1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars Still Shaking too much

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Ron Watmore, Oct 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

Hi, The new update was great and helped with the shaking a lot, however it still does it a bit too much. I am not sure if this is realistic or not. Seems a bit much. Is there anyway to tone this down. Attached is my config settings.

Attached Files:

• a2.pdf
      File size:
      241.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This shaking suspension needs to be fixed ASAP. Even with zero FFB it's still shaking.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Peter Stefani

I guess the good news is that it does not happen on the Merc 190E DTM, so I assume it is actually tire model issues, and not suspension.

4. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

When will you fix the miserable shaking of the cars?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

For those of you who stubbornly keep to the oppinion that this shaking has (just) something to do with suspension settings - then check this out.
    Start any of the cars that is haunted by this BUG op on Bathurst.
    And then check out what exactly happens with the shaking at this point on the track.
    Or more exactly precisely when you cross the black line in front of the car in pic.:cool:

shaking.jpg

6. Peter Stefani

@BrunoB I fail to see anything happening at this point on the track that's any different from any other point on the track.
    All I can say is that it still seems to be a tyre model issue on some open wheel cars. I drove the Ginetta GT4, and the MINI, and it was no problems with either car.

7. BrunoB

@Peter Stefani OK then I can reveal what at least happens when I drive the F-V10 G1.:D
    Before the line the car and camera are shaking so much that I often look at the HUD meny items to not get my sight too blurred/"destroyed".:mad:
    Then when you cross the line some magic suddenly stop all (or 99% of) the shaking.
    Visually its not because the track surface is any different - but supposedly because when you cross this line a new "temporary" laptiming starts.
    At least something happens in a splitsec that realistically has nothing to do with track surface.

ByTheWay: The duration of this low or more realistic shaking holds until about when you cross the finish/starting line.:cool:

8. BrunoB

Ok sorry mayb I should have said I use these settings.
    If I dont use Legacy settings then non-legacy + 0 is completely bullocs(nausea inducing + headache) while non-legacy +100 is kinda useable but gives still more shaking than legacy.
    So while legacy is borderline "useable" for me then this AMS2 camera shaking bug is also borderline using Raceroom instead - until Reiza get their stuff together:rolleyes:

1.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BrunoB

Testing things more severily out::p
    OK this is strange.:eek:
    Because to not to be too stubborn I tested the non-legacy + 100 head movement out.
    And now is my oppinion that using this setting the max and min shaking on as example Bathurst is not so severe as using the legacy + 100 I used before.:whistle:
    The strange thing is that using the legacy + 100 gives both lower minimum shaking on some parts of the track but also higher maximum shaking - on as example before the black line in my picture.
    Hehe and the result is that if I use the non-legacy + 100 there is not the abrubt change in shaking before and after the black line as I mentioned.o_O

ByTheWay: Dont ask me why there is this difference between shaking using legacy or non-legacy settings - but none of the settings gives anywhere near a "realistic" shaking on the whole of the track.

10. Peter Stefani

^^^ interesting testing. But with so many other functioning SIM's available, I'm not wasting any more time trying to figure out something that I'll never be able to fix, so I'll leave that to the developers. At least most of the other cars are drivable, but hope they can get the open wheel models fixed soon because we love these types.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BrunoB

Sounds reasonable :)
    The reason I posted the test info above was ofcourse not because I have found a solution/fix :D - but because I think I have personally concluded that the non-legacy + 100 feels/look slightly better than my former used legacy + 100.
    The reason is that I dont have to accept the worst and most exaggered shakings on certain parts of tracks where the legacy thing goes almost bullocs - with BrunoBs eyes trying to pop out of their holes:eek:

ByTheWay: At least Ill use it in my prefered F-Reiza and F-V10 G1.:p