1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refueling?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wilfred de Ruijter, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday I drove for the first time in championship mode. After a few laps I noticed I hadn't sufficient fuel. Two laps before the end of my fuel I pitted. I setup I needed fuel for 35 laps or so. When I left I saw the fuel wasn't put in. I only got new tyres and my car was fixed. The lap after that I pitted again, changing some settings (default and StockCar V8), but it didn't refuel.
    How should I get refueled?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah just tried myself fueled car for just beyond half race, pitted at 35 mins and fuel bar did nothing despite crew chief saying pit for fuel this lap...
    Paradoxically the repair bar filled as I was sat there but I'd hit nothing nor run over kerbs excessively that could account for this.
    Creating a bug report about it, you might wanna do likewise to raise attention to it... ohh well... hope they fix this soon..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BenH

BenH New Member

Sorry if this is a dumb Q guys, but are you using the in race menu to select fix damage, tyres, fuel to add etc?

4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Yes, I select 'Race strategy' and then I can go to 'Fix damage', 'Tyres' and 'Fuel'.

5. Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah its just not working whatever you do. Bug report time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I was driving the first race of the Championship and experienced the same issue. But the AI didn't PIT either and was driving until running out of fuel. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alice Cooper

Bearing in mind the Championship Mode has been updated and expanded, it seems odd that this issue has not been resolved. It is particularly infuriating since re fueling during pit stops in Single Race mode does work. At the very least can this problem be acknowledged as existing by the Reiza team and/or some indication as to when it will be fixed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried it with the F3 event. Refueling definitely not working

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Alice Cooper

Unfortunately it does not work with any car in any Championship mode. This is now a serious issue for those who enjoy Single player Championship mode. We are being forced to get our kicks eleswhere while we wait for this to get fixed or any news that is is going to be fixed?. Leave it too long and people might not come back. I love AMS2 but this is killing it for me and I rarely load it up now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alice Cooper

The question and request for feedback on the refueling issue has been placed politely. I really hope we are not getting into an Ian Bell situations here?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL

12. Alice Cooper

It looks like we do have an Ian Bell situation here. Are the developers unable to even acknowledge that this area of the game is broken and a fix needs to be scheduled at the very least?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure it is on the Developers to-do list somewhere.....

Other Upcoming Developments

Since we have touched on the topic of audio development, we´d like to assure again that similar efforts are also ongoing to improve every area of the game - some on the short term, others on the longer term but generally you can expect AMS2 to play, look and sound better with every monthly update, and also become a more pleasant game to use as more quality of life improvements are integrated and further customization options added so users can tune it more to their own preferences.

To give a better clue into this ongoing process, below you have the unusual preview of what our code taskboard looks like, giving you a glimpese into the various tasks we have worked on, are currently working or will come to work in the near future - there are similar boards for every development front in the game, and they are constantly expanding not only to include the developments necessary to fulfill our own plans, but also to attend the more common requests we gather in any of the ongoing feedback topics here in the forum and in other commuinties:
    todo-list.JPG
    So while can´t promise to deliver on everyone´s personal wishlist within a couple of updates, we can at least assure we´ll be giving our best shot to implementing any reasonable request we come accross towards making the game better.

Then there is the content - as you know from the last July Dev Update there is plenty of cool cars currently in the works, with a number of previously announced Classic Touring Cars to be added to the game in our next update towards the end of September - but we´ll share more from these along with a couple of unnanounced surprised as we progress trough the remaining weeks

14. SRS13Rastus

AKAIK it's now been over 4 MONTHS since we filed the initial reports yet STILL nothing has been done to fix an apparently simple flaw in the game.
    Waffling about the "to-do" list doesn't help sort out the issue which is MASSIVELY compromising the single player portion of the game does it?
    So, whilst they can add 2 new classes to the championship and yet they CANNOT fixed the refueling bug in the process....?
    I find that very, VERY hard to believe...
    It's not just 1 or 2 people this affects it's EVERYBODY!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wilfred de Ruijter

Are you sure that everybody is affected? Because since we can adjust the duration of the races in championship mode and at the moment I don't do races longer than 30 minutes. So I don't have to refuel anymore. Thinking this way the priority could be lowered.
    This issue needs to be solved, but how high is it at the priority list? Maybe it will be ranked a bit higher due to the to be added GT-cars and the long distance races involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Alice...saw your show here in Adelaide last year. Awesome. Your band is wicked.

17. SRS13Rastus

So you run races that don't require refueling yet claim this isn't an issue?
    Run the full 100% race than tell me I'm wrong........

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

might as well get rid of tyre wear and we are in the Project Cars 3 territory :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wilfred de Ruijter

No, not be able to refuel ís an issue. I'm questioning if everybody is affected by this issue. And, thus, what is the priority of this issue (according to Reiza)? Because they have to choose which issue to address with limited resources.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SRS13Rastus

So rather than check (which doesn't require you to run the whole race) you just cast doubt over the claims of those who HAVE bothered to try, not just once but repeatedly.....?

OK try running a race set your strategy to fill the tank delete all other strategies, load up with 2-3 laps worth of fuel, run till there's 2 litres of fuel left pit and THEN come in here waffling about something you HAVE actually CHECKED instead of WONDERING!

I have tested this in single race, championship and multiplayer! in single race and multiplayer the car IS refueled, in championship IT. IS. NOT. REFUELED! DAMAGE is repaired, tyres are changed FUEL IS NOT ADDED! THE FUEL BAR REMAINS RED AND FUEL WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHEN YOU ENTERED THE PITS! TEST IT YOURSELF! instead of trashing other peoples reports with doubts based on NO TESTING ON YOUR PART!

This has been pointed out REPEATEDLY by myself AND others but along you come, don't BOTHER to try it out and constantly cast doubt over our reports???? THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

Once AGAIN so this sinks in, In Championship REFUELING DOES NOTHING!
    Scheduled pit stops NO FUEL IS ADDED!
    Requested pit stops NO FUEL IS ADDED!
    Setting pit strategy in the pits NO FUEL IS ADDED!
    Setting pit strategy in race via ICM. NO FUEL IS ADDED!
    I have tried all 4 methods in single race, multiplayer and championship.

FOR PITY'S SAKE TRY IT OUT! Otherwise STHU!