1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test League for AMS NASCAR Series. Tues 8PM Est.

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Danneskjold184, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Here's the full release (you'll need to download everything)!

Release Notes:

FMS Track Pack (plus extra versions as duplicates). FMS_Tracks v.95.zip

VHR NASCAR 2014 season (Including Camping Truck, Nationwide, and Sprint CUP series) VHR NASCAR 2014 v0.95.rar

Series Files for NASCAR. StockCarSeries.zip

PATCHES: For the VHR NASCAR Pack: VHR Nascar Patch1.zip
    For the FMS Track Pack: FMS Tracks Patch1.zip
    Redownload the Series File: StockCarSeries.zip

Patch 2 for the VHR NASCAR Pack: VHR NASCAR Patch2.zip
    Patch 2 for FMS Track Pack: FMS Tracks Patch2.zip

Installation instructions:

FMS Track Pack -> Unzip in Locations folder.

VHR Nascar file -> Go into Vehicles Folder under Gamedata if you have previously installed this VHR Car Pack and delete the VHR folder entirely. -> Unzip in AMS Folder.

Series Files -> Unzip in Series Folder.

Known Issues:

Several tracks (like Dover, Bristol and Iowa) have an incredibly high reflective factor on the pavement. Working to fix this. In the mean time, Dawn / Late Afternoon / Dusk race times make the issue less blinding.

All the FMS tracks can't be used for Night Races.

Several tracks (Myrtle Beach, Nazareth, and OReilly Raceway Park) are lacking base set ups, including track specified tires.

Several tracks (like Iowa) have broken gearing files. I've figured out a way to bypass the bug, for now. The default gearing may not be great, but it can be tuned to be good.

I've worked to start with an acceptable (not necessarily good) baseline set up. Occasionally, some tracks / cars combination have a bug with their default set up and odd stuff happens. It's adjustable in the Garage / Tuning menu, but I'd like to fix the default set up. PLEASE inform me if you find anything outrageous (like really high PSI on one tire).

AI Performance is inconsistent. Some tracks you blow 105% AI out of the water, some you can't catch a 90% AI.

Some tracks had very high "Wheel Shake" track bumpiness. I've fixed a few, but if you find some more, please tell me.

There may be bugs in the way a NASCAR race is supposed to work. If you find something that isn't how it's supposed to be, please tell me.

Future Development:

I hope to finish all files necessary for the tracks to look good in the UI.

Full default set ups for all Series, Manufacturer and Track.

Full championship series for Single Player.

AMS level skyboxes for all tracks. (After 1.0 release)

Night races for the FMS Tracks. AMS level night skyboxes for all tracks (After 1.0 release)

AI Performance is evened out.

Possible custom / historical skin options.

Last word: We're running a test series Tuesday nights at 8PM eastern to iron out the bugs before we run an official league at the same time. Expect ~3 more weeks of test races before the official league.

Old information:
    Hi!

I'll be putting together a test series for a future league in Automobilista. We'll be doing NASCAR Vehicles and Tracks.

Here are the things you need to download:

Car Pack: VHR 2014 For GSC.7z Unzip this into your AMS folder direct.

Track Pack: FMS_Tracks.zip Unzip this straight into your Locations folder.

Series Pack: StockCarSeries(2).zip Unzip this straight into your AMS/Series folder.

This will be an experiment. We likely will see bugs. But we'll get some great actual stock car racing in, and when we fix the bugs, make a full league.

-Dannes.

PATCHES:

Patch 1: StockCarSeries.zip and VHR Nascar Patch1.zip DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL BOTH.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. CarPulp Thomas

CarPulp Thomas New Member

Sounds Great, I'll see how that converts to UK time.

EDIT: According to a time converter I used that is 2PM UK time on a tuesday which rules everything out for me personally.

Any chance of it being on a weekend night or so that it suits the UK aswell?

3. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

That would be 2AM on wednesday for you, not 2PM Tuesday afternoon.

It's possible if this mod becomes popular that we can run more leagues. It's just that we run a PCars league on Saturday at 3PM Est, and will be joining another league in AMS on Sunday at 3PM Est. So it'd be tough to find a time (for now).

By the way, I'm working with another enthusiast, and we're fixing small bugs and making the cars more drivable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Patches on the first post.

5. Mocko

Mocko New Member

Nice Job Danneskjold!!!

6. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

7. Sam Smith

Sam Smith Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll have to check this out. I'll give you some feedback as soon as I can.

8. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Realized an error with the installation procedure (because of changing file names that will cause issues). Please Delete the VHR folder in the Vehicles folder, and then reinstall the car pack again.

9. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Starting to have some great times:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll have a patch out in a few days that reigns in the AI, makes it a lot more competitive, fixes set up options, and makes the starts / restarts more playable.

• Like Like x 3
  10. hotty

hotty New Member

Hi
    Must i install the Patches where are under Spoiler or are the Version 0.95 the last updated
    Thanks for your work

11. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

No, the stuff under the spoiler is just there for posterity's sake. Everything you need is on the main post.

I have a patch ready to go except for one point: Having incredible difficult enabling the ability to change fuel levels during a race session. Once I get this figured, the patch will be out minutes later.

12. CarPulp Thomas

CarPulp Thomas New Member

My mistake but looks really awesome and would love to be grabbed for an event in this if it was a more suitable time for the UK.

13. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Patches loaded to first post.

Patch Contents:
    General balancing of AI performance. This is a quick pass, not the final pass. Most tracks will likely require more individual balancing. I set my skill as 100% baseline.

Minor Series modifications to keep the AI's from bugging out on restarts (will change it back in the future).

The ability to adjust fuel levels in race sessions.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Another patch before tonight's races. Should make FFB feel a lot better according to AMS standards.

The next thing to fix will be the ultra shiny skins. But that will be a big patch sometime else this week.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Patch 2 for the FMS Track Pack up. Basically it fixes (most of) the tracks that have really bright surfaces.

I'm also having trouble doing Alpha Channels in DDS files in Gimp. I'm still trying to fix the skins from being really shiny. If you have any experience with this, PLEASE contact me.

16. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, 1 thing I did to fix this with the JNS tracks was edit the scn file like this:
    Light=Direct00
    {
    Type=Directional Color=(220, 220, 220) Dir=(0.5, -0.9, 0.5) Intensity=(0.80)
    }
    Adding the "intensity" value is a quick-fix that darkens everything up a bit and makes the tracks look way better in general. Hope this helps! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

And that fixed everything! Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

And that fixed everything! Thanks so much!

19. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

I released the JNS tracks at RD, only updating the AMS random skies and the track colors as I described above. Did you guys get any further with these FMS tracks as far as AMS standards, ie AMS shaders or dynamic track?

20. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

No, I'm learning as I go here. I'd love to bring in new skyboxes, and make night races possible, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

The biggest thing I've done to the track pack so far, is to fix some of random bumpiness encountered on several of the tracks. I didn't remove it entirely, but just driving down the track is so much less painful due to the wheel trying to not rip out of my hands.

Several of the tracks seem to cause crashes occasionally when transferring between sessions, especially when you tab out a lot. Like Phoenix. Is there a crash dump file anywhere so I can figure out what's breaking?

The other big road block I'm hitting is that the skins are way too shiny. Myself and several of my clan mates are trying to track down how to fix it, especially using the program Gimp, but can't figure it out. All the tutorials seem to gloss over this specific point when discussing making skins.