1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test League for AMS NASCAR Series. Tues 8PM Est.

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Danneskjold184, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus New Member AMS2 Club Member

Shiny skins help here
    Making Liveries Work in GIMP - Realish Racing

linked from here
    Automobilista Skinning Tutorial

I did a few Jaegermeister skins messing around and those links helped me (had the shiny skin problem as well). I used GIMP and Paint.net. I think this is the magic step:

Flattened the image, then reduced the remaining layer's opacity to about 20% (because there is not Alpha layer premade for this templates; less opacitiy = less shiny)

Looking forward to trying the mod. I generally play NR2003 for my NASCAR fix, but love Automobilista.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

Yeah, I've tried following those tutorials exactly, but to no avail.

For example, here's one of the files: DDS Trouble.rar There are dozens and dozens that I want to fix before I do another "full release." I've flattened it, lowered the opacity, exported using BC3 / DXT5, and nothing is different in the showroom.

If I open up the new file, it looks like the opacity hasn't changed at all.

3. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

I believe the alpha layer is the issue for the skins? It needs to be mostly black, not white like these are in this VHR mod. I am not a painter but I think that is the problem. When you darken up the alpha layer, it takes away the shiny. Maybe a more experienced painter can help you here.

4. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Member

But if I put on an all Black Layer Mask, the image preview shows up as black, but nothing actually changes when I load the skin.

5. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Well again I am no expert on painting but I know we had to darken the alpha layers in the CART mod from SCE to AMS due to the different shaders used in AMS.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  6. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to bump an old thread. We have run some oval events on AMS and have trouble with yellows and drivers being told to form up behind the wrong driver etc.

Did you encounter this in any of your multiplayer events.