1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.4.0 Update Released, now updated to v1.0.4.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We got the opposite with some of the historic content :p too new looking, the Mini and M1 have modern safety features on them.

On the subject of quality I use AC as the yardstick which I think is fair as it also featured a lot of content and I think AMS 2 has a way to go to match that. In AC if you checked the car data file against readily available data on the net for a car it tended to match up.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think I have the world best suggestion for you:
    Try it on 30th October and if it’s really not good turn it off immediately, try to forget that it was already released and turn it on again on 15th of November, when it’s been patched....

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'd recommend you to read my other messages in order to clear up why this suggestion completely misses the point of my (admittedly somewhat too short, and therefore misunderstandable) post.

4. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster DDiggler :)

That's the tickle now just to nurse my chubby for a few days :p:hurrayreiza:

5. Scoops

Scoops Member

It will be released when it’s released nothing any of us can do with that. It will not be the finished product as there are too many variables to expect that. Looking at most ? All cars in sim racing I can’t remember one either official or modded that hasn’t had updates / fixes applied after release. Having a community of backers who can give feedback will rule out anything bad that prevents release is an improvement on other sims.

Bottom line is worry about what you can influence plans don’t worry about stuff you can’t.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So ... don't ever criticize things you don't have a direct influence on? Yeah, no.

Just because I'm not Reiza doesn't mean they aren't open to general feedback. It doesn't mean they won't see that, over at Racedepartment, a large majority is expressing the hopes I've been expressing for the last day, and that I'm not the only voice having the same thoughts here: Previous updates have felt a bit rushed, and their state has hurt the reputation of the game. If the Nordschleife + the new cars have the same issues, their inclusion will not be as beneficial to the game as they could be.

Maybe spelling that out has an influence, maybe it doesn't. However, there's certainly no reason to stop voicing one's thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Scoops

Scoops Member

Not what I was suggesting we can try and influence but I suspect it won’t make much difference as all cars normally need an update.

I’m sure if you went through RD you would see very similar comments on all sims when new content is released. I consider the first few weeks as a shakedown for new content knowing it will get there as that’s when we can really influence the end product.

Feel free to comment on whatever you want to but if a developer thinks it’s ready to release I’m not sure what we could do to say there will be things you have missed have another look, find them and sort them.

But don’t worry about it either way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually some highly regarded "sims" in the market since many years don't even have weather or added recently a very limited day/night cycle.. So I would be lenient with Reiza. AMS2 is already very enjoyable and for sure will get only better...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Paul Cohen

Paul Cohen Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought you'd like that. Just returning the favour, and you're very welcome!

If I recall correctly the context to that was getting -vely review bombed by a small group of forum mansplainers about something (which, as it turns out, I was right about if I recall correctly). It wasn't appreciated at the time, and won't be appreciated in the future.

*waves to the haters*

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

I don't mind about forum points so you can dislike this post too

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. Paul Cohen

Sure thing "Doctor":D

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I suggest mr. Paul Cohen to be the admin of this forum.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Paul Cohen

Sorry, I don't have time. I'm too busy watching budding YouTube stars, who appear to be obsessed with likes. (and perhaps you should re-read my explanation as to the context- it wasn't me who started playing forum nazi).

Especially impressed with ones that break Reiza dev requests not to publish beta content just to get some like buzz on Facebook. Classy! You know who you are:whistle:

Yes, you, the one so happily piling on the dislikes there...nice glass house you have!

Anyway, haven't you kids got anything better to do? I'm glad you've identified yourselves, I've put you all on ignore now. I suggest you do the same for me, and let's leave the forum as it is. ty.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Xonky

Xonky Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems like you don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Screenshot_2020-10-27 Automobilista 2 V1 0 4 0 Update Released, now updated to v1 0 4 1.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Paul Cohen

I did that before I wrote that edit. Two can play at that game. Lets just agree to ignore each other shall we?

The issue here is people walking in on the middle of a conversation without understanding the context of why things happened. Feel free to make a snap judgement, but don't complain if you get some blowback.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Could we please get this back on topic? Keep getting notifications and hoping for good news :hurrayreiza:

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Paul Cohen

+10 to that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Noro Ardanto

Noro Ardanto New Member

Are you from the future ? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, yes. Sorry, I forgot to mention. Unfortunately Corona/COVID-situation is worse here in the future but at least the Automobilista 2 update was great.
    And now I must go back and continue my lap on Nordschleife... :D;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

As I am from the future, well compared to the rest of the world, do we have an exact time and time zone Nordschleife and the GT3’s are dropping? (How to say that without squealing in delight?) It will be the 31st for me as I'm in Australia and we are ahead of the European world, or all of you are a day behind us, whichever way you want to look at it.

• Like Like x 1