1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I've set the spring and dampening on wheel to 0 and 100 and never noticed any difference in any Sim . rF2 is brutal in some of the open wheelers and I feel I could raise smoothing quite high for them but have just felt with it at 4.
    AMS2 can feel very numb with dampening above 20. Anywhere from 0 to 10 feels fine .
    Didn't you say rF2 has something in the config to adjust dampening?

2. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I'm noticing some chops on the sound of the Porsche 911 GTR R transmission whine. Is it normal or a sound bug? Sorry for the silly question, my main interest is on open wheel cars and I have little knowledge on this 911.

But the way, I liked the new engine sounds a lot. If possible, a revision on the open wheel cars engine sounds would be very welcome.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am going to install the 380 release candidate today. And test it with AMS 2. Let me see how it turns out. It better be good. :D

Currently running 70/0/30/15/Dri off. I think 15 damper is enough. Not sure yet. Want to play a lil more with FX. I believe gain could be lower and damper a tad higher. But not sure as well.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure if any further drivers will be beneficial for my aging v2 base . I think 372 is my last.
    I tested tonight 0 dampening and it felt good, So i'm at 55-70/0/50/0 atm.
    I will be interested in your finding with this 380 driver.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

Excellent travail comme toujours, cela dit, je trouve les voitures un peu trop faciles, en particulier GT3 et Porsche Cup. Le ffb s'améliore vraiment et le son aussi. Personnellement, j'aimerais que le jeu dans son ensemble soit un peu plus difficile, je trouve que je suis trop bon pilote de F1 V12 Encore un grand merci pour tout le travail, je l'apprécie

6. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would go a bit further than others and say Reiza should not worry about the in-game spotter at all and just put a link there to CrewChief. The effort required to make something the same or better than CrewChief would be better put elsewhere.

Same goes for SimHub for external devices and Second Monitor (and other solutions) for telemetry. If people really want to cover their screens with hud windows (rF2 streamers, lol) then they can just make it in SimHub rather than needing Reiza to make it for them.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Absolutely, Crew Chief is so good, no need to reinvent the wheel really. Even more so if the required workforce could be used somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't even have to be on the same level. It should match AMS1, though.

It's a predecessor to a title, that already had basic and sufficient functionality in this department and now take it away? Kind off misses the objective of having things improved. Why should someone play AMS2, when AMS1 still basically remains with more features and functionality?^^

(The priority is not on the highest side, of course, but polish also gives a better impression of the overall experience. When you activate the ingame spotter and you hear nothing, but see subtitles, it may be confusing)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Philippe Moinet

Philippe Moinet The driver hyper tourist AMS2 Club Member

[QUOTE = "InfernalVortex, post: 102284, membre: 18437"] J'ai remarqué de nombreuses améliorations sérieuses dans la sensation des voitures que je conduis beaucoup. Les F-Classics, F-Retros et F-Vintage se sont tous améliorés, certains plus que d'autres, mais je suis vraiment satisfait des mises à jour physiques. Les voitures existantes que j'ai essayées se sentent toutes mieux, et le retour de force est également excellent. Je peux vraiment ressentir les améliorations systémiques cette fois-ci. C'est probablement la première mise à jour que j'ai vue à ce jour où j'ai senti qu'une partie du potentiel du contenu original de la F1 commence enfin à se matérialiser. J'en suis vraiment content pour le moment.

J'ai essayé la Porsche GT3 et j'ai eu l'impression que c'était une sorte de voiture kangourou ... Je veux dire, je peux dire qu'il y a une voiture amusante à conduire en dessous, mais c'était un peu fou. Je suppose que dans le modèle, il y a des boucles de rétroaction involontaires qui le créent. J'espère qu'une solution facile, car j'aime vraiment les changements apportés aux voitures de F1 que j'ai ressentis dans les modèles pneus / physiques.

Le Nurburgring semble ... petit? C'est peut-être juste ma VR ou quelque chose du genre, mais l'échelle du circuit semble un peu plus petite que dans d'autres jeux et à quoi ressemble le téléviseur. Cela ressemble presque à un mini Nurburgring à certains égards? Est-ce que je l'imagine? [/ QUOTE]

Je suis d'accord avec les F1 70,85,90,95,98,2002, ils s'améliorent beaucoup, et le ffb est très bon pour ces voitures. Sinon pour le circuit Nurb, je l'ai trouvé "normal". Je joue en vue cockpit casque avec la vue qui retrouvera la courbe du virage sur un écran 16/9 de 106cm, j'adore. Je voudrais juste un peu plus nerveux pour ces voitures F1, mais c'est déjà super;)

10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

380 is amazing. No weird sounds coming from the base or/and when wheel is in a certain position. So far. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Nice, will update it later this week.:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Because this isn't true for everyone. No VR support is a show stopper for me at this point. I also enjoy unpredictable and/or set weather conditions. I really like how the driving feels when cars are close to their finished state and the FFB has been interesting for me since early access. It just got a whole lot better. It just has a different feel to it and I like it.

I think for now AMS2 is not meant to be a seamless upgrade for hardcore AMS1 fans. Instead for the time being it's meant to lure in a lot of new interest in order to get funding to make an insanely great sim for both sets of fans. For what it's worth, I'm in 100% :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Because VR. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

And with this you all more or less show agreement, that AMS2 is played because of the improvements. So why going a step back on other departments then?

15. oez

It's not trivial to have all the same features when switching engines while having a long backlog of tasks to do. So yes I agree that there are many steps back, but I don't think anyone decided "lets make it worse in these areas".

Handling and physics were always going to throw a curveball and take time to get right with Madness. Meanwhile it does more than the old engine in terms of simulation.

Same can be said for features like the spotter. You gain some, you lose some. They need time to add stuff back in that's missing due to the engine being different. It's really nasty (because someone will be annoyed) work sometimes working with development backlogs myself. Stuff just has to be postponed in order to get the higher value tasks done ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

And i did not say, that AMS2 has deliberately cutted features away. I answered another user that it makes no sense to me, that you should cut something away, that is realizeable/already functioning in the background. The spotter function is natively integrated in the madness engine. (And runs, visible via subtitles activation)

again, i'm aware and this was not my point ->
    The point was about somebody posting to leave the feature away completely. (which is unlikely, because the option is still avaiable and it basically is already working, "just" needs the voice.)
    I don't care, how long it may take.

Highly discussable topic regarding the enduser side when it comes to simulation, but i don't want to open this can of worms. :D Regarding user experience (if polish is right), the Madness engine is definetly a step forward.

17. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

hmm, im not sure if you are comparing ams1 or the actual underlying engine. If Madness did more (or better) than rfactor engine, pros would use Madness :) even from a user perspective, I really dont feel so far that the new engine does more, in fact, it seems like it does less (or less well) in terms of simulation.

I have to say tho Madness engine is proving to be true to its name, so theres that.

18. CrimsonEminence

Please...don't let us start about this topic too deep. I can see the torches and forks market opening already. :D
    (As an user i like the new foundation of AMS2 a lot, but i'm aware, it may be hardcore for development and there are some things, some players might have a harder time get used to)
    but pleaaase, noooo :D

19. oez

Oh oops! Sorry, I missed this part and went into a pointless argument. I agree, it's just one of those confusing things that exist in the current implementation. I think not everyone likes to tinker with external apps (and I like CCv4 myself). It needs to stay in for the eventual console port at least. So yes, agreed.

Yep, stopping here! I agree and appreciate that the end result is what counts. I'll offer my point of view in return that I really like how high the ceiling is with Madness. It just needs a lot of work to match existing sims, but I already enjoy the fruits of Reiza's (and SMS's!) labor thus far as it can offer something no other sim offers :).

I'm not gonna get into this any more either than by saying that what pros use is different to what's best for consumer simulation. And that the SETA tire model by definition does more. Probably not in any sense that's valuable to pros, I don't know. It's both a blessing and a curse in its complexity. I agree about the end result. It depends on what you're looking for at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DeMol

DeMol New Member

I wish the carrer mode/online ratings were implemented in the first place, to keep me a bit longer playing this game. Right now I just keep coming back after each update to check what is new, what is still broken, do couple of races, and than after sweating my way through in one of those awesome races... there is no 'fireworks', not even a sign that I achieved/completed something, just 'go back to main menu' button. I would love to feel some progress while playing AMS 2. This could be the way to attract more players to the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1