1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-game wheel calibration request

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by blueferrari, Oct 4, 2020.

1. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I have a Fanatec DD1 wheel and I have the wheelbase set at "Auto". With in-game wheel calibration, I'm not sure if this should be 900 or 1080 as both feel ok. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. pavig

pavig Member

It should automagically figure out your rotation from doing the manual calibration in game whatever you set rotation on your wheel to.

3. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

if it can help, on my sc2 sport I set 1180 and it feels a lot better than 900 or 1080

4. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Thank you

5. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Thank you. Are you talking about in the ingame calibration or on the Wheelbase?

6. pavig

pavig Member

In the driver software (control panel) for some wheels you can set the reported degrees between 900, 1080 etc. When you calibrate in game it will attempt to map to whatever the driver reports. It shouldn't make a difference what you set in the driver, but for some people it does.

I've seen several reports that force feedback feels slightly different depending on the degrees of rotation set in the driver it may feel more/less responsive, connected or realistic. I've noticed the same with my T300 but not enough to form an opinion on which setting feels better. FFB seems to be a very subjective and personal thing.

7. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

both, otherwise it won't work