Thrustmaster Redefines Normal

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Rodders, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wanted to share for anyone who has bought or is thinking of buying a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer.

After about 6 weeks my TS-PC Racer developed a buzzing noise which would start up about 5 or 10 mins after I started using the wheel. I bought it direct from TM so better raise a support ticket I thought.

I done so and sent them a description of the problem along with a video of the noise.

I was trying to get TM to send me a replacement wheel before I had to send mine off for repair as being without it is a huge inconvenience but the signs weren't good.

3 days and several calls and emails later while waiting to hear about whether they would send me a replacement first I got this in an email (extracted the relevant part below verbatim).

We have been informed that the type and level of noise that you are getting from the unit is normal.

This has been replicated on some of our own units used in all sorts of testing.

This noise is caused by the fan inside the unit and the level of it is within the normal limits.

This is the very video I sent them:

Noisy

Here was crazy old me thinking my PC-Racer was faulty. I'm of course much happier now that my PC Racer isn't faulty after all and that noise I can hear through noise cancelling headphones while a car engine blares through them comes as standard with TS-PC Racers.

So if you have a PC Racer don't worry folks, it's normal!! If you are thinking of buying one though you might have to wait a few weeks for this feature to appear.

PS - I asked for a refund after this. I didn't get one so I'm left with a £500 faulty wheel they won't repair.
    PPS - morale of the story is don't buy direct from Thrustmaster as their support is awful and TBH don't buy a TS-PC Racer as in their words - a loud buzzing noise coming from the base is "normal".
    PPPS - apologies if you've already read this post elsewhere - I'm spreading the news.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If anyone wants to see inside the TS-PC racer see this follow on vid HERE

The noise is from a fan inside the motor itself.