whole profile gone!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Rudolph523, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

Hey guys, i have a problem. i wanted to play AMS yesterday, but when i started up the sim, it said i needed to type my name. i was suprised as hell. so i closed the sim and looked in my documents, everything was still there. but when i started AMS up again it was still gone. when i made a new profile i also cant see the old one in the profile select screen. even my previusly saved custom seasons are gone.

a complete restart of my pc also didnt work. i figured out there are 2 things that may be causing this problem:
    1-
    i had to reinstall all my games on a new internal harddrive as one of my extrenal drives failed. and i didnt want to risk it with the one i used on my pc. as there was alot of important data on it. so i jumped to a new extra internal drive and intslled all my games there. but i was so hasty that i forgot to uninstall my games from the extrenal drive that was not in use anymore. i think it shouldnt be an issue, but you never know. i put all the mods back after install and started the game up, everything worked fine, and my profile was still there.

2-
    i have made some custom seasons and i linked the notepad program to the files so i could see how the files were made up and so i could change the vehicle filter for instance. i also thiunk this shouldnt be an issue but i dont know.

ther should be an reason this all happened, i hope someone can help me in figuring out what caused it, and hopefully getting my old profile to work again. if it isnt possible, its a shame. mostly because i have to set up everything again. wich isnt my hobby.

2. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

I know, it used to be in Steamlib/common/automobilista, but now somehow it moved to my Document/automobilista
    Just copy all userdata and customseasons folder from "steamlib" into where it should be now under "my doc", they will be back (I'm not on my PC with AMS installted now, so just look up the folder name on your own)
    But I don't know when it happen, just few day off my AMS installed PC and it changed without any warning

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017