1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I don't recall seeing a parameter (rF2) pertaining to a Damper adjustment level, there may be but, it's been some time since I've toyed with the json files.

The smoothing in rF2 works pretty well, I can't tell much difference from the filter level used in SimuCube. I do find that I have to change it - depending on the car though.

2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Everytime,i start AMS2,i see a splash - screen,sayin "Motor Sport Simulator!
    That's what i want.With authentic car physics.
    If a enduser likes it a little more easy/or "arcadeish",he can put on the driving aids.And TC/ABS.
    That's what i like in Raceroom with the "Get Real" feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

RF2 does not use the Damping channel.;)

4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

haha its pointless now anyway, i just hope Reiza will make things work with this. Im still hoping for some miracle to get ams1 and rf2 features combined :) for example the way rf2 visually represents tyre flex, deformation, flat spots, wear and tear, etc. is awesome and something id like to see again.

5. Hanage50cm

Hanage50cm New Member

Hotfix coming tonight

6. Flens

Flens New Member

Any hint or link??

7. Hanage50cm

Hanage50cm New Member

Official twitter

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems to me that you have the wrong idea of what a simulator is. I (like many others) do not want 'fireworks', or for a little voice to come out saying how well you have done and how cool life is.

If that is what you are looking for, there are many such games. I prefer to eliminate all that and focus on the physics, circuits and other topics being constantly improved to offer the best possible simulation.

Progress has to be felt in improving lap times, concentration, being able to push the car to the limit, etc. And that they implement a good online system in which progress is to improve my results against other people who are better than me.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I know there are two active Direct-Input effects reported in SimuCube; Spring is one, not sure but, I thought Damping was the other. I'll check next time I run rF2.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i believe he means AMS2 is lacking replayability.

atm, AI is wonky, online is empty and a mess.

11. DeMol

DeMol New Member

Don't get me wrong.. Improving lap times after even couple of hours gets boring. Few good races online without getting anything register doesn't give me enough satistaction, like fe. in Raceroom, iRacing, PC2, ACC, even F1 2020 (I know cannot call it 'simulator'), where everything You do - gets recorded. I know that carrer mode/online ratings will be implemented one day, but until than, me like many other players will just pop up for couple of races and go back to their favorite sims to carry on with game progress/improving ratings, leaving online AMS2 lobbies empty, until next update.

12. Mike Ruby

Rome was not made in a day ... Little by little everything will be polished. The other simulators on the market have been at least 2 years old, you have to allow time. It seems to me that what Reiza is doing is worthy of being awarded prizes, a lot of cars and circuits, learning a new graphic engine, starting to license content even knowing that they are a small studio, etc.

The online will come, I'm sure of it. And I understand what you are saying, yes, it is good to have an indicator like an 'iRating' or something similar to help us set a goal, but for the moment it is what it is, so I will focus on enjoying driving

a greeting

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

join our discord group and you will find races all the time.
    right now we are starting our 4th championship
    Join the GearUP SimRacing Discord Server!

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

You can go too far though, there have been times that I have been unaware that the race has even finished until Crew Chief told me. I could be wrong, will need to test this, but at times I think the race finished popup doesn't popup. I race in VR - no hud. Still get start lights but not sure I always see a race finished signal. I might be missing it occasionally, but if I am it is easily missed and could be more prominent.

15. Mike Ruby

It may be that in VR that happens, I have no problem with screens, first because I have a HUD that warns me of the laps / time left, and second because a giant message appears telling me that the race is over. ..

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  16. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a difference between simulating just driving and simulating motor racing. Maybe Codies style fake podiums would be a bit much but right now half the time all you get is "Race Over" come up usually at the wrong time. A bit of crowd noise, animated chequered flag waving, marshals clapping/waving, etc. wouldn't go a miss for me at least.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Mike Ruby

I understand what they mean. But do you really think that right now that is the most important thing? There are dozens of more critical things to polish / fix in my opinion.

One does not worry about the color of the kitchen if it is still in the foundations of the house ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think, rF2 actually receives a bit of wheel damping in the menu. Not sure about on-track.

19. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I didn't have time to test the multiplayer after the latest update. How is the kick system? After kicked, the driver can rejoin the server immediately like in AC (the trolls and crashers paradise)?

20. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

A HUD!! "It seems to me that you have the wrong idea of what a simulator is!!" Real racing drivers don't have a HUD. :D

• Funny Funny x 1