1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live for speed updateKL for Rift sdk 1.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkn87, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkn87

jkn87 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, it is getting tiring because they explained pretty clearly what they are "waiting for": a more stable VR first. But they are also reworking their models that were not meant for VR in the first place: the new animated driver being the first manifestation… I'm pretty sure that you would be the first one to complain about poor looking interiors if they rushed a VR support. If you would have a VR system of course, not sure that this is the case yet… Can't you just understand that doing things properly takes time? AMS is not even finished in the first place! Not really the same time frame for LFS…
    Sorry for the rant but I can't understand why we have to read over and over the same childish posts?

• Like Like x 2
  3. jkn87

jkn87 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

thanks alex. no need to be agressive.
    i only have rift and i only baked Automobilista for rift support.
    i read all the comments from rennato, but anyway i still feel they should deliver what promised as we have prove that dx9 old lfs can manage it no problem.
    not having moving arms yet is not a consecuence of change in rift to dx11 i think, right? so that is not a valid argument.
    i feel i will have to buy LFS or even PCARS to be able to play something. ( i cannot afford Iracing monthly payment)

4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, sorry for my rude post.
    The moving arms are not directly linked to dx11 of course: it is much more that only the parts of interior that you could see were done with the highest quality. What was out of sight was probably less detailed, the goal being to save resources; no need to render nicely the legs and arms if you don't see them…
    That will change with VR: you will see much more of the interior of the cars. So before even implementing VR in itself, they probably need to rethink the way they were building cars… What was hidden will be easily visible now and should be as polished. There are probably many consequences we cannot think about. It is not a simple task! So they are not taking away what they promised: they have a list, it is not on top… We don't even know if VR will succeed, let's consider it, even if it seems inevitable...

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't take this as something 100% right, I did read this in ISI forums long ago so maybe I'm remembering this wrong (tried to find the post but no success):
    They said LFS has decided to put all or almost all their focus on VR to make it work. And that would be rather expensive for ISI to add it in rF2.
    So considering this I don't think Reiza is that much capable of working on it right now when other stuff in AMS is far more important at this moment (maybe if they already finished all stuff and are ready for release you could see them starting working on this)
    Personally I'd rather have them moving to their next sim as soon as AMS is released and all major bugs are fixed. No reason to spend time and money on VR for a "transition" project like AMS seems to be IMO. Better use this money and time for the future ;)
    Plus is the VR part even in the crowdfund page still?

6. in6eTights

in6eTights Member AMS2 Club Member

Come again? What makes you say that? From what i gathered, this is a long term project. Maybe a few years of updates and DLC's to come, or not?

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, next sim was scheduled for 2017 already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.