Screen freeze during Race

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by sherpa25, Jun 20, 2016.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone encounter screen freezes during a Race? I use triples (multiview) and the latest NVidia drivers 368.39 for my 980Ti / Win10, and using Simple HUD. Happens always even if I restart, 2 different races already (F3 and CART, @ Spa).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I get them and they ruin races. What happens for me is say a car is 20 meters behind me, the game will freeze for approx. 5 secs . It flashes back to desktop then back to game very quickly and when it unfreeze I am in same spot but guy who was behind is now 20 meters in front of me. Its exactly like a time warp, is this what you get? I know of 4 other guys I race with getting the same issue. I also got it 3 times in practice yesterday

It only started happening about 4 updates ago

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here, and only online. We are many people getting this online. I got only a few but I think the very first one I got was a long time ago, probably mid-april. The worst one lasted around 2 mn in my case! It was at Kansai East: the other drivers did almost 2 laps while I was stuck at the same place! Happened to the guy in front of me in a league race last night: he was 80 meters in front of me, disappeared suddenly and appeared back 10 meters in front of my hood! Scary! And not fair for him...
    Since the release of the Boxer in the EA game, I took the habit to drop down my settings before getting online… And I did not have any of these freezes, so it is probably memory related. DynHUD could be involved too, it seems people not using it are not seeing those freezes… I really hope this issue could be addressed, it ruined more than one online race! It is already difficult to get people online, it only gets worth with small frustrating issue like this…
    In the meantime I can only suggest to drop down some settings (shadows, special effects, number of visible opponents…) even if your machine handle them most of the time.

4. Tony Binelli

I tried it with dynhud turned off and it did it as well:(

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Grandad

Grandad New Member

yes im getting it as well

6. Tony Binelli

Yesterday in practice I paused for 20 seconds, in the replay my car was sitting still with the wheels spinning then all back to normal, 4 times in 1 practice session and so far only online.
    Tonight same server, same car and track and 90 minutes no freezes, I give up.
    Looks like a netcode thing. Any way for me to get logs @Renato Simioni ?

7. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had something similar last night lapping Cascavel in Time Trial mode in the Copa Montana. Game froze on the startline for 8-10 seconds, sound still playing and then started again with that time added to my laptime. Used to get this fairly frequently but that was the first time in ages for me.

This is with the release (ie. non-beta) version.

8. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I both got a freeze offline for the very first time, with all graphics on full. Then a lots of stuttering online with graphics on very low settings and a small grid (15 peoples, I already raced with 30 people without any stutter). I'm lost, not sure what is causing this and how to solve it! But that is frustrating when you finally manage to get 1 second closer to the guy in front after 10 laps and loose 6 because you get a stutter right at the beginning of braking for a corner and finish in the grass… :(

9. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had another freeze last night, in the Copa Montana at Brasilia in the time trial mode. Sim just freezes for 8-10 seconds and then continues on.

10. Tony Binelli

So that's offline then? Have not tried time trial yet.

11. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Time Trial is considered online, since it needs to retrieve the times for the leaderboard and also commit your times.

12. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

In my league only 1 person has had this problem and I think it has been rectified, although I am not sure how. Perhaps this is an Nvidia gpu driver issue? I couldn't help but notice you are all Nvidia users, I am as well but with no issues like this. My 1 driver in my league who had the issue was an Nvidia user as well. Maybe compare to see what gpu drivers you are all using?

13. Jempy

Jempy Member AMS2 Club Member

Nvidia also and freezes only online.
    But just before ... losing my USB for wireless mouse and keyboard.
    Surely 2 minutes needed to get them working again. :(

This only happens with Automobilista and only online.
    Very strange indeed.

14. sherpa25

Using the latest drivers, I removed MSI Afterburner (which I had on for all other sims for FPS,etc.) and it hasn't happened again. No problems with online too, so far. FWIW though, I notice a 3-5 second freeze when entering the pits on the lap after a race.

15. sherpa25

Spoke too soon. Freezes again for around 3-5 secs, during a race Boxer @ Spa.

FWIW, it also happened in rF2 during a test (solo practice) I did awhile ago.

16. Dann Murillo

My driver in my league continued to have problems so he switched from a GTX660i to an AMD 250x as he had tried everything we could think of but he still got the 2-5 second (online only) freezing issues. I will report back here if the screen freezes continue with the AMD card.

And for the record, I have a GTX 760 and I dont have these issues so there definitely could be more to the story than the Nvidia cards causing the problems.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  17. JU Scofield Jr

JU Scofield Jr New Member

Same here. Any solution?
    GTX 780 / W10 / i7-3770 / 16GB / SSD

18. JU Scofield Jr

JU Scofield Jr New Member

My problem was the EVGA Precision OC. I had to downclock it. No more freezes during game.

19. Dann Murillo

So downclock what exactly?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  20. Tony Binelli

I never had a single freeze until the weekend of VIR and the boxer, now its just completely erratic.
    Can race for 5 hours and not get a freeze, then I can get 4 in 5 minutes so hard to pinpoint