1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

I have tried to compensate for the loss by adjusting the FX-slider, sadly, the results where not satisfiying for me. But maybe i just need to try higher values, will check that out later today.

As for the clipping, i am running the same wheelbase (SC2 pro) at around 15-16Nm and with a gain of 35 i still get clipping sometimes when hitting curbs, massive undulations (like in the run out zone on the nürburgring) and on corners like Frog Hollow/Sulman Park on Bathurst when the suspension compresses.

Guess the gain is still too high o_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I hope Reiza reads this :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you may have misunderstood my point: I was saying that HM2.3 still feels significantly better than the new default to me.

4. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

But...i basically said the same.

Or at least i though so :D

5. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I still think that both the NuScorpii HM and Karsten's Silver Raw files are better than Default, as good as default is. I find that the default is still very vague around centre for me, no matter what I change.
    @Karsten Hvidberg - I just tried your latest file, and it was very smooth, too smooth for me. I have upped a lot of the settings, and it really feels good to me now. I wonder if you could tell me what setting to change to get a bit more ramp up of strength on hard turns? I thought it was (static_force_reduction), but I have lowered that to 0.1 and it seems the same as it was. Thanks, keep 'em coming, if you get time that is. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lol. I think we’re in agreement then. ;)

7. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Michael,

We're all mind-readers here :)
    I happened have the same thought & have just posted one more update. 6.6.5.9.9.9.9.9.
    Hmm.. Have been running towards that 6.6.6 asymptote.. But it's beginning to look inevitable :)

I would be curious if you like these changes or still need to tweak those too?

Reg. your question try going to 0.0 on both the static reductions.

8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Which version of the New Silver do you use w/ PC2, v665999.9?

9. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Still using 5.9/3.0 and it works just fine on latest release with G920. Not exactly sure what the AMS2 damping slider does, so for now I just minimized it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Sherpa,

For PC2 you need the pc2 specific file, since there are some system features that differ in the 2 titles.
    The PC2 is called "Silver Project", latest version is 7.3. Here's link to page on racedepartment: Silver Project Custom FFB

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Hi Karsten, does your new version include the new brake-effect (Steering resistance) parameter?

I've been using the Default since the last few beta-updates but, center feel is a bit loose for my liking (at least with the new cars). I'd like to retain the brake-effect if I move back to a custom profile.

12. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Dean,

Yes it does, by pure chance I had added it myself as well... Weird...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I agree with this :) latest Silver file for PC2 literally transforms the FFB and makes the feeling very close to the best DD wheels can produce. Close to the raw rf2 feel.

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks. Though FFB may be better, would this help address the ‘understeer’ and ‘under-inflated tire feel’ still be present with the cars (ie. GT3 cars)?
    Will reinstall w/ some free time to test.

15. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

I like the new defaults, no complaints, just wish for an "understeer enhance" feature, you know what I mean? From codemasters F1 or assetto corsa, there you have understeer enhance feature. I use a t300 Rs.

16. Karsten Hvidberg

What does that do better?

17. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

It is simple but effective, when the front tires start to lose grip, the steering gets progressively lighter. In a real car you get this also but it's subtle. AMS2 seems to lack it entirely.

18. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I’m using the Heavy Messing ffb and really enjoy it on my CSL Elite. However, as a relative newcomer to race sims I’m still grasping around in the dark when it comes to understanding ffb and how it translates effects. As such I’m never quite sure if I’m running too much and drowning out nuances or should just stick with what I like.

For instance, how would I know whilst driving whether I’m feeling, but not noticing (or understanding) if I’m getting clipping?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Ams2 has built in FFB clip meter

Just circle through HUDs until you reach suspension/brake screen and its there on the bottom left
    You have color coding to indicate when you are clipping

• Like Like x 3
  20. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg - Just tried your latest file, and there is definitely more feeling in it. Just toned down the 2 details lines (by 0.05) and upped the bump lines (by 0.1). Also dropped static force reduction to 0.15. Apart from that all seems pretty good. Thanks again.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1