1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 October 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

002.jpg

Greetings everyone!

It´s great to be back with another Development Update after missing out on our usual catch-up last month, for which I´d like to apologise to anyone who was disappointed by it - a combination of circumstances meant there was neither time nor material to post a substantial update then.

We´re gonna try make up for that now with a slightly early October Development update, to present you all with some very exciting news about what we have been putting together for our next Automobilista 2 update :)

THE ARC OF PROGRESS
    003.jpg
    This month marks the completion of two years since Automobilista 2 went into production with the Madness engine, and a mere 8 months since the very first Beta was release to backers. A lot of ground has been covered in this time, and we´re very proud of what we have managed to achieve in what is by all measures a relatively short window of time in game development.

Although we take pride on the work done so far, we remain aware that we really must continue to push hard in order for AMS2 to keep evolving to fulfill its potential - one that gets closer to being realized with every monthly update.

To this end we have obviously been commited to a very aggressive development schedule, and when you´re moving that fast to try make big strides towards releases on a monthly schedule, occasionally some rough edges will slip into public releases. This is deliberate and we do find this to be the way we can make the game grow better, faster - which ultimately is what we all want. We do aknowledge that approach has on occasion lead to a stumble here and there that has disappointed some users.

We´re also adamant that not all users are aware of this methodology or find it to be the right way to go, and conscious about the fact releases need to grow tidier and more reliable as we tick off the boxes in our dev plan. As always we emphasize that AMS2 was designed to evolve over time - the first version of anything will always be the least developed version, but that won´t stop us from continuing to push to make it better.

With this said, we have been working specially hard in the last couple of weeks to ensure a tidier release for what we believe will be a landmark update for Automobilista 2, with plenty of exciting new content combined with some major core improvements along with the usual round of polish to the existing cars and tracks. Here are some of the highlights:

PREMIUM GT3 & GT4 CARS ARRIVE FOR AMS2

There is no doubt GT3 racing has grown to become one of the most popular in motorsports, be it real or simulated - and there are good reasons for it: a perfectly balanced power-to-weight ratio packaged with sublimely optimized 21st century aerodynamics and technology, wrapped under virtuoso designs produced by the most prestigious brands in the world make them both uniquely attractive, and despite their impressive performances incredibly accessible for drivers of varying skill levels.

Our goal for Automobilista 2 is to provide the most diverse sim racing buffet we can put together, and that would never be complete without these mighty machines. We are thus delighted to confirm our initial batch of GT3 & GT4 cars will finally come for Automobilista 2 in our upcomign update.

This release will be boosted by the addition of two major licensing agreements - we are very proud to announce two new licensing partnerships with Porsche and Mclaren Automotive, which will see a number of their cars added to the game in the next few releases, adding to the growing list of premium brands and models officially represented in Automobilista 2.

The recent licensing agreements with these prestigious motorsports icons have been a long time coming in what has been a difficult year for businesses all over the world - that only adds to our gratitude for getting these over the finish line.

The deals will see a long catalogue of very exciting cars making their way to Automobilista 2 in the coming months - the vast majority of which will be added to the game as free additional content.

The initial batch in the upcoming release should include the following models:

GT3:
    • 2015 Mercedes AMG GT3
    • 2016 Porsche 911 GT3-R
    • 2019 Mclaren 720S GT3
    • 2019 BMW M6 GT3
    008.jpg

GT4
    :
    • 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
    • 2017 Camaro GT4-R
    • 2018 Mclaren 570S GT4
    006.jpg

This release will also feature the Porsche Carrera Cup cars as raced in the Brazilian series in 2020.
    004.jpg

ENTER THE GREEN HELL
    011.jpg

Another major milestone in our upcoming update is the release of the most challenging race track in the World - the Nurburgring , featuring both the modern GP layout as well as the infamous Nordschleife, both developed with the aid of laser scan data.

The track will be available as a standalone DLC, and also as part of both Season Pass and Premium Track Pack.

This initial release will not however be the extensions of our plans for the "Green Hell" - we will continue to develop new layouts of the track including a Historical version, with a release targetted at some point next year, as a free addition to this DLC package.

CORE GAME DEVELOPMENT

The new content is obviously great additions to the AMS2, and we hope they will be a popular boost to the game, but these also call for the game to evolve with it - to that end, we have continued to hard both in developing new features to the core game, as well as fixing issues with existing functionalities and content. Here are some of the highlights to feature in the upcoming release:

Livery custmization will now be possible and template for all models release with the next update, so users will be able to paint their own liveries to replace (but not yet add to) the original ones without needing to fudge with external tools.

We have a substantial Force Feedback upgrade, providing enhanced feedback during braking, enhanced road feel, improved scrub effect, effectively eliminating the FFB "deadzone" around center in some cars, and generally adding a more distinctive oversteer / understeer feedback
    001.jpg

Physics revisions
    of the engine at large as well as specific car models continue to take place, with fuel and tyre wear specially expected to have a full pass in time for release.

We are also continuing our intense AI development program, further cleaning up some poor behavior and doing further performance callibration passes which should see a more consistent and reliable racing jumping from class to class.
    010.jpg

Further work on 3D Animations is also ongoing, on the car front with more cars receiving the complete damage model with deformable mesh, flapping & detachable parts, dirt & scratch maps, and tracks beginning to get a bit more life with helicopters, drones and other objects
    009.jpg

On the Audio front, and have added a capable extra set of hands to the team to help us get the best of the FMOD engine - that should earn valuable improvements on the longer run, with some already be noticeable on the upcoming new cars.

Championship mode has also received some updates, with further support for official Stock Car rules and the addition of a few new championships due for this update and the next.

PRICING RETAINED
    005.jpg
    Despite the growing list of premium licensed content to be added to the base game over the coming weeks and months and the game itself distinctively maturing into a very competitive package, we have elected to further postpone our planned price bump and stick with the current pricing for the time being, with the goal of boosting the influx of new players and stimulating the growth the active community around it. With seasonal Steam sales incoming you may expect some good deals also for DLC packs.

That covers it for this month and hopefully also makes up for the last one - we look forward to sharing the latest results of our work with you all this weekend!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Winner x 75
    • Like x 49
    • Friendly x 13
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Member AMS2 Club Member

AWESOME NEWS!

Please, consider to share together with the templates, a viewer to help with livery painting and also allowing us to make awesome renders :D

@Renato Simioni

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to this massive release!! Great job!!!

Please don't forget...
    1. The car (or camera) bouncing like crazy (v-10, etc...)
    2. Turn off telemetry during replays, my motion rig is giving me a heart attack each time!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. JOJO

JOJO New Member AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

yeah. More than 200 dedicated AMS2 liveries ready to go.
    And i think some AMS1 are also waiting to be converted soon :)

• Like Like x 22
  6. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Damn I can't wait to try the Cup car on all those Brazilian tracks!

This is what I've been waiting for...Epic news @Renato Simioni

• Like Like x 8
  7. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

finally arrived !!!
    September 58
    :whistle::whistle:
    :hurrayreiza:

• Funny Funny x 8
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Some spelling errors here and there, but regardless its a great roadmap.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BattleOvce

BattleOvce In-game Patrik Šulc AMS2 Club Member

What about, late 90's touring cars, which won our vote poll, any plans?

• Like Like x 2
  10. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I hope Formula Reiza will receive a ffb fix sooner or later...
    anyway, Porsche cup : say no more :)

11. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Fingers crossed for fixed Karts VS A.I (Instant damage since day 1), correct refuelling, correct lap counter, correct gearing for Group A E30, hard pulling right on wheel, better multiplayer lobby information.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow! Huge to see Porsche as license not just for these GT3/GT4/Cup cars but more to come in the future. Hopefully we see some amazing historic ones added too to go along with Historic Nordschleife!?!?! Can't wait. Keep it up team!

Edit: Will the updates for Nerb also include the older GP layout (from 1985-early 2000) before the arena section was added?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. AlenC

AlenC Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome update! Especially hapy about porsche imperio cup which I hoped to see in AMS2 since the game was announced!

• Like Like x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Is that it? Has no one thought about the fact that Reiza didn't leave space for......them to have a well deserved beer or 10 :D
    Massive news and great updates and additios :eek: hopefully the community will finally get behind Reiza and AMS2!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Someone hit me with a bat and put me in a coma for 3 god damn more days! Please! I beg you!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Sim Racing Life AMS2 Club Member

Damn you guys. what an amazing update this is going to be.
    Good plan with the pricing though, lets hope more people come on over.
    Thank you to everyone at Reiza Studios, Man what a team ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Best news in there is the Historic version of the Nurburgring to me. Will fit perfectly with the Retro and Vintage F1 cars, hopefully some more content for that era will arrive one day.

Otherwise, good selection of GTs, but I won't hide my disappointment in some of the models used being so old, especially the Mercedes and Porsche GT3s being the old version of those cars when there have been two new versions of each since and the Porsche Cayman being the older MR model and not the 718 version. That version of the Merc in particular has rarely, if ever, raced against the 720S McLaren.

Really nice surprise in the Camaro for me; would love it if you manage to acquire the Mustang GT4 to compete with it in future, but it's a nice selection to add to the Ginetta in game. I've been waiting for this class to properly reacquaint myself with the South American circuits as I think they'll fit perfectly.

Great to have confirmation of Porsche and the McLaren GT division licences too; the GT1 class on the roadmap would have been lost without that ;)

One very personal positive is you seem to have a great, consistent set of realistic but fictional liveries in the cars shown in the pics - all the cars having consistent number plates weirdly adds a lot to my immersion in race, compared to Raceroom for example where an N24 livery, a GT Open livery and an IMSA livery will all race with each other. Might seem a small detail but means a lot to me.

Onwards and upwards; looking forward to seeing the changelog, especially for the AI improvements (fingers crossed for multiclass improvements), to supported liveries and for the sound improvements that were previously hinted at. Thanks for the update.

Edit: the phrase "initial batch" sounds promising too ;)

18. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some nice surprises in there, great write up :)

19. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate, you remember me of my first girlfriend... I loved her, but not always we saw each other eye to eye. Disagreed with her in a lot of ways. But man, the sex we made kept us together for three and a half years!

So yeah. Great sex, bruh!

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. AJR13

AJR13 New Member

Great job guys!!!

Please make possible to change between controllers in race. Some times I play with G29 and sometimes with controller and I always forget to change it and then I have to go back to the menus to change it.

Also, how much will cost the new track DLC?

When tha game price go up eventually, the DLCs will also get more expensive?