1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions of the EEC mod?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msportdan, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Augusto

Augusto Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is excellent and I'm having so much fun racing online.

2. Andrew Daniels

Andrew Daniels New Member AMS2 Club Member

Having some serious fun with it, but the cars could do with being more balanced.

The difference in performance just means some of the cars are not competitive and therefore will not get used.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Mod is balanced for online use, there may be some cars harder to get top speed like the McLaren, but the cars are balanced. Except of couse... don't expect all cars to turn same lap time on base setup.. or on all tracks
    The AI is another department... keep in mind this mod was made for our online leagues (in EEC, as you can check in the read me the request about online use...), not for offline racing. If someone want to teak the AI feel free to do it and send is the AI related part of the cars hdv and tbc so we can include in future updates.

4. hotty

hotty New Member

Hallo
    Since Update to 1.0 i have no ForceFeedback with the EEC GT3 Mod .I can
    select all Cars of the Mod ingame,but when i drive there is no ForceFeedback,before Update all was perfect,did a fresh Install of the Mod
    but did not help.At the Reiza Cars all is fine.Thanks for Help:(:mad:

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was just running the EEC GT3 cars last night, no problems with FFB here.

6. Will Mazeo

anyway I'll add that low ffb stuff to the mod today (hopefully) and for a near future also wanna check if it's possible to use Reiza tires based on the only car that got new physics before our physic guy left, those tires give a much better ffb, hope it works without breaking the balance in the mod

• Like Like x 1
  7. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, it's too bad that a lot of tire values can't be made public, but you should be able to get a lot of stuff from the CART Extreme mod and I remember seeing the tbc file for the Mini Challenge in the safety car folder a while back (not sure if it's still there after 1.0). The addition of the pneumatic trail grip fraction definitely added a little more depth to the FFB so if you can get that incorporated into the mod it should feel really nice.

8. Will Mazeo

That mod Porsche x Ferrari use Reiza tires ;) nearly the same used in the Stock Car V8 back when they didn't hide or forgot to hide their stuff. But one is Michelin the other is Pirelli, wonder if we could have a multi tire class again, would be fun
    I think that one is made by Renato too like the CART

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  9. hotty

hotty New Member

I have tested the Cars again,some Cars (new Audi,Nissan,BMWZ4,Ferrari,Renault,Mercedes) have FFB when you turn off Speed Limiter on Track,in Pit with Speed Limiter on no FFB,definitly something wrong,rest of the Cars no FFB:oops::(

10. Will Mazeo

All of them have FFB here
    Anyway update to include the pneumatic trail, low speed FFB boost is already done. It's up to Patriot to release it now but I think he isn't home till tomorrow
    Another uptade to use Reiza slipcurve is also done and sent to him, no idea if will be used. Does fit the new aero a lot better than current tires so who knows :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. hotty

hotty New Member

Thanks for the Information,i hope all will be good when the Update for the
    Mod come:rolleyes:

12. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Love it. I was surprised how easy they were to drive after using the standard cars but against one another it's damn good racing and it really makes AMS more accessible for my club coming from Project Cars.

Some of the engine noises make me weak at the knees and releasing it to the public was a fantastic show of generosity after all the work that must have went into it.

My only real gripe was that the sound balance is a bit off on some cars (can tweak that yourself though) and the Ford GT model I drove only has sound on one channel. Anyone else get that or is it something with my rig? I find myself driving the cars that sound the best so getting it perfect would be a beautiful shine on an already pretty package ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ziras

Ziras New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great mod, really enjoying myself, but there are a couple of gripes:
    • FFB is a bit sloppy on many of the cars, needs some major tweaking to get it to similar quality of the default content. by the way are there any RealFeel settings posted somewhere that I could use?
    • The Mclaren cockpit sounds are horrific, I hope you find new samples for it soon.
    Hope you continue to improve this mod, it's pretty good.

14. AndD

AndD New Member

Hi all, I've downloaded this mod along with the 1.6 update. Extracted the files and dropped them into my Steam Automobilista folder.
    Fire up the game, can see the ECC series logo on page two. Select the series, but when i go to choose my car and track no cars are shown on the left hand side of the screen.
    You guys seem to be running this with little problems.. what have i done wrong??

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Cheers

15. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you also install the shared textures and safety car files?

• Like Like x 1
  16. AndD

AndD New Member

No i didn't... I must of misunderstood as i read those files being needed for league racing.. I will have another go tonight with all files install. Hopefully that will get me up and running
    Thanks for responding

17. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Member

It can sound weirdly but I'm trying to keep my AMS install only with vanila content. Adding a lot of non-Reiza stuff will turn it in a rF1 mess, without any standard across cars and tracks quality / style. I'm still wondering if I should add this mod.

18. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember the rF1 "is this mod good enough?" days, best way is (if you have time) to simply try it yourself, if it's good enough it remains....if not the Recycle Bin it goes :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I mostly stick to the Reiza cars as there is a good selection but I think this mod + cart extreme fill a couple of gaps in the range so are worth some disk space.

20. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

JSGME (Generic Mod Enabler) works beautifully with my copy of GTR2 and both AMS and AMS Beta. The idea is that one can choose instantly whether to run a game with a mod enabled or disabled - without changing and/or corrupting the game. You can have folders dedicated to individual tracks, cars, utilities, etc. It helped me a lot when I conquered my nerves and started to install mods for the first time. JSGME should be better known in the modding community, but it doesn't seem to have caught on.

Make sure you read the instructions! :eek:

Warning: It might be wise to make a copy of your sim before experimenting with JSGME. Just in case... :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.