1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaderboard / Time Trial

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by olemo, Oct 30, 2020.

1. olemo

olemo New Member

Hey,

I'm new here, thinking about switching from pcars2 to a "real" sim - like am2 (which I will do anyway).
    What I did a lot in pcars2 is hotlapping and comparing my results at a leaderboard like this:
    Project CARS 2 PC Leaderboards
    Is there a similar feature (planned) for ams2?
    Or, maybe even better: Is there an API to get all the results for building such an interactive list by the community?

Happy driving
    O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

No.
    You cant even see your position on the LB list when you are active in the LB mode.
    The only thing visible on track and garage is your fastest lap in the current session + the absolute fastest lap.
    When you exit the LB mode you are presented with the LB list.
    Thats all.:rolleyes:
    No statistics or anything fancy.

ByTheWay: To the best of my knowledge there is some kind of API - but I dont know if it can be used to create what you are looking for.

3. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

What do you mean Bruno? If you go into time trail or what ever it's called, after you select a car and track, it gives the leaderboard for that car/track combo.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You cant understand what I mean - OK.
    If you read what I write then its the following.
    So please tell me if you are able to see your position on the LB list when you are active (on track or garage) in LB mode?
    Because Im not.:cool:
    Its goofy that you have to de-activate (exit) LB mode to see the impact of your latest laps on the LB rating.
    OK?;)

5. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah yes, I understand what you mean now! That is true, but it only take a couple seconds to back out of the race to see the leaderboard.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

As far as I know until now there is only the leaderboard shown in the game.

The PC2 leaderboards you posted was created by the game fans, it seems. It's something similar to Assetto RSR Live Timing.

I don't remember the devs saying anything about creating a website to center all AMS2 world records.

Most probably is that we have such a tool made by the community in the future. But I think we need the game to be much more popular to have it.

If Reiza could improve the leaderboard in the game - showing informations like date of the lap, track temp, nationality of the driver and other things it would be already very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Its probably for the best we dont take it too seriously right now, just in the past 6 months there's enough changes that a good lap time in one version of the game is a terrible lap time in the next. I think in a year or two when things stabilize we may want to set up something like that.

8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agree:)

Ref TT times. I had a look last night after our very enjoyable race, (till I dropped it) Imola Brabham.
    Love the new feel to the car, even in default. loosened a bit more, =better
    With so many changes and imo improvements to Brabham class times in TT should be interesting to watch and improve on. maybe a reset?
    Lotus was better for you?
    Interesting looking PC2 leaderboard link, found a few from years long time ago i did, brought back a few memories at Monza historic. may go back and retry some of them! with new ffb in PC2