Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I am tired of being abused by you when I do a slow lap, you make me feel so inadequate as a driver :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Man... The app just calls it as it sees it. You'd get less abuse if you tried a little harder ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I just shouted YES so loud that my poor dog got scared. She's ok now though. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That picture has the same expression as my dog - appearing to take it all in but actually falling asleep from the constant drone of race engines.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jempy

Jempy Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the addition of AC to Crew Chief, Mr_belowski .... pretty good idea and work ! ;)

Just an idea: the more Sims possible with Crew Chief ... and the longer the choice in menu becomes.
    Shouldn't it be possible to sort out the proposed games in main page in alphabetical order ?

Not that much important but friendlier to find quickly the right choice :D

NB: still no project to expand the mod to other languages ? main ones of course as .. german, french, spanish for example.
    Just needing to find the right persons to translate and record messages ( not the same person in some cases ).
    If needed, translation from english to french ...I might manage.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. mr_belowski

First world problems, eh lads? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Mathieu B

Mathieu B New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello Jempy, I have already started to translate messages and record my voice (about 60% done). But I think there will be a problem with some translations (and their pronunciation in French, ex : hours = heures), I can't see any way of getting around that ...

Do you know (approximately) when the crewchief will be integrated to the game ?

9. Jempy

Hello Mathieu,
    I don't really understand where the problem is .... for pronunciation as you're from France :D
    Please explain better what you mean with this.

I guess the translation problems are more a question of different order of words in a sentence between english and french ? .... give me examples and I'll understand easier what you exactly mean.

For your last question, no idea at all. ;)

NB: for me, no problem Crew Chief is in english .... surely not the same for most french drivers.

10. Mathieu B

In English, you say "two hours", in French "deux (z)heures" (some words in French, I didn't find the good translation for "that", sorry : le crewchief ne "fera pas la liaison" correctement)
    So yes, I am really picky ^^ but for the moment, I don't know how to get around this little defect.

I also thought about this problem.. had a headache !!!

Yes, no problem for me, but some SRE drivers would like a french version. :)

11. Jempy

Of course, I forgot our famous liaisons between words

For two, three, six, ten .... for "deux" "trois", "six", "dix", no problem for hours and seconds or even hundredths... as you might record "deuz" "troiz" ... but it doesn't work with ... minutes ! :p

We'll end this discussion here as it doesn't perfectly fit this thread :eek:, but you may always join me here by PM or on our league TS ... maybe more in 2 heads than one.
    My door is open ... you just need to " knock knock ... are you there ?";)

12. Mathieu B

Ok Jempy !!
    I will take the time to release a first version even if it's not perfect, but if something can be done to correct that (if gongo have a little idea) ... :D

13. mr_belowski

I don't know if this helps, but if you're talking about translation of my C# app (rather than a native AMS add-on) then I added a few number reading options to better support an Italian translation. These allow some control over how numbers are constructed - (e.g play 100 as "hundred" instead of "one hundred")

14. Mathieu B

Yes, it may help me ! but I don't know where I can find these options.

15. mr_belowski

In [user]/AppData/local/CrewChiefV4/sounds (or something like that) there are some option text files - one for UI text, one speech recognition text and one for sound options. These are used for localisation

16. sinarca

sinarca New Member

Hi, is it possible to pair the app with a second installation of AMS ?
    In my case I have AMS in C\AutomobilistaV0.9.6
    Thanks

17. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

No reason you cannot ;)

You only need to put the plugin in the AMS plugin folder.

18. sinarca

sinarca New Member

Acch....Thank you !
    Forgot to put rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll :oops:

19. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  20. BigFootHunter

BigFootHunter New Member

Gongo-----------Now that I finally got this Crew Chief/Spotter working in AC, RR3, pCars & Automobilista, I'm wondering if anyone knows if this will work with NON_Steam games? I was running out of room on my C drive, so this past spring, In had a 2GB internal drive installed & moved all my Race Games from C drive, (Except the Steam games), to my new E drive & also had some on an external hard drive i moved to E drive. I'd love to use this CREW CHIEF/Spotter in my ISI games. Wondering if you just change the " LAUNCH PATH" in the Properties tab, if it will work. If not, he should fix this. This is the Best Spotter sounds i heard yet. Would love to get it into my other games. I heard next year, Reiza is coming out with a totally new game with DX11? & I'll have to move Automobilista to The E drive to save room. Hope somebody knows, Thanks !!!!!