1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, seems to influence also the Wheel permanent damping then. "Lenkergängigkeit"...

Could be somewhat the same, like the negative drift setting with Fanatec.

Baffling, why they don't seperate damping channel and wheel permanent damping, though. :whistle:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Mike,
    There are a few problems with the fps on some tracks but as new noticed are only noticeable if you drive in certain conditions like sunset or during night time.
    These problems are there since the release of the game and I reported them to Reiza about 4 months ago!!!

The performance is decent on Nurburgring but not great so at this point no buy for me, try racing at Donington(most optimised track I found so far, on par with pcars2 fps performance), old Kyalamy, Spielberg.

Here you can see fps hungry tracks I reported in july and I am curious if you have the same problems on these tracks:
    Brasilia:

New Kyalamy( as you said ):

All Imola tracks:

And to be able to compare this is pcars 2 same sister engine, same settings, same car and same track Imola:

As you can see in some parts the pcars2 has double! the fps AMS2 has.

Really hope Reiza will aknowledge these problems and optimise their tracks because it is possible , Donington for example show it is possible is runs butter smooth and has great frame rates. Racing at 1PM is something I've been doing since forever now in all other sims and I just want to race at sunset or do night racing because Madnesss engine looks spectacular in these conditions and with some of the tracks it is impossible.
    Also some print screens are attached take today at Donington, Kyalamy new and Nürburgring so we can see the fps are identical to fps in the videos from july(Kyalamy)

Attached Files:

• Don.jpg
      Don.jpg
      File size:
      201.4 KB
      Views:
    • Don1.jpg
      Don1.jpg
      File size:
      184.3 KB
      Views:
    • Kya.jpg
      Kya.jpg
      File size:
      313.2 KB
      Views:
    • Kya1.jpg
      Kya1.jpg
      File size:
      290.2 KB
      Views:
    • Nord.jpg
      Nord.jpg
      File size:
      349.5 KB
      Views:
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

The AI is a bit stupid as well at the moment. See Vid. I have this with all the GT3 and GT4 cars atm.
    I did not test the older cars. The AI behaviour is not top notch atm. The tend to bump you of the track as if they don't are aware of you.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  4. psone

psone Guest

@Bull Shark
    haha I call racing incident! He was maybe a bit vigorous in his defence...

What I noticed from the few AI races I ran last night was overall less carnage and being rear ended, but they will close the door on you in a heartbeat, need to check replays to see whether its me or them in the wrong though.

@Marius H
    Fanatec's most recent drivers aren't bad at all, their default AMS 2 settings were quite nice for the previous build, but will try setting drift to 0 today to see how that changes things, normally I run -2 also.

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm, yes a bit too harsh movement but is it really an illegal move?
    Shouldn’t you expect the car in front to turn to the outside to the ideal line and therefore have to brake? Just being curious...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ChuckieG

ChuckieG New Member

The new content has been amazing, but this has been my only complaint so far. I've also experienced this with older cars as well, namely p4 and sprint cars(all while racing at Nurburgring). To be honest, the 1.0.2.7 version had the best AI imo. The Ai was way more aware of their surroundings and side by side racing was better achieved. Now there are a lot of bumper car type actions going on. Still a happy camper though, but I hope this gets fixed asap.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just came off our ACC league race last night so thought it would be best to jump in and try the Reiza GT3's straight after whilst the physics/FFB of ACC where still fresh on my mind. Tried the Benz and the Mclaren.

AMS2's GT3's are 'easier'. They drive like they are on rails I was blasting around Nürburgring like it was nothing. Whereas with ACC you feel the subtleties of lateral weight transfer a lot better in the chassis and the tyres slip away here and there requiring small corrections and not overdoing things, this wasn't a thing in AMS2 just put your mind on zero and rail away. It was fun, but it felt more bland let's say.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I call it, just try to stay on the driving line no mater what. :D

In my eyes it is illigal to just bump me off the track. I'm driving on that side of the track and the nose of my car has already passed his rear.

But I do like the new content. Only the AI have to get some minor tweaks if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same was with M1 Procar and the Mini's when released and after the first update they were completly different cars ;)! Clearly the cars are not fully developed at this moment, I'd wait for an update before comparing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Holy smoke, REIZA!
    Any words to say??
    Absolute impossible, such noise, row, I don't understand myself -- crazy:D:D
    Thank you!!
    ss145352.jpg
    BTW, nice dandelion...
    ss145556.jpg ss145719.jpg ss145843.jpg ss150046.jpg
    It's really one of the best updates, a milestone.
    Sad that there's no Nordschleife but therefore I'm looking forward to next week.
    Please don't forget that Buenos Aires would also fit perfectly to the GT3/GT4 cars

• Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. supershadow25

supershadow25 New Member AMS2 Club Member

REIZA,

just want to say: THANKS for that great update.....

- the Nürburgring looks fantastic
    - the GT3s are super great
    - the GT4s are "bumpy", but I´m sure you will fix that

Again, go on REIZA, you did and so are superb job, thx from germany.....

Marco

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I already ticked "Agree," but in my temporarily limited time to test and comment, @tpw wrote precisely what I want to say, so ditto :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marlonracer

Marlonracer New Member

Can't shift into gear after this update! Fanatec DD1

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

First off, the 125 cc karts feel better than ever--the latest FFB and whatever else has been done to them is awesome and I can now feel every nuance of what's happening at the rear and with the brakes, which is essential to control a kart in a sim.

However, the AI calibration pass may not have actually made it into the sim or else it is being distorted by a reversion of programming related to the skip to end of session problems that I thought had been fixed in a prior build.

Tested 125 cc kart at Londrina One and Interlagos Three with the same results:
    • AI are dramatically slower than they should be at 100%/75%
      • 3 seconds per lap too slow at Londrina One
    • But, if you skip to end of session at any point, they are suddenly 3 seconds per lap too fast
      • Yes, it's about a 6 second per gap on a lap that is only 44 seconds (which is about what the fastest AI should be doing at 100%)
    • The P/Q/R speed ratios (when you don't use sip to end) seem OK...there is not going to be a lot of difference in a kart on such a short lap
    I had tested and reported that the skip to end was fixed at some past point, so hopefully just a small glitch reset this time :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Marlonracer

Marlonracer New Member

I have tested the shifters Fanatec's wheel properties and everything seems ok. I can even assign the shifters in AMS2 and calibrate the wheel and pedals with no problems. The only option for me is to drive cars in Automatic gear mode. Also removed the AMS2 properties from My Documents, still can't shift into First gear or reverse car stays in Neutral. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  16. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Has anybody found out what the damper does exactly apart from make the wheel feel very heavy, not sure on the best setting, like 45 ish but can feel way too heavy on some cars, tried at 0 but something feels off, does it affect any of the other settings, cheers.

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Been driving the 720S close to world record pace with 30L on my MP server at Nurburgring GP (tight final chicane) like 1:57:7: if you just reduce a couple of clicks of diff pre-load and up the ramp angle by 5 degrees after 3-4 laps you rear becomes more slippery to the point you can feel it under power and even at turn in and rear tires get quite hot. Took out one click of rear aero but did not touch TC from baseline. I think initially in the stint the car rear feels easy but down the line it starts giving way with the rear.
    I don't think there is an inherent big issue with TC honestly (also from my experience with the formula cars in AMS2 that have it, it mostly works reasonably well). I think just a very little bit of fine tuning to the tires grip and tiny additional differential easing could be welcome to the car but otherwise they feel spot on (apart from the Porsche front axle issues on kerbs) and the driving experience feels awesome even on the Porsche.
    I don't know and I don't care what other sims do (though I drove most of them), but IMHO (as an automotive engineer) except when entering too hot into a corner, GT3s should not be crazily easy to spin, reason being that it's far easier on dry tarmac to generate a lot of weight transfer to the rear and hence understeer than power oversteer. The reason for this is that they are comparatively heavier and with higher COG which spell big longitudinal weight transfers when acceleration occurs especially on Porsche and McLaren. Mercedes and BMW should experience more of a rear instability under power and honestly the Merc feels exactly like that when you push it also in AMS2. Like someone else noted, even in the 24 hours os Spa with rain there were very little if no spins at corners exits even on wet. At La Source GT3s were crossing the big outside sausage kerb under acceleration practically without the rear of the car moving and showing no TC visible intervention.
    Let's patiently wait and see what Reiza will come up with in the upcoming updates.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

What should I see in the ffb options screen? I only have default and custom as options. I do not see new default as an option. Is that correct?

19. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

At the moment, and despite the bugs reported by other users, I am very happy with the update. Now to wait for Nordscheife and BMW and custom liveries.

One more thing Reiza, would it be possible to extend the range of when cars turn their lights on / off? It seems to me that they turn them on very late and turn them off very early. I'd even like to see cars that have them on at noon.

a greeting

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Yes,the default is the "new default"!

• Like Like x 1