Can't get Fanatec wheels and pedals to work

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by SebG, May 31, 2018.

1. SebG

SebG New Member

Hi All,

I am new to Automobilista. Actually haven't drive yet... Because my wheel and pedals just don't work.

Is it my rig combo that is not compatible with the game or something else?

I have a message saying "couln't not find settings for Fanatec CSL Elite LC..." or something like that.

In the control settings, I see on the left side my pedals are detected on Joy1 (Fanatec CSL Elite LC). On Joy2 my CSW V2.5 wheelbase is listed. My wheel is the McLaren GT3. In the Fanatec profiler (windows settings), everythings looks fine and up-to-date (v311). Wheels and pedals work fine in Raceroom and Assetto Corsa.

I imported settings for Fanatec CSW v2 wheelbase. I can't assing any button. No matter which button or pedal I push, it assigns it to Joy2 B49.

In the left panel, the red bands are not moving according to what (I think) should be moving. When I depress the throttle, le horizontal band at the top moves from left to right. When I depress the brake, the vertical band with a speed gauge moves up and down. The vertical band with a brake symbol is always red. Turning the wheel has no effect on the bands. As I said, I am new to the game and I assume the horizontal band should move when turning the wheel left or right, and the vertical bands should move along with the pedals...

Other info, pedals are connected to PC with USB cable, not to the wheel base with the RJ cable. Clutch pedal not installed. I haven't tried with the CSL Elite P1 (round) wheel.

If you have a clue how to make things works, please let me know asap.

Thanks a lot

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

3. SebG

SebG New Member

Thank you. I guess it would have solved the problem. I looked for hours through forums and websites for such information but found nothing.
    Unfortunately, we can have the game running only two hours to get a refund from Steam and I was not interested to be stuck with a non working game. I even searched on RaceDepartment! If I have had more time, I would have been more patient.
    So I got my money back.
    Advice to developper, make such info easier to find.