1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI changes need to be rolled back to v1.0.4.1 or hotfixed, they are just horrible now. Constantly PIT maneuvering you on straights, starts, everywhere. It wasn't like this before even at 80% aggression.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick suggestion: I solved this (using 100% of brake power in my settings) by moving the BB forward about 2-4% depending on car and downshifting less aggressively. That is especially trues for mid-rear engine cars. Downshifting is very very key in AMS2 at the minute to control the rear in GT/Protos compared to other sims where you can be more aggressive according to my experience.

3. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

I find ACC to be rather numb feeling wise, so much so, it feels like I have to learn how to "play the game" rather than intuitively know how to drive. It's good, for sure, but after taking a month or two away from all sims, I couldn't drive it for sh...poop. Unlike other sims, i.e RF2 which I find very intuitive to drive because of all the detail fed back via the force feedback, all the nuances etc. Which in turn, may well translate into it seeming "easier".

I did a back to back in RF2 and AMS2 and for me, with my wheel, my settings and my preferences, they felt very very close in a lot of areas, not identical of course. Mileage may vary of course, but ACC just doesn't do it for me in the feedback department. RF2 really does and AMS2 is now feeling awesome (pending more vehicle tests)

I'm not saying AMS2 is perfect either, no sim is.. they all have their pros/cons, but easier doesn't always mean it's wrong, either. But, I'm not a racing driver and a mediocre sim racer :p so my opinion means little ;)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Somebodu knows when we can expect spotter in game?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I actually know, what you mean. Everytime i take a break from ACC for more than 1 week, my pace drops by 2 seconds for the first 6 laps, when driving it again. :D
    But i actually don't find it to be physics or FFB wise, but the reaction to pedal inputs in ACC, which sometimes is a bit different to other sims. Nevertheless i still enjoy it.^^

• Like Like x 1
  6. RWB FxUK

Yeah, I enjoy it too.. honeslty not here to knock anything.. they are just.. different.
    It's a golden time for sim racing atm :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RWB FxUK

Crewchief (free) is better than any in-game spotter and since it works in all (or most) sims, is also consistent. Unlike in-game ones, can also give you some sh... too, if you turn on sweary messages.. why would you need anything else :p
    I know, it should be in-game and it's an option, or was.. but still, its the first thing I turn off.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

It's still there, though and may cause confusion, because you can turn it on, without making a noise. (understandably not the highest priority feature, yet)

The subtitles for the ingame spotti are running all the time if activated, so the feature is definetly active, but doesn't have voice samples to work with yet, it seems...
    So this shows basically likelyhood for further implementation but not complete, while still being running, without giving any noise and i think, asking for what is going on with the feature may be quite fair. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RWB FxUK

Oh yeah, not saying it shouldn't exist.. like I say, I know it should be in-game.. and isn't.
    It's a fair request. Sorry if it came across that way.

Just offering up an alternative solution too. The spotter in PC2 wasn't very good from memory, ofc, this isn't PC2 and AMS1's spotter was decent. But I still used CC because of consistency across sims.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

Oh no, the pCars2 spotti was talking waaaaaaay to much!!! :D

Yes, AMS1 is one of the sims where i actually still use ingame spotter, the functionality is totally sufficient.^^

11. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i know crew chief is a good thing but was wondering since in game there is the spotter option but never recieved info about. Thanks

12. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I can't race without Jim telling me how bad I'm doing. I get lonely.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Marlonracer

Marlonracer New Member

Shifting help, please.

14. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Hey Dady, with that TM control panel settings and in-game FFB set to default (GAIN75 LFB50 FX50 DAM0), can you feel the engine revs while throttling?
    I think new FFB is awesome but I found FX is kind of missing on my wheel.

15. CrimsonEminence

I like it, when Jim tells me to "nail that ****er"...always activate the swearing mode! :whistle::D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You always can use Crew Chief if you need it badly.

17. Marlonracer

Marlonracer New Member

I can't shift any car into gear after updating!
    I have tested the shifters Fanatec's wheel properties and everything seems ok. I can even assign the shifters in AMS2 and calibrate the wheel and pedals with no problems. The only option for me is to drive cars in Automatic gear mode. Also removed the AMS2 properties from My Documents, still can't shift into First gear or reverse car stays in Neutral. How can I fix this?

18. CrimsonEminence

Do you have tried changing "Wheel Make" to "custom" (in the controls options) and reassigning everything manually?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The suspension of the Porsche Cup cars looks broken.
    :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Same with the Cayman, but it's a known issue with a hotfix in the works apparently.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1