1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyline

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OlivierMDVY, Apr 19, 2017.

1. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, in cockpit view is there à way to modify the skyline? Make it lower or higher for instance. Thanks.

2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Adjust seat position up/down.

3. smove

smove Member AMS2 Club Member

At the moment, the only thing you can do is changing the according parameters in every car's *.CAM file. These are located under [your AMS directory]\GameData\Vehicles\... . For the BoxerCup, for instance, it's the file named "BoxerCup_Cams.cam" in the BoxerCup subfolder.

For achieving what you are looking for you have open these files in Text Edit. Then navigate to the second paragraph "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and have a look at the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000)" (numbers may vary). These three parameters can be changed as following (in that order):

1st) tilt camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values)
    2nd) swivel (=turn) right (positive values) and left (negative values)
    3rd) tilt (=nod) camera left (positive values) and right (negative values) which tilts the horizon as well

The range of these numbers is based on pi (roughly 3.14) which is equivalent to 180 degrees. So for 90 degrees it's 1.57 and so on. If you want the camera to look straight back, for example, you have to use the values 0.00000, 3.14, 0.00000.

In my case I placed a 40'' TV screen on the table directly in front of me, the same which my G27 is clamped on. I am using 0.15 as the first parameter which results in slightly looking upwards and is working quite well for me.

The problem is that with every update to any car you have to change these parameters again.