1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A german streamer right now (in german) regarding driving: "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this experience".

He has great fun right now, racing GT4s at Spielberg short. :D

2. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

OMG these porsche are so bouncy……

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

DD2 user here and can confirm take Reiza‘s advice and turn both Natural Damper NDP and Damper DPR down to ZERO! I’m currently on damper in AMS2 FFB menu of 44 and oh my oh my, the FFB from the new Merc GT3 is incredible around the Nurburgring!
    I’ll test out other cars with other rims and see if it translates universally.
    Honestly Reiza for FFB and physics, this is easily your best update yet!
    I’m a huge Merc AMG fan and we all now RF2 ballsed up the FFB for this car in their sim and can’t seem to fix it, so for you guys to hook us up and knock it out the park so amazingly is the perfect gift! Thanks so much!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

45 feels about right for me too.. I don't think I have ever turned off DPR before.. It suggests it's the damping coming from the game however with it off the AMS2 damping still works and it feels great in the G58..

Man P1/P2/GT3 is wicked around Nurbs.. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  5. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Oh my.... FFB really feels fantastic in the McLaren and Porsche GT3s - I mean REALLY fantastic - this content really makes AMS2 shine and the AI behaved very well too in the brief races Ive just had :):):)

The audio is also significantly upgraded (at least in the new cars I drove).

Only thing so far - Porsche Cup bounce / bunny hops FFB from tyres and world movement that sync to them are insane though to a point where I dont think I can drive them - I hope you are looking into reducing those significantly (also occurs to a lesser extent in the GT3's).

Honestly very stoked - well done Reiza!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Overall i really enjoy the update :)

New cars sound great and are a nice improvement imho. Regarding older cars, i could only test the E30 so far and i am under the impression that this sounds better as well, might be a placebo though? If not, great! E30 also was a pleasure to drive.

Nürburgring also looks great and is running supersmooth, even in VR, which is always nice.

I also enjoy driving the GT3s and GT4s, though i have to agree, they maybe seem to be a bit to easy to drive and very planted on corner exit, i don't feel any oversteer at all basically, even on tight corners around Adelaide. I know that GT3s are allegedly pretty easy to drive but maybe that's a bit too much :D

AI also seemed to be improved, though this surely requires more testing, but initial impression was good.

Another thing i noticed was that the Porsche GT4 is indeed pretty bouncy. When driving around Kyalami, the car would jump around mid corner, sometimes creating pretty strong forces with the simucube 2, even leading to clipping sometimes, something that i have never observed before in those situations.

I generally feel that i get more clipping than before, especially on curbs, but that's subjective ofc and probably just requires me to dial in the settings.

Can't wait to try the nordschleife :D

• Like Like x 4
  7. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

What are the best settings for a T500?

8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

not only a little, it's like a kangaroo.
    Welcome to Australia, Porsche Cayman:)
    But it's a great feeling with the new FFB:D
    ss192434.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If possible please consider giving the option for users to further heavily reduce this force.. When parked in the pits I can not take my hand off the wheel else it will oscillate...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Holy smokes this merc gt3. Feels like the responsiveness of rf2, the weight of r3e and the rolling/weight transfer dynamics of acc. Honestly the best gt3 Ive driven. The other two are decent, but clearly not as polished. Note I did increase the TC to allow more slip, otherwise they are a little dull.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Wow, what an amazing update with very few issues considering the extent of it!

• New FFB must now be close to perfection...all the flavour we loved from AMS with the subtleties of the SETA physics coming through so nicely
    • The new cars are very impressive overall and tons of fun, with the following exceptions:
      • AI calibration likely still needed as they are a bit slow
      • Excessive bounciness in Porsche suspension/springs seems to be fixed on GT3, but not yet GT4 or Carrera Cup cars?
      • Carrera Cup engine sound a bit too quiet and/or opponents too loud
    • New UI filters to sort tracks are GREAT!
      • Just need to combine England into UK or split UK into its parts
    • Opacity change in UI very welcome!
    • Server info details page after you click on one a godsend!!! Thanks!
      • It still needs to be adjusted for ultrawide screens
    • Left-click for driver info also a welcome return from days of AMS
    • Thanks for fixing Mini JCW up-shift issue--that car is now incredibly fun to drive and hope it doesn't get forgotten in all the flurry around the GT3's
    • There seems to be incredible progress with AI as well--watched in amazement as a Camaro GT4 and a Cayman GT4 in front of me battled it out very aggressively, but safely and respectfully, at Oulton Classic
      • Getting hit from the rear greatly reduced, but it did happen to me in the Group A
      • Group A (not sure if it could be specific to them, but that's what I was in when it happened several times) swerves into you in braking zone just before corner if you are side-by-side and you are on racing line and they are not
      • Ongoing calibration of series very much appreciated
    • Most of the new sounds are impressive, so things looking up in that area, too

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

well you can spin, you just have to overdrive it.
    and how many spins do you see in real GT3, where half the grid is gentlemen drivers? not alot.

im happy for fairly easy to drive GT3s, cause thats what they are.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

For me, the AI now pushes me off track. It slams right into me while side by side and rams into me from behind. This, even with "Aggression" set to 0. Yesterday I was not experiencing this with "Aggression" set at 100.

I only tried the ProCar at Imola so far but it did it for all races I tried. I was not able to finish a single one.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They use TC...

15. theF1man

theF1man Member

Thank you for this update, just tried the Porsche Carrera Cup car and Merc GT3 on Brazilia for a few laps, Fantastic update :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. papi Bernard

papi Bernard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you so much to all people involved in this Auttomobilista development. The result is brillant, so much diversity in a sim, and FFB always improving. I wish REIZA a great success, you just deserve it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

where do i find the skin templates`?

18. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Big step in AMS2 history for sure. Not only the new content, but the update in general.

The new FFB makes me feel more conecnted to the cars and ACFAN was a tremendous hire. Beside the problem with Porches suspension, I'm very satisfied.

Congrats to entire REIZA team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The fact that's it's only going to get better from here has me giddier than Christmas. Once we have a full field of cars at the same level as the Merc, this will be the sim. Frankly the GT3s are way down on my list and I can't wait to see the other classes coming, buts great seeing the player base grow.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Great Job, Reiza, you make me happy again like with each update. A question for you:
    Why Ginetta G55 GT4 is not in the same category than the rest of the GT4s?

Greetings!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1