1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock V8 AI slow at Bathurst

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gazza77, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Gazza77

Gazza77 New Member

Yeah so, im getting pumped up for bathurst this weekend, i love the new stock v8s, but man they (ai) are slow at bathurst, Does anyone know how i could fix this, i have it on 120 and still the ai are 2 seconds slower than me, cheers..

• Like Like x 1
  2. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

When I was practicing for a M1 Procar event at Bathurst I noticed that they were slow too. If I had to guess, I'd say that the AI is not great at Bathurst. They seem to struggle in the Dipping and the Esses as well as the turns right after the Cutting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

The M1 Procar AI is slow on all tracks that I drove it so far, when compared with other classes using the same AI settings.

4. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Now I want to try other cars at Bathurst. I know that it's not the AI settings because with those same settings the AI smokes me at Brands Hatch where I am admittedly not very good. So now I want to try the M1 Procar at Brands Hatch and then the Lancer at Bathurst (the Lancer is for a league race). I will post results when I get them.

5. Aus67

Aus67 New Member

Same at Adelaide, veery slow AI. Maybe all the AI is built of the same engine as no matter what class and skill level they can be out-braked with ease!

6. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I did a little experimenting. The AI is definitely slow on the climb up the mountain from the Cutting to Skyline. I don't think that I'm particularly fast at that section, but maybe I'm slightly better at it than I think. I also found the AI to be slow through the Schumacher Esses at Nurburgring GP. The AI isn't great at Turn 1 there either. It will be interesting to see how it does when we get the full Nordschleife.

It seems more track- rather than car-dependent to me.