doing fresh install it's working again. The only thing is, the graphic settings that was working good for me before is not anymore. Need to do some test adjustments again.

5. Leynad

I tried already a full reinstall with trashing the folder before installation. Today i tried a tool which deleted the full graphics driver to get a fresh installation without any success. But the game hangs up already just before showing this screen and this blue courser-circle (Quicktime?) appears after a while.

6. mkel1966

What's your gpu driver version? I read on RD the current one doesn't work with a lot of games so they all reverted to 362.xxx which is what I'm using. I even got my preffered settings back.

7. Leynad

Problem solved:D
    I somehow tried the recovery one more time and recognized, i forgot to click on the checkbox for showing up older backups. And there it was: the recovery file from the 2nd of march made before the Windows update. So it seems that Microsoft caused this problem:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  8. luis

luis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Since I got the beta, I can't play the game. First I forgot to delete the files of SCE beta, so I completely deleted the folder and reinstalled the game (fresh installation). But then the game crashes after the loading screen after selecting a car and a track. The same happens with non-beta AMS. Sometimes it crashes before the Reiza logo, and then I try again and it lets me enter the game, but it crashes after the loading screen.

And I don't know why, but last night I tried to launch AMS beta to see if the new update solved the problem and the game worked (I could drive the cars), but I tried it again today and it keeps crashing after the loading screen.

I remember seeing in the RD forums that there was a problem with MSI Afterburner, and that the Custom Direct3D Support option had to be disabled. But I've always had that option disabled for Afterburner.

I have all the drivers updated, and I haven't installed any mods.

Process-ID: 5692
    Windows version: 6.2.9200
    Using parent d3d9.dll "D:\Programas\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\d3d9_2.dll".
    Game resolution: 1x1
    Doing Handshake from D3D side...
    Successfully created a pointer to a PAGEFILE Memory Mapped File.
    Found virgin memory.
    First part of Handshake successful.
    Doing Handshake from Plugin side...
    Successfully created a pointer to a PAGEFILE Memory Mapped File.
    Found first part of handshake. Doing second part...
    Second part of Handshake successful. Handshake complete.
    Starting up DynHUD Plugin (D3D part)...
    Handshake wasn't successful, even if it stated, is was.

Specs:
    AMD FX6300
    MSI R9 280X
    8GB DDR3

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And if you disable MSI Afterburner completely?

10. luis

luis New Member AMS2 Club Member

It keeps crashing after the loading screen on both games (beta and early access)

11. Alex Sawczuk

For other people, MSI Gaming App was causing the game to crash.

12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am still unable to launch several games after the latest nvidia update including Automobilista.
    Ive contacted nvidia support and they cant figure it out?
    updated bios, ran updates in ms, uninstalled/ reinstalled 10 different drivers using DDU and clean installs, checked for viruses, ran sfc/scannow with no issues, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, ran stability check on the gpu....basically out of ideas now

13. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

I have a problem. When i start Automobilista, then i click in somewhere, Automobilista just close with no message of any error, it just close. I try to validate files by steam, but still it does not work. This only ocurred after the new update. So... how do i fix it??
    I didnt try to reinstall this game, because its so big, and my internet is not so good :(

Asus G551-JM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX860m (2GB)
    Driver Version : 362.00
    Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.5~3.5GHz)
    16 GB Ram
    1 TB HD Samsung

14. Alex Sawczuk

In the first post we ask for certain details, I'm afraid, if you don't share those, it's impossible to help.

15. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If by chance you have an xbox1 controller plugged in, unplug it. I was getting black screens at launch with several games till I figured it out. There was a Microsoft update released the day after that bored something up in windows

16. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

After last update, whenever I try to start Automobilista, I get the following screen, regardless if I try to start the game or the config tool (inside or outside steam):
    upload_2016-3-20_23-27-37.png

Also, I'm using the nVidia driver version 364.51, and since Í don't use UAC, Automobilista shouldn't try to find config.ini inside my documents folder instead of the install folder under steam.
    How to avoid this?

Win10 x64, i5-3570K@4.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GTX770 4Gb vram, G25

17. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

NVM, solved. There was a nvd3dumx.dll from an older video driver inside the Automobilista folder (allowing clamp). Got a new version and everything is fine (forgot about this).

18. Vortex24

Vortex24 New Member

Game CTD when trying to load circuit (I get stuck at LOD screen)

I'm running a championship mode with the Stockcars and I've come to round 7 at Cascavel. When I continue my season and it loads the track, as soon as the bar is full, it CTD. I can run the cars&track combo in a single race session just fine, I just can't continue with the season. I started it before the recent update and it has worked fine after (I moved my files across to the new location to continue).

Specs:
    Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
    Intel Core i5 760
    12GB Ram
    AMD Radeon R7 200

Running the Game with most graphic settings at full.

Log file attached.

If you need me to provide more info/details, let me know

Thanks

Andy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

I`m running the latest EA version and I'm experiencing one of those "crash to desktop, no explanation given" crashes. The game simply closes after a few seconds. Sometimes I can reach a menu, sometimes not even that much.This has happened to me intermittently since GSC days, but usually restarting windows would get it back working (interestingly, I had the same bug on my laptop).

This time, tho, I'm just getting nothing. After installing automobilista, I was able to load a pratice session once, and never again. Even restarting won't fix it. Tried checking files too, to no avail. I've added the -trace=2 command line to steam and tried several times, but I have no \Log directory inside my UserData (the only folder inside is \Controllers)

So, yea, I´m locked out of the game atm.

By the way I'm on an i7 4770k, 16gb ram, nvidia gtx970, win8.1 64bit.

20. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Takfar are you running as an administrator? Are you using any mods or did you copied any previous player settings to your profile folder?